Mechanical Questions Thread

What is the damage effectivness of Vaal Righteous Fire? (wiki has no information)
Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline - does that work with spells?
Scenario:
1) I have Heartbound Loop equipped, which deals 350 secondary physical damage to me on minion death.
2) I have The Goddess Scorned equipped, which has "100% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage"
Expected:
Since it's me who's doing the 350 damage (I wear the ring), that damage should be converted to Fire Damage.
Result:
My testing tells me that isn't the case, however my Cloak of Flame does convert the damage partially (as it converts taken damage). So it's not an issue with damage conversion, but rather source of damage.
Question:
Why isn't it me who deals the damage and WHO is it dealing the damage and could this possibly be patched (pretty please)?
"
Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline - does that work with spells?

Yes, that's why jewels with that affix alone go for 2ex+
"
willeke wrote:
What is the damage effectivness of Vaal Righteous Fire? (wiki has no information)

If there is no number given, assume it is 100%.

"

Yes, if a modifier doesn't specify the type of skill, it works with anything that Hits - attacks, spells, and otherwise. (Abyssal Cry being an example that isn't either.)

"
Scenario:
1) I have Heartbound Loop equipped, which deals 350 secondary physical damage to me on minion death.
2) I have The Goddess Scorned equipped, which has "100% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage"
Expected:
Since it's me who's doing the 350 damage (I wear the ring), that damage should be converted to Fire Damage.
Result:
My testing tells me that isn't the case, however my Cloak of Flame does convert the damage partially (as it converts taken damage). So it's not an issue with damage conversion, but rather source of damage.
Question:
Why isn't it me who deals the damage and WHO is it dealing the damage and could this possibly be patched (pretty please)?

No, damage coming from items is not damage that you deal, and is not affected by any of your damage modifiers. Otherwise, with any investment into physical damage, you would be taking much more than 350 damage. You also can't leech from it, trigger "when you hit" modifiers, or anything like that. It comes from the item (I guess), and there is no way to modify it.

Obviously modifiers to damage taken, such as Cloak of Flames or Ramako (Chieftain ascendancy) still work - it is still damage that you take.
"
Scenario:
Expected:

Convert physical damage and convert physical damage taken are different, the conversion damage from the sword work only with your hits
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Apr 14, 2018, 5:00:49 AM
So, I just acquired a Victario's Influcence with "Skill Gems in this item get a 95% Mana Multiplier" corrupt implicit, but it seems that it doesn't work on Auras;
is it becuse the 30% reduced mana reserved overide it or becuse it's bugged?

If my minions are the one shatter frozen enemies, will the %IIR applied on me?
I'm playing a Dancing Duo build, and manifest dancing dervish inherits the stats from the sword. Can it inherit a culling strike corruption?
I got in Labirynth seemingly cool "Edict of Thunder" mod for my gloves. It looked supacool for my lightning templair, because it must be amplified with my modifiers.

Unfortunately, this effect almost never triggered. While it has "triggered on kill" description, in practice I cleaned about six maps after, and gain the one and only trigger of it so far. Maybe it was wrong _trigger_ after all? :)

I rely on Lightning Tendrils, have Discipline aura and Herald of Thunder active all the time, also Lightning Golem with me. Can it interfere somehow?
Last edited by Smiling_Spectre on Apr 18, 2018, 12:53:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info