ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Are you doing end game maps yet with your character?

Not really. I've been bouncing between my new character in leagues and the old one to test out stuff and fine-tune the build. I did dig into my old maps and ran one per level to test monster damage. My new build has 5k life instead of the old 4k to counteract the 25% damage increase and it works pretty well.

The maps themselves, outside of bosses, were pretty easy. Devourers are still a priority kill and the new dropbears can hurt. Of the new monsters added for act four, the most dangerous I found was the Revenant. Those large spider-like things in The Harvest that shoot a sweeping barrage of ice. It's a spell not an attack, they like to spam it, and it hurts (even on just a level 70 map.) The map I found them in only had two (a white and a blue), so maybe by design their high damage is balanced by that. Or it's a coincidence.

All the old bosses seemed the same as well. I had heard that Shipyard's boss was overhauled to have his damage more in line with Crematorium's, but he was even easier. This could be just me using old maps and not the new ones though.

I've only run a couple of new maps so far. Pit is an okay map (lots of dead ends) with a quick and easy boss. Desert is a great linear map with (no contest) the most annoying boss ever created. Channel's a bit of a maze like Pit with an easy boss as well.

Zana gave me a 73 version of Village and Ruins (normally a 79). The map was easy, but the bosses. They were definitely designed for a 79 map. One likes to use Vaal Rain of Arrows (doesn't miss and locks you down in place) while the other has a charge attack that hit me for 4800. And this is 6 levels below where they should be.

Physical reflect was rough on me as well. The loss of Ondar's and the 80% reduction of leech is a pretty nasty combo. I had to have a jade flask up for the entirety of that map.

Also, an addendum on Frost Blades. Apparently it works with Melee Splash. Really works. Every mob hit generates his own set of projectiles, so the damage grows exponentially with pack size. It could be an oversight on their part.
"
joseca wrote:
Hey man, how big of a concern is reflect if I can't afford a rumi's and a taste of hate? Is this build atziri-viable using a Bino's?

It will be an issue without Ondar's Guile, however the reflect for packs is no longer an aura - it has been changed to a mod for the individual monster.

However doing reflect maps is not possible.

I havent tried Atziri with Bino's, but based on how the projectile version felt on the Courtyard map with Bino's - im sure you can do Atziri with Bino's.
"
lilstryer wrote:

Questions :

1. At the start of new league where it is nearly impossible to get a Quality LS, Frostwall acts more like a hassle than a form of defence since we can hardly pierce through it? Do you have any recommendations?

2. I don't quite understand why EE is put together with HoA and Hatred cause it doesn't seem to do anything when I equip them together? And since the nerf on Reduced Mana, it's time to change to Enlighten Lvl 2+.

The build is definitely mana-hungry so I bring along a Surgeon's for Mana. Other than these two , the build is pretty strong imo! We just need to optimise and tweak especially with the new act 4 imba bosses! THANKS MAN!

1. Frost wall only works well if you can get 90%+ pierce. So you may have to remove it until you get enough pierce.

2. Ele Prolif should be the support for HoA. It only works with hoa to spread the burn overkill. I'll have to check the patch notes to see if they changed it so that it no longer works with heralds.

Thanks man
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 13, 2015, 9:40:20 AM
"
JeremCom wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Are you doing end game maps yet with your character?

Not really. I've been bouncing between my new character in leagues and the old one to test out stuff and fine-tune the build. I did dig into my old maps and ran one per level to test monster damage. My new build has 5k life instead of the old 4k to counteract the 25% damage increase and it works pretty well.

The maps themselves, outside of bosses, were pretty easy. Devourers are still a priority kill and the new dropbears can hurt. Of the new monsters added for act four, the most dangerous I found was the Revenant. Those large spider-like things in The Harvest that shoot a sweeping barrage of ice. It's a spell not an attack, they like to spam it, and it hurts (even on just a level 70 map.) The map I found them in only had two (a white and a blue), so maybe by design their high damage is balanced by that. Or it's a coincidence.

All the old bosses seemed the same as well. I had heard that Shipyard's boss was overhauled to have his damage more in line with Crematorium's, but he was even easier. This could be just me using old maps and not the new ones though.

I've only run a couple of new maps so far. Pit is an okay map (lots of dead ends) with a quick and easy boss. Desert is a great linear map with (no contest) the most annoying boss ever created. Channel's a bit of a maze like Pit with an easy boss as well.

Zana gave me a 73 version of Village and Ruins (normally a 79). The map was easy, but the bosses. They were definitely designed for a 79 map. One likes to use Vaal Rain of Arrows (doesn't miss and locks you down in place) while the other has a charge attack that hit me for 4800. And this is 6 levels below where they should be.

Physical reflect was rough on me as well. The loss of Ondar's and the 80% reduction of leech is a pretty nasty combo. I had to have a jade flask up for the entirety of that map.

Also, an addendum on Frost Blades. Apparently it works with Melee Splash. Really works. Every mob hit generates his own set of projectiles, so the damage grows exponentially with pack size. It could be an oversight on their part.

Thanks man, good info. 4.8k damage on charge is pretty ridiculous.
Hi guys sorry if this shouldn't be here just lemme know... I'm selling all the stuff of this build cause gonna focus in other char and currently need money to afford some mayor upgrades, i've capped resis 3.8k life and 44k dps LS tooltip.

If u're interested send me a message or talk in game IGN:Luzzbelita
Hi Ceryneian.
Do you think it is possible to play Acrobatic with Max Eva for this build or it's not advisable ?
I have 52% chance d'Evade (63% with Jade Flask) + 40Dodge attack and 30 Dodge spell (+ Vaal Grace)
3kLife - 80kDps (100k with 4 Frenzy) I don't use BoR and Rathpith but Bino's and Acuity and Shield with 1.5k Eva
I lose Dps (skill point apply for Eva + Dodge) but it's maybe more safe no ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4EsQV9BbUGIwceCC4OSBGWFqoWvxmKGY4ajxvIH0Ei6iP2JJ0k_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDIBNj031DpCPdE-z0cGSVFLeExgTZJRR1VLVvVW-l3yXkVh4mJaYqxsjG1scFJwVn11feOMC4w2jX2Nv46KkBuS85UulWaX0JoTmyabjZ2qo4qkeKZ_pzSooqr4rGav67Gzshm1SLk-uXy95sCcwdXB2MM6z3rP3dN-1CPYdttu29TdqN7444TnVOd06NbssO0_7UHtg-4O73rw1fGK8-r22vb8-uv7Cf66_94=?accountName=Zhaolin&characterName=Zhaolei

Still thank you for your build
(sorry for my bad english)
Last edited by Zhaolin on Jul 15, 2015, 6:10:55 AM
Alright guys, so i'm lvl 75 in Warbands and i can confirm that with Spirit void nodes added to Mind Drinker i have no mana issues and dont have to carry a mana flask.

Gear (no mana regen/mana leech)
Spoiler

I'm a bit squishy in maps, what should be my top priority: getting more damage (Maligaro's/Bino's ?) or defensive items (Lazhwar/Rathpith/Rumi's) ?

Thanks, i really the build so far.
"
Zhaolin wrote:
Hi Ceryneian.
Do you think it is possible to play Acrobatic with Max Eva for this build or it's not advisable ?
I have 52% chance d'Evade (63% with Jade Flask) + 40Dodge attack and 30 Dodge spell (+ Vaal Grace)
3kLife - 80kDps (100k with 4 Frenzy) I don't use BoR and Rathpith but Bino's and Acuity and Shield with 1.5k Eva
I lose Dps (skill point apply for Eva + Dodge) but it's maybe more safe no ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4EsQV9BbUGIwceCC4OSBGWFqoWvxmKGY4ajxvIH0Ei6iP2JJ0k_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDIBNj031DpCPdE-z0cGSVFLeExgTZJRR1VLVvVW-l3yXkVh4mJaYqxsjG1scFJwVn11feOMC4w2jX2Nv46KkBuS85UulWaX0JoTmyabjZ2qo4qkeKZ_pzSooqr4rGav67Gzshm1SLk-uXy95sCcwdXB2MM6z3rP3dN-1CPYdttu29TdqN7444TnVOd06NbssO0_7UHtg-4O73rw1fGK8-r22vb8-uv7Cf66_94=?accountName=Zhaolin&characterName=Zhaolei

Still thank you for your build
(sorry for my bad english)

Hi bro. You will need to get more life, I think 3k is too small now.

Yes you can get dodge and evasion, with no block. But this is the same defense as a bow character - so it would be more efficient to play as a bow character. But if you are using projectile version then I think it is fine. It just takes a lot of points for Acro, whereas as going for block is more from gear and flasks - so you save points. Rathpith Globe is also very good because it gives 10% max life inc.

Main advantage of this build is you can play full range, with very high blocks, and high APS with Multistrike. You can also use more interesting Vaal skills like Vaal Double Strike / Lightning Strike.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 16, 2015, 12:33:49 AM
"
blaupe wrote:
Alright guys, so i'm lvl 75 in Warbands and i can confirm that with Spirit void nodes added to Mind Drinker i have no mana issues and dont have to carry a mana flask.

Gear (no mana regen/mana leech)
Spoiler

I'm a bit squishy in maps, what should be my top priority: getting more damage (Maligaro's/Bino's ?) or defensive items (Lazhwar/Rathpith/Rumi's) ?

Thanks, i really the build so far.

Hi bro, how much life do you have, and what is giving you problems - attacks or spells?
Is der an Uber Run Vid? i cant find it, would like to see how melee is performing there.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info