ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Regarding Frost Blade, I grabbed it on my Tempest character at the start thinking it might be a good AoE for a while. It was awkward to use and the projectiles didn't autotarget due to a bug, so I put it away.

Since then I've been messing around with it on my older character and it doesn't stack up very well against Lightning Strike.

Firstly you can't shift-click and pick something off from across the screen. The projectile effect doesn't trigger unless your weapon hits an enemy. Secondly it has no pierce at all on it. The quality bonus is 1% increased projectile damage per point. So unless you invest in some passives or support gems you're only hitting four monsters at a time at most. It has a base 100% damage against LS's 130%, and only seems to scale 1.2% per level against LS's 1.6%. So for single target it's far weaker. And that's all it gets for leveling up. No extra projectiles, no added range.

On the plus side, the projectiles don't get blocked by pits and gaps like the lightning bolts. Also the skill's only a 40% elemental conversion so you have a bit more physical to leech off of. It can be a decent melee AoE skill, the +14 range makes it safer to use than something with Melee Splash. But other than using it for some projectile-based shenanigans, Reave would be a better tool for that.
yeah.

There are a few things though. Trying to make 2.0 flicker work, I was leveling with frostblades. just because it was there.

Ranger has some cold damage nodes now. Shadow does as well. Particularly, +freeze chance.

Phase run with 20% more melee physical. and Frostblades+icebite chain freezing/frenzy.

Of course, ice crash might just be better at that too.

Or, do the same with herald of lighting+curse on hit+poachers with lit strike..
"
Efeyth wrote:
Is this build still really strong after 2.0? Cuz they removed shotgunning or did this build not rely on it?

Huh - LS does not shotgun.
"
JeremCom wrote:
Regarding Frost Blade, I grabbed it on my Tempest character at the start thinking it might be a good AoE for a while. It was awkward to use and the projectiles didn't autotarget due to a bug, so I put it away.

Since then I've been messing around with it on my older character and it doesn't stack up very well against Lightning Strike.

Firstly you can't shift-click and pick something off from across the screen. The projectile effect doesn't trigger unless your weapon hits an enemy. Secondly it has no pierce at all on it. The quality bonus is 1% increased projectile damage per point. So unless you invest in some passives or support gems you're only hitting four monsters at a time at most. It has a base 100% damage against LS's 130%, and only seems to scale 1.2% per level against LS's 1.6%. So for single target it's far weaker. And that's all it gets for leveling up. No extra projectiles, no added range.

On the plus side, the projectiles don't get blocked by pits and gaps like the lightning bolts. Also the skill's only a 40% elemental conversion so you have a bit more physical to leech off of. It can be a decent melee AoE skill, the +14 range makes it safer to use than something with Melee Splash. But other than using it for some projectile-based shenanigans, Reave would be a better tool for that.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Are you doing end game maps yet with your character?
"
Casia wrote:
yeah.

There are a few things though. Trying to make 2.0 flicker work, I was leveling with frostblades. just because it was there.

Ranger has some cold damage nodes now. Shadow does as well. Particularly, +freeze chance.

Phase run with 20% more melee physical. and Frostblades+icebite chain freezing/frenzy.

Of course, ice crash might just be better at that too.

Or, do the same with herald of lighting+curse on hit+poachers with lit strike..

For frost blades projectiles - are they based on a % of your physical damage. And is it only limited to 2 projectiles?

From what Jerem is saying it sounds like a clunky skill that you cant use as well as LS for fighting at range.

I think using stuff like Chain will reduce the damage too much. If it is based on % of phys then PPAD I think would be better.

Still looks like LS would be better
Whitch Master does your guys do daily that are favorable to help this build ? The one you invit to your hideout!
Hey man, how big of a concern is reflect if I can't afford a rumi's and a taste of hate? Is this build atziri-viable using a Bino's?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
BTW - how are you guys like 2.0? Too bad I can't play =(. Anyone doing end game yet with this build?

Hello Ceryneian,

I am currently playing this on Warbands at level 45.

My Gear :
Spoiler

I also found that Mortem Morsu (new unique) is really good for leveling.

The build is holding up strong considering that I am self-found and everything was pretty much picked up with a bit of alts and chaos. However, I do have a couple of concerns with the build.

Questions :

1. At the start of new league where it is nearly impossible to get a Quality LS, Frostwall acts more like a hassle than a form of defence since we can hardly pierce through it? Do you have any recommendations?

2. I don't quite understand why EE is put together with HoA and Hatred cause it doesn't seem to do anything when I equip them together? And since the nerf on Reduced Mana, it's time to change to Enlighten Lvl 2+.

The build is definitely mana-hungry so I bring along a Surgeon's for Mana. Other than these two , the build is pretty strong imo! We just need to optimise and tweak especially with the new act 4 imba bosses! THANKS MAN!
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Efeyth wrote:
Is this build still really strong after 2.0? Cuz they removed shotgunning or did this build not rely on it?

Huh - LS does not shotgun.

Oh sorry I meant pre 2.0 projectile skills shotgunned didn't they? So wouldn't that make lightning strike much stronger?
LS never shotgunned. Either you hit with the melee portion or you hit with one of the projectiles. That's it.

The shotgun changes were for spells only.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info