[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Inpulsa is super expensive this league. Everyone and their brother seems to be running some arc build.

As such, I decided to get my dual poet's pen first. Instead of doing warp/arc, I went ahead and just did arc/ball lightning. It plays just like a self cast arc for now, but you also have really good bossing damage from ball lightning. I'm guessing I'll end up running 3 pens, with ball lightning swap out for warp depending on boss vs. map.

Also: with lack of Berek's early (expensive), i found that linking warlord's mark with curse on hit and HoT does nicely for now.
Last edited by Yoluun on Jun 2, 2018, 4:17:59 PM
Hello. i was going to play inquisitor crit arc selfcast but after seeing your guide , i decided to give it a try. will start as selfcast early league and going poets later. probably because my internet restrict PoB pastebins i can't open it. can you please update your skill trees for the new 3.3 tree. would be appreciated.
Author of https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2043679 here. Updating my guide.

Really don't understand why you would use lightning warp?! Investment is huge and it's a worse bodyswap... You don't need this volatile / unearth you are talking about... Your poet's pen skills kill enemies thus generate corpses. I tried lightning warp over and over and I really just don't get it so please explain, I go at least twice as fast with bodyswap and alot less effort as well. Also thinking about a 5l/6l ( Arcane Surge? Leech? ) setup in chest for single target, this would be either (Vaal) Blade Vortex or (Vaal) Storm Call with or without CoC / Power Siphon ( power charges, doesn't need gmp, auto target and culling = PERFECT )

First Poet's Pen:
Arc
Support
Support

Second Poet's Pen
Bodyswap ( Switch to support on bosses )
Skill
Support

Pro's of Bodyswap compared to Lightning Warp:

SAFER! You tp in AFTER enemies die
FASTER! It's instant with more range...
More Damage than lightning warp
You can swap to a support on bosses
No need to aim, I keep getting stuck with lightning warp...
You don't lose dps because you are teleporting around vs rares and bosses
Cosmetics

Only negative thing would be is that it doesn't work when there are no enemies, which is why I run a 4 link flame fash, lightning warp or phase run ( got buffed hard )

PS: What about using Stormfire?
PSS: Which ascendancy would you take for HC? I will be using MoM + Enfeeble + 180-200% life
PSSS: Don't forget that Inpulsa doesn't do much for trap / mine / totem builds
Last edited by Yagamai on Jun 2, 2018, 7:26:32 PM
"
Yagamai wrote:
Author of https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2043679 here. Updating my guide.

Really don't understand why you would use lightning warp?! Investment is huge and it's a worse bodyswap... You don't need this volatile / unearth you are talking about... Your poet's pen skills kill enemies thus generate corpses. I tried lightning warp over and over and I really just don't get it so please explain, I go at least twice as fast with bodyswap and alot less effort as well. Also thinking about a 5l/6l ( Arcane Surge? Leech? ) setup in chest for single target, this would be either (Vaal) Blade Vortex or (Vaal) Storm Call with or without CoC / Power Siphon ( power charges, doesn't need gmp, auto target and culling = PERFECT )

First Poet's Pen:
Arc
Support
Support

Second Poet's Pen
Skill
Support

Cosmetics

Only negative thing would be is that it doesn't work when there are no enemies, which is why I run a 4 link flame fash, lightning warp or phase run ( got buffed hard )

PSS: Which ascendancy would you take for HC? I will be using MoM + Enfeeble + 180-200% life

Keep in mind if you Inpulsa you won't be able to run bodyswap without corpse gem as you'll blow the corpses up.

I like lightning warp because it's easier to control. Where you click is where you will go. Bodyswap picks the closest body, which can result in some strange rips.

Lightning warp is a bit finnicky because if you click somewhere you cannot actually teleport into (ie. like offscreen) it won't go off. Once you get used to it, the precision is actually quite nice.
It might be stupid question ,

where come mana sustain???

"
dpeth9900 wrote:
It might be stupid question ,

where come mana sustain???

Mind of the Council head piece.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_of_the_Council
do u think using herald of ice and thunder together would be good?
FIX SG SERVER
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
Yagamai wrote:

First Poet's Pen:
Arc
Support
Support

Second Poet's Pen
Skill
Support

Cosmetics

Keep in mind if you Inpulsa you won't be able to run bodyswap without corpse gem as you'll blow the corpses up.

I like lightning warp because it's easier to control. Where you click is where you will go. Bodyswap picks the closest body, which can result in some strange rips.

Lightning warp is a bit finnicky because if you click somewhere you cannot actually teleport into (ie. like offscreen) it won't go off. Once you get used to it, the precision is actually quite nice.

Yeah won't work with Inpulsa ( I play HC so I need defensive chest anyway ).
Bodyswap picks the closest body to your cursor so it's pretty spot on most of the time.
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
Yagamai wrote:

First Poet's Pen:
Arc
Support
Support

Second Poet's Pen
Skill
Support

Cosmetics

Yeah won't work with Inpulsa ( I play HC so I need defensive chest anyway ).
Bodyswap picks the closest body to your cursor so it's pretty spot on most of the time.
Since Inpulsa's is real expensive I've decided to go for the 2 Poet's pens first. It's working out pretty well! It's much faster than self cast and I'm having no issues in maps up to T6 so far (The highest I've got). Here's to hoping Inpulsa's goes down a little bit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info