Mechanical Questions Thread

"
papare33 wrote:
How does increased effect of shock interact with the minimum shock from elementalist's Beacon of Ruin? Is it possible to get 50% shock from stacking increased effect, and if so how much do I need?

Yes it's possible, see https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/81b41p/ggg_question_about_elementalist_beacon_of_ruin/dv21bfa/

You would need 150% shock effect to get the max 50%.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Apr 10, 2018, 8:12:40 PM
Does the
(50-60)% increased Mana Cost of Skills for each 200 total Mana you have Spent Recently
(50-60)% increased Spell Damage for each 200 total Mana you have Spent Recently

from Indigon work with Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic?
"
nszeek wrote:
Does the
(50-60)% increased Mana Cost of Skills for each 200 total Mana you have Spent Recently
(50-60)% increased Spell Damage for each 200 total Mana you have Spent Recently

from Indigon work with Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic?

The mana cost from the first effect will increase for all skills, regardless of whether you are paying the mana cost with mana, life, or energy shield.

However to trigger both effects you need to spend actual mana.
Sorry, wall of text incoming.

So i completed all t1-t10 maps and nothing after them, i got 5 memory fragments. Then i vaal-ed my shaped t10 map(haunted mansion), and got a shaped t11 map(atoll). My atoll wasnt shaped on my atlas at this moment, but it had elder influence. I ran my shaped atoll map, and got the 6th memory fragment from it. Then i tried this method with multiple maps and i succesfully farmed up to 10 memory fragment without completing any red maps in the atlas.

Is this memory fragment farming method intentional?

After it i tried to use this method to farm the last 5 memory fragment. Elder spawned on a t10 map(bog). Bought multiple shaped bogs(also shaped maps for t8-9 guardians), to test the method, but i didnt get any memory fragment from the guardian/elder. Then i noticed, that the fighting area has -3 levels compared to shaped bog(-5 because of the original bog level and +2 because of the elder/guardian). Also opened the map with different character, to be able to test elder kill multiple times. Then i tried to shape my bog in the atlas, but it had the same result, same monster level in the fighting zone, no memory fragment.

My only explanation, that the elder/guardians level is locked right after they spawn, and nothing can change it. That's why this method is only working up to 10 memory fragments, because normal map bosses aren't in a different instance, so their area level is the same as the rest of the map.

Is this correct?

The only thing i didnt test is to spawn elder to a shaped map and then unshape it. i have to be super lucky to do this, so i didnt bother to do this.

So, is this whole situation intentional, where this method is working, but only up to 10 memory fragments?
How does the elementalist "Beacon of ruin" passive work? Lets say my attack does only 1 lightning damage, will it still shock a boss regardless of how much hp he has?
I have a problem with elder and shaper... how to reach elder or shaper?

"
Question2 wrote:
How does the elementalist "Beacon of ruin" passive work? Lets say my attack does only 1 lightning damage, will it still shock a boss regardless of how much hp he has?

As long as you have some chance to shock (critical strikes have a 100% chance to shock), that chance succeeds, and you don't have anything fundamentally preventing you from shocking (such as Elemental Focus support or The Three Dragons) - yes, a hit for 1 lightning damage will shock any target for 24% increased damage taken.

Note that this scales based on the damage taken by the enemy, not the damage you deal. If you deal exactly 1 lightning damage, and the target has a positive lightning resistance, it will take 0 lightning damage thanks to rounding. Thus no shock will be applied in this case.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 11, 2018, 5:15:03 PM
"Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them" from Yoke of Suffering - would this give 5% damage from the chilled ground of a Aquamarine Flask or would the chill in this case count as from a different source?
"
Kabushiki wrote:
"Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them" from Yoke of Suffering - would this give 5% damage from the chilled ground of a Aquamarine Flask or would the chill in this case count as from a different source?

Ailments inflicted by ground effects do not count as ailments "you inflict", even if you have created the ground effect.
Support said my issue is a mechanics issue, so they told me to post it here:

The quest 'The Memory Eater' is currently bugged for me. I have collected all of the memory fragments and have defeated Uber elder. I have got 5 max sextants as well. But I cannot get the league objective as one part of the quest is bugged. I tried talking to Zana in multiple areas and it did not remove it. Here is a screenshot of the quest:
https://gyazo.com/847bb1cc2a6b36e1c938fea6f3094b62
Here is a screenshot of the challenge not completed:
https://gyazo.com/160dc3b3a1160c0f86da9e2777f06fc4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info