[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
arygos15 wrote:
"
delgar89 wrote:
"
arygos15 wrote:
Question regarding chest corrupt: 1% maximum resists or +1 level of socketed gems? Socketed gems is 10% more total dps which is huge, however this build is super squishy outside of molten shell (5.8k life, 75% all 4 res, get 1shot by anything that's not shit). Would the 1% extra resists help me not explode during any end-game bossfight or should I just go for more dps? I play Cobra Lash btw

This build with end game setup is not squishy and can face tank t16 metamorphs and 8lvl sirus.
Until you get there it will be in fact squishy AF. Outside of molten shell you can get spell dodge enchant on boots, use stibnite or quarz flask instead of mvn speed flask, stack block nodes on tree with dualwielding and so on. You can also do what i mentioned few posts above.

I think that 1% resist is much better than gem level. At some point you'll have more dmg than you really need. But that's just my opinion.

I did Sirus8, Uelder and stuff. Spent about 40 ex on the build. I like it a lot, but when molten shell isn't up I melt. Crits in delve/map are just 1 shot

What dmg K.O you, phys dmg? We have a diffrent setups and I'm using Pestilient Strike. But the only thing that can one shot me are some metamorphs and somehting like buffed minotaur.

After taking a quick peek into ur build, what I can see that is diffrent bettwen me and you is you are using movement flask, have movement speed enchant on boots instead of dodge, you don't have swagger node, u spend lots of points into INT and with smart gearing there isnt need for that.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jan 27, 2020, 3:09:09 PM
"
delgar89 wrote:

From what I can see that is diffrent bettwen me and you is you are using movement flask, have movement speed enchant on boots instead of dodge, you don't have swagger node, u spend lots of points into INT and with smart gearing there isnt need for that.

I super suck at this game so I'm sorry but I don't know to explain better. So I can change movement flask, I just started Uber Lab so I will get the proper boots enchants when I have good layout (trying 500 lab chest challenge anyway). I don't know what swagger node is sorry. I don't spend lots of points on int, I just leveled 6 raise zombies for extra cash and didn't have enough int, so this is just temporary :D I have a Malevolence Watcher's Eye in storage waiting for those pesky gems to hit level 20 so I can get the jewel slot again
Last edited by arygos15 on Jan 27, 2020, 3:20:46 PM
Hey, i'm playing the Pestilent Strike version of this build (swapping PS to Viper Strike for hard bosses) and i can confirm : this build is GREAT!

(watch out if you don't have a great PC your fps may go to 40 or something like that (poison xP)

I've spend 2 ex on my off-hand weapon and 4 ex on my main-hand weapon and the damage is great! (no i don't have a watcher's eye)

if you have a budget of 15 to 20 exalts this build will perform amazingly, both offensively and defensively

if you are having trouble staying alive, its because you are not using your Molten Shell correctly, you need to keep your molten shell up 90% of the time if you want to live; and use your Vaal Molten Shell for metamorphs, guardians, etc.

I killed Awakener lvl 8 Sirus when i was lvl 82 i believe and it was easy, i had enough damage and honestly you just need to dodge the "Die!" beams and you are fine.

my gear is exactly like in the "gear" section (accucary rings, dmg. over time amulet, onslaught boots, etc. I got a helm with life, PS enchant, and nearby enemies have -9% to chaos res for 1 ex, but i'd recommend that you craft one yourself)

all my jewels have "inc. maximum life, inc. att. speed. with one handed melee weapons and inc. damage with poison"

i'm eager to try your Glacial Hammer build when i have enough currency :)
Last edited by supervi1 on Jan 27, 2020, 3:42:45 PM
"
Sporeguard is not worth tbh. Tested it in Blight while pushing Delve and loss of Phaseacrobatics is noticable. Stuff explode anyway from Pestilent...

Wither on hit, well that's pure luck. You could roll a lot of divines to get that.

As I said before about my testings with Sporeguard, or any other rare chest piece as a matter of fact, I've found solution for lack of Phase Acrobatics.

Solution:

For now I'll stick to Sporeguard. I must say it's amazing on metamorphs and very satisfying. It's also amazing with Plague Bearer and it has build in better dmg reduction (less all dmg) than Arctic Armour (phys + fire).
Extra annoit and 21% chaos resist is very nice too.

Will also look into some rare chests but those stats might be hard to beat.
Some combination of new mods might be good.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jan 27, 2020, 4:30:21 PM
"
delgar89 wrote:
"
Sporeguard is not worth tbh. Tested it in Blight while pushing Delve and loss of Phaseacrobatics is noticable. Stuff explode anyway from Pestilent...

Wither on hit, well that's pure luck. You could roll a lot of divines to get that.

As I said before about my testings with Sporeguard, or any other rare chest piece as a matter of fact, I've found solution for lack of Phase Acrobatics.

Solution:

Spoiler

For now I'll stick to Sporeguard. I must say it's amazing on metamorphs and very satisfying. It's also amazing with Plague Bearer and it has build in better dmg reduction (less all dmg) than Arctic Armour (phys + fire).

Pretty good idea with the jewel. Ill play around with it these days. Maybe a new chest takes place.
Tnx for the contribution! :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 27, 2020, 7:39:22 PM
"
supervi1 wrote:
Hey, i'm playing the Pestilent Strike version of this build (swapping PS to Viper Strike for hard bosses) and i can confirm : this build is GREAT!

(watch out if you don't have a great PC your fps may go to 40 or something like that (poison xP)

I've spend 2 ex on my off-hand weapon and 4 ex on my main-hand weapon and the damage is great! (no i don't have a watcher's eye)

if you have a budget of 15 to 20 exalts this build will perform amazingly, both offensively and defensively

if you are having trouble staying alive, its because you are not using your Molten Shell correctly, you need to keep your molten shell up 90% of the time if you want to live; and use your Vaal Molten Shell for metamorphs, guardians, etc.

I killed Awakener lvl 8 Sirus when i was lvl 82 i believe and it was easy, i had enough damage and honestly you just need to dodge the "Die!" beams and you are fine.

my gear is exactly like in the "gear" section (accucary rings, dmg. over time amulet, onslaught boots, etc. I got a helm with life, PS enchant, and nearby enemies have -9% to chaos res for 1 ex, but i'd recommend that you craft one yourself)

all my jewels have "inc. maximum life, inc. att. speed. with one handed melee weapons and inc. damage with poison"

i'm eager to try your Glacial Hammer build when i have enough currency :)

Very happy to see when players owning endgame with the build nad having fun! :)
Glacial is also very good. Prob faster mapper than Pathfinder though it can't tank such high incoming damage burst (no Vaal MS) but it's still very tanky.
"
"
delgar89 wrote:
"

Solution:

Spoiler

Pretty good idea with the jewel. Ill play around with it these days. Maybe a new chest takes place.
Tnx for the contribution! :)

No problem. It's fun to theory craft with the communitiy.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jan 28, 2020, 12:08:51 AM
Is ''increased damage with poison'' or ''poison duration'' on jewels better? Playing as Pestilent Strike.
"
delgar89 wrote:

Can you explain dmg reduction part, I don't see any except for 10% max life..?
"
AndreCruel wrote:
"
delgar89 wrote:

Can you explain dmg reduction part, I don't see any except for 10% max life..?

Contamination:

Fungal ground:

With Perfect Form you can use Arctic Armor that grants u dmg reduction while you're stationary:

(8-13)% less Physical Damage taken from Hits
(8-12)% less Fire Damage taken from Hits

That means that Arctic Armor works only on phys dmg and fire dmg from HITS and only when u're stationary. Fungal Ground works on all sources of dmg and there is fungal ground everywhere when you keep killing mobs so it works most of the time even when you're not stationary.

On top of that you have 10% life 21% chaos and becouse this item came on Blight league you can annoint it with for example "Constitution" node on Scion life wheel granting you another 14% life and 20 flat life.

Then you get better clear and more dmg with this chest.

"
Provin915 wrote:
Is ''increased damage with poison'' or ''poison duration'' on jewels better? Playing as Pestilent Strike.

Path of Building will show you better results with poison duration most of the time but that's only revelant on targets that alive for that long. Inc dmg with poison will inc your burst dmg but shoudn't give u "higher" dps than inc duration.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jan 28, 2020, 10:36:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info