[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

You gain very little armour but you lose rare jewel and 18% resistances.
That can be a problem in general because build is very strained with res.

Chance for double armour is nice but very unreliable.

Comes down to almost same thing.
[/quote]

As far i tried double armor is up all time
You lose only 6% elemental resistence since you can take Cloth and Chain with one point
With the two point that you gain with dirty tecnique (we already had a lot of poison chance) you can take more node on cluster jewel or another jewel slot
"
Redvex wrote:

As far i tried double armor is up all time
You lose only 6% elemental resistence since you can take Cloth and Chain with one point
With the two point that you gain with dirty tecnique (we already had a lot of poison chance) you can take more node on cluster jewel or another jewel slot

Thats 6% all res.

Ill try it out for sure. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 9, 2020, 5:59:57 AM
If you run an Enduring Composure Small cluster, it will cap you out at 90% DR, with Jade flask. And, you will have those 3 charges basically the entire map from second 3. This also gives you some breathing room on resists, too. Its incredibly reliable, since its basically a smaller version of the Jugg Ascendancy. 1 charge ever second you have been hit recently. "Recently" lasts 4 seconds. You dont have much dodge with Iron Reflexes, so you are always getting hit.

It also gives you some buffer for when you dont hit Jade flask on CD. If you havent tried that instead of the intuitive leap, I'd give it a go, too.

If you are running a cluster jewel set up, I'd personally make use of all the jewel slots and notables, and make it worthwhile going into it. Large with 3 and 2 jewel slots, 2 mediums with 2 and 1 jewel slot, and double smalls. Just my opinion, though. Because you have to waste 3 points just going into it, I'd try and get full value out of the cluster setup.
Last edited by Destructodave on May 9, 2020, 7:09:14 AM
"
"
Werdna76 wrote:
I'm brainstorming ways to squeeze more out of this build now that I'm . Instead of using Spell Totem + Wither (+ Faster Casting, + Multi-totems), has anyone tried using Ancestral Protector + Withering Touch Support, maybe + Faster Attacks? Seems like it might be a little less reliable with applying withering stacks, but gives us AS (more life gain on hit), might be tankier, and uses fewer sockets... plus puts out some damage.

Any thoughts on this or is it a non-starter?

Ancestral Protector gives flat 20% multiplier.

Withering totem gives 24% multiplier just with 4 stacks of Wither and it can go up to 15 stacks (90% more). It also casts Wither 5x/s.

But keep brainstorming and post if you get some ideas. Every little bit of improvements counts. :D

I think you missed the bit about Withering Touch support on Ancestral Protector. I mean using AP to apply Wither instead of the spell totem. Since we have very high attack speed already, the AP attacks quickly, hits a lot, and applies wither stacks in addition to attacking and giving us 20% attack speed. Put it all together, consider the lower socket count, and it might be an interesting alternative.
"
Werdna76 wrote:
"
"
Werdna76 wrote:
I'm brainstorming ways to squeeze more out of this build now that I'm . Instead of using Spell Totem + Wither (+ Faster Casting, + Multi-totems), has anyone tried using Ancestral Protector + Withering Touch Support, maybe + Faster Attacks? Seems like it might be a little less reliable with applying withering stacks, but gives us AS (more life gain on hit), might be tankier, and uses fewer sockets... plus puts out some damage.

Withering totem gives 24% multiplier just with 4 stacks of Wither and it can go up to 15 stacks (90% more). It also casts Wither 5x/s.

But keep brainstorming and post if you get some ideas. Every little bit of improvements counts. :D

I think you missed the bit about Withering Touch support on Ancestral Protector. I mean using AP to apply Wither instead of the spell totem. Since we have very high attack speed already, the AP attacks quickly, hits a lot, and applies wither stacks in addition to attacking and giving us 20% attack speed. Put it all together, consider the lower socket count, and it might be an interesting alternative.

I might throw AP + Withering Touch + Faster Attacks on a claw that has Poison Support on it to get the 4-link AP. This will do some damage, apply wither stacks, apply poison, use the chaos buff on withering touch, and help me attack and heal faster.
A little late, but here's a final update on my tanky cluster jewel variant. This is probably the best league starter + league ender I've played. I tried several other builds this league including a herald boi, but kept coming back to this one, whether it was for Sirus, wave 20 kosis, or a reflect map.

Ended up with 5700 life, 78% max res, 48% block, 30% spell dodge, 37k armour and 54% chaos res against damage over time. 2.8m pestilent strike dps, 5m viper strike, and 9m viper strike with wither totems up. Fortify is always up, and either molten shell or vaal molten shell is almost always up. I also use a brutal restraint south of duelist which gives me onslaught for 8 seconds on kill, among other things.

This is the cluster jewel setup I went for which gives me some damage, block, +2% max res, frenzy charges while clearing, life recovery on kill, and my favorite, "Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage" from the Low Tolerance notable. I could have reached over 6k life by swapping a prismatic dance jewel for a fettle, but I didn't find it necessary as this build never came close to being one shot. I highly recommend everyone playing this build to at least use Low Tolerance and Brush with Death notables, which you can get on a single medium cluster jewel or megalomaniac. Brush with Death makes it so you never see your life anything less than full while mapping. Also, you would need to link brutality to your whirling blades so that it doesn't mess with Low Tolerance.

Finally, it's worth noting that the non-cluster jewel skill tree has similar life and more damage, you just won't get the neat little modifiers that are exclusive to the cluster jewels (which I believe are worth it, especially since we have more than enough damage for all content).

Character Link
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/32yB34Vb (requires community fork)
Last edited by Hman120 on May 9, 2020, 5:20:23 PM
"
Werdna76 wrote:
"
"
Werdna76 wrote:

Yeah i saw that.

Withering Touch has only 25% chance to inflict Wither.

Nevertheless with 2-3 totems that could be bypassed to a degree.

One big downside of the Ancestral Totems is their range which is quite poor. So you would have to position them almost right next to the target or they wont hit.

Haven't done exact math but ill test it before next league for sure.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 9, 2020, 5:33:46 PM
"
A little late, but here's a final update on my tanky cluster jewel variant. This is probably the best league starter + league ender I've played. I tried several other builds this league including a herald boi, but kept coming back to this one, whether it was for Sirus, wave 20 kosis, or a reflect map.

Ended up with 5700 life, 78% max res, 48% block, 30% spell dodge, 37k armour and 54% chaos res against damage over time. 2.8m pestilent strike dps, 5m viper strike, and 9m viper strike with wither totems up. Fortify is always up, and either molten shell or vaal molten shell is almost always up. I also use a brutal restraint south of duelist which gives me onslaught for 8 seconds on kill, among other things.

This is the cluster jewel setup I went for which gives me some damage, block, +2% max res, frenzy charges while clearing, life recovery on kill, and my favorite, "Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage" from the Low Tolerance notable. I could have reached over 6k life by swapping a prismatic dance jewel for a fettle, but I didn't find it necessary as this build never came close to being one shot. I highly recommend everyone playing this build to at least use Low Tolerance and Brush with Death notables, which you can get on a single medium cluster jewel or megalomaniac. Brush with Death makes it so you never see your life anything less than full while mapping. Also, you would need to link brutality to your whirling blades so that it doesn't mess with Low Tolerance.

Finally, it's worth noting that the non-cluster jewel skill tree has similar life and more damage, you just won't get the neat little modifiers that are exclusive to the cluster jewels (which I believe are worth it, especially since we have more than enough damage for all content).

Character Link
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/32yB34Vb (requires community fork)

Very nice setup!

Since Delirium started i've tried to beat the non-cluster passive tree as for almost every other build cluster version gives major boost in probably every way.
To my conclusion, for dps in 90% of cases based on players gear without sacrificing either life or defenses, default passive tree is still the best one.
Rare clusters would give different accent with either going for even more dps on account of defenses or vice versa, more defenses/QoL/Sustain like you did.

Haven't experimented with top Voices, but they would probably be the way to upgrade the build on every front.

What do you think about switching one Prismatic Dance for No Witnesses?
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 9, 2020, 6:00:00 PM
"

What do you think about switching one Prismatic Dance for No Witnesses?

I'm sure most people would like it but I personally don't like buffs that are not active or in full effect all the time. Same reason I put fortify in main links as opposed to whirling blades. Either way, there are many options for small cluster jewels. Others that I would use are flow of life, blessed, student of decay, second skin and natural vigour/militarism.
It sounds like you gave up a lot of DPS for that setup; even more DPS than the Aul's/3x Purity setup. Have you tried it? I had about 10.5-11m Shaper DPS with the Aul's setup.

The Aul's/3x Purity setup with Pure Commander spam(they can appear on smalls; would be better than running Prismatic Dances) is anywhere from 82-88% all resistance, depending on how many clusters you go, or how many you devote to it. Also, your overall resistances are in the like 180s, so gearing is easy.

I didn't like it becuase I gave up half my dps(I do 19m Shaper DPS with a DMG-heavy setup). But, it was very defense heavy.

If you havent tried that, maybe thats something you would like to give a shot. Or something you could tweak and play around with to see if you like. You use Malevolence Aul's, 3 purities, and then as many Pure Commander/Replenishing Presence-type notables you can use.
Last edited by Destructodave on May 10, 2020, 8:48:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info