[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
m0onknight wrote:
Since Inpulsa's is real expensive I've decided to go for the 2 Poet's pens first. It's working out pretty well! It's much faster than self cast and I'm having no issues in maps up to T6 so far (The highest I've got). Here's to hoping Inpulsa's goes down a little bit!

Yeah it's really awkward right now. I can afford one, but I'm also like...do I really want to pay the current price?
Few important questions:

1- Should we use Vaal Arc in our poet's - will it be casted automatically once the gem has enough souls? or just the basic version will be casted all the time?

2-Should we use corrupted poet's with + x-y lightning damage? is it better than 15% spell damage. The new vaal implicit changes allow wands to roll:

*5–7)% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike

*(10–15)% chance to gain Unholy Might for 3 seconds on Kill

*Damage Penetrates (8–10)% Elemental Resistances (best roll)??

*(15–20)% increased Area of Effect - best for lightning ball wand?

*Adds (2–6) to (72–76) Lightning Damage

can also roll attack speed and critical chance - those aren't so useful to the build. we've got enough of that.
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
Few important questions:

1- Should we use Vaal Arc in our poet's - will it be casted automatically once the gem has enough souls? or just the basic version will be casted all the time?

2-Should we use corrupted poet's with + x-y lightning damage? is it better than 15% spell damage. The new vaal implicit changes allow wands to roll:

*5–7)% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike

*(10–15)% chance to gain Unholy Might for 3 seconds on Kill

*Damage Penetrates (8–10)% Elemental Resistances (best roll)??

*(15–20)% increased Area of Effect - best for lightning ball wand?

*Adds (2–6) to (72–76) Lightning Damage

can also roll attack speed and critical chance - those aren't so useful to the build. we've got enough of that.

1- Vaal arc doesn't cast. It only uses the normal arc. Normal arc will be better cuz you can get 21/20. However I'm using Vaal r/n cuz I just happen to have one lying around.

2 - I'm guessing damage pen is probably better? This build has no problem with trash, so it's always about scaling boss damage. Pen should be better. Also I think +x-y lightning dmg is a local modifier, so it wont affect spells.
"
Yoluun wrote:
Yeah it's really awkward right now. I can afford one, but I'm also like...do I really want to pay the current price?

It's a bit of a gamble. It'll probably go down a lot but there is also the chance that it won't if a popular streamer decides to use it.

Have you bought your poet's already?
Im following your guide as my starter. So far got 2 PP's and inpulsa. Im about to buy 2nd set of PP's. I noticed that you changed shock nova into arc in second setup. Thats intentional? No more shock nova as single target?

Nvm, just noticed 3.3 edited changes :P
Last edited by Deziowy on Jun 3, 2018, 5:22:15 PM
"
m0onknight wrote:
"
Yoluun wrote:

It's a bit of a gamble. It'll probably go down a lot but there is also the chance that it won't if a popular streamer decides to use it.

Have you bought your poet's already?

Yeah I already have 4x PPs. Even though the other 2 are kind of unnecessary, I like the QoL it gives for quick swap to single target setup.
Dumb question- I have CWDT and Immortal call lvl 1, but how do i get endurance chargers to make it work? I only see myself getting power and frenzy charges.
"
trashman15 wrote:
Dumb question- I have CWDT and Immortal call lvl 1, but how do i get endurance chargers to make it work? I only see myself getting power and frenzy charges.

AFAIK if you link a Warlord's mark to it and get the Endurance Charge on kill?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
trashman15 wrote:

Are there any other defenses I could use? I feel a little squishy.
"
trashman15 wrote:
"
trashman15 wrote:

Are there any other defenses I could use? I feel a little squishy.

What lvl are u and ur gear? I felt a little squishy until I got MoM. And used warlord's mark on cwdt

However, you'll really start to feel tanky af when u get mind of the council & berek's grip. However, it's expensive af :( i'm still farming for it
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jun 3, 2018, 6:47:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info