Mechanical Questions Thread

If a shaper area is blocking an elder area from advancing, do i need to clear the shaper area manually so that elder can advance?
1. Can the shocked ground of Vaal Lightning Trap be affected by modifiers to shock effectiveness like from the Stormcharger unique?

2. What happens when an Elementelist has Avatar of Fire and Beacon of Ruin? Can he still shock when he has chance to shock? What about chill?
Last edited by Kabushiki on Apr 7, 2018, 9:36:38 PM

I want to ask about Elemental Proliferation and unique stuffs work with ailments.
If nearby enemies around my target shocked by Elemental Proliferation circle then will I recovered my mana form each of them ?
Also the same question with Razor of the Seventh Sun, Will I recovered my life from each of nearby enemies ?
What passive node should I take to increase attack speed and damage of unarmed attacks?
Doing the map we have shaper influence. Killing the boss of those map we get elder influence and next the elder and his guardian on the map. How mamy time we must kill him to have on the last map shaper + elder? I don't understand the mechanic :(
I have a few questions about Kalisa's Grace and timing.

Do I get the buff immediately before the triggering skill is used? If not, does it still affect the triggering skill?

If I start casting a spell that does not trigger Kalisa's Grace while I have the buff from it, but the buff runs out before the cast time is over, does the buff affect that usage?

Basically, I'm trying to get the following to happen, and am wondering if [time] has to be more than 2 seconds, or only has to be more than 1:

I have a skill that takes [time] to cast, and costs 400 mana. I hold down the button. Eventually, I get to a state where a particular cast has +2% critical strike chance, and the following cast does not. It alternates like this ad nauseam.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to test this...
Last edited by ZBrannigan on Apr 10, 2018, 5:35:38 AM
"
ZBrannigan wrote:
I have a few questions about Kalisa's Grace and timing.

Do I get the buff immediately before the triggering skill is used? If not, does it still affect the triggering skill?

If I start casting a spell that does not trigger Kalisa's Grace while I have the buff from it, but the buff runs out before the cast time is over, does the buff affect that usage?

I am not sure whether the effect is a Buff; although that is a technicality.

In either case, mana is spent (possibly triggering the effect) the moment you use a skill. All damage calculations are done when the skill Hits an enemy. I am fairly sure that even "instant" skills have some kind of technical delay between using the skill and it hitting stuff. Anything that fires any kind of projectiles will most definitely be affected.

Similarly, if the effect wears off after you use a skill but before it hits an enemy, you will not get the additional crit chance.
"
Question2 wrote:
If a shaper area is blocking an elder area from advancing, do i need to clear the shaper area manually so that elder can advance?

Technically, no, since both the Elder and Shaper influence can change when any map is completed, and they can replace each other.

Practically, the chances of that doing exactly what you want are low enough that you can't count on it.
"
m1n1x wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask a question about Champions "First to Strike, Last to fall" ascendency point. Do enemies get intimidated if my totem (ancestral protector) hits first?

No. Your totem doesn't count as you in this specific case.
How does increased effect of shock interact with the minimum shock from elementalist's Beacon of Ruin? Is it possible to get 50% shock from stacking increased effect, and if so how much do I need?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info