Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi,

do we have any confirmation that quality on items further improves chances of linking even above 20%?

This is very topical with the new veiled mods coming.
Is this a blessing for ssf, because you can craft additional quality, link and then scour the item to craft what you desire?
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
Last edited by Xeledon2132 on Nov 30, 2018, 2:25:44 AM
Do the same effects coming from 2 different sources stack?

I have the Juggernaut Ascendency: "Gain an endurance charge every second, if you were hit recently."
And the precursor's emblem, with the same "Gain an endurance charge every second, if you were hit recently" - do I get 2?
Can someone confirm if using essence of delirium on an equipment will add the corrupted affix to it? Tks
"
G0rr wrote:
Does new CoC gem has one spell per cast limit, or it casts all linked spells every 0.15 sec?

edit: It would be also great if you can give us more information about dependency of "server ticks" and actual theorycrafted minimal cooldown achievable with boots and belt mods (cooldown recovery).

There are various information found here on forum and Reddit, some saying having both boots and belt are overkill because of those "server ticks".

The interaction with server ticks has been thoroughly and reliably tested.
Here's a summary of a Baeclast episode, in which the 33ms tickrate was explicitly mentioned, if I remember correctly (even if not directly in relation to cooldowns, but again, there are empiric results for that). You would have to watch the relevant timeframe yourself if you want to double check it. It should be during the technical talks.

And here is my reddit thread on the matter, though you may have seen that already.

"
For Cast on Critical Strike, Cast on Melee Kill, Mjölner and Cospri's Malice, only one skill can be triggered per trigger event.

From the patch notes for 2.4.
Last edited by DER_PSYCHOPATH on Dec 1, 2018, 10:56:10 PM
^
Thanks for this, helps a lot!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Reduced Totem Damage and Damage Over Time

Does the reduced totem damage affect skills damage over time(DOT) portion of the skill or only the hit of the skill?

Example: Toxic Rain with Ranged Attack Totem(RAT), does the reduced damage from RAT affect Toxic Rain's DOT dps or only the initial hit?

Example 2: Poison caused by the skill I.E. Barrage, will it reduce the damage of the poison stacks?
Barrage and Cast on Critical Strike

My question is, how long is single barrage attack? Is it possible to trigger CoC twice (with new cooldown 0.15s) for example with first and last arrow? Do adding additional arrows increase "duration"?

From some very old post I read that each arrow from Barrage roll separate crit chance and thanks to that each theoretically (if not cooldown) each could trigger CoC, but I could not find more posts that would confirm it. Is that true?
"
stealth1621 wrote:
Reduced Totem Damage and Damage Over Time

Does the reduced totem damage affect skills damage over time(DOT) portion of the skill or only the hit of the skill?

Example: Toxic Rain with Ranged Attack Totem(RAT), does the reduced damage from RAT affect Toxic Rain's DOT dps or only the initial hit?

Example 2: Poison caused by the skill I.E. Barrage, will it reduce the damage of the poison stacks?

Ranged totem (and spell totem) have wording Less Damage so it do reduce damage of Poison, most likely new support gem multiple totem will also have Less Damage. it would have to have word "from Hits", "from Attacks", "from Bows", etc. to not affect Poison.

Barrage have Damage Effectiveness (like every attack skill) it also do affect Poison.
Hello kind support team,
im sorry to bother you with such a question but there still is no confirmation on this topic anywhere on the internet.

Me and a few friends want to create a private league for Betrayal with the mod that does disable magic and rare item drops.
Our question now is: Is there any way to obtain veiled mods in this kind of league?
Since we want it to be a crafting focused league, but if we can not find veiled items we lock ourself from lots of crafting opportunities.
So yea, can we get veiled mods in this kind of league or do we have to skip that mod?

Thanks in advance,
Moorhuhn/Luqas
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539
Last edited by incredibie on Dec 4, 2018, 3:25:30 PM
After the 3.5 patch, i would like to divine my simple legacy (not the 1st version, the 2d one) Reach of the council bow, as the patch notes says it wont change the number of additional arrows, wich in this case are 4 arrows... so if i divine it would stay with 4 additional arrows instead of greater volley mod AND the buff to physical dmg? please explain me how this works, thanks for your time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info