Mechanical Questions Thread

Salutations GGG,

I've written a post maybe on the wrong section https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255720

This post is about the Unlucky attribute and how the text changed somewhere during patch 3.2.0+, stated by Mark_GGG that the old text only affected damage numbers, but now I'm not sure.

Does the new Unlucky affect probabilistic defences e.g evasion, dodge, crit, etc...?

Many thanks and best regards,
Jacky
Hi,

Resolute technique works with Manifest Dancing Dervish ?

it can be corrupted on 2 handed swords and it seems like good investment if it works.

Thanks in advance,
Heary
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Some caveats:
1) If an attack would crit you, evasion is tested a second time, and if you evade, the hit is downgraded to a non-crit (it does not miss, since it's already tested for that and hit). This roll is purely random and does not increase the entropy value - it just generates a number from 1 to 100 and compares to the chance to hit.

sry for bad english, i am not native english speaker. but i truely want to figure it out, about crit and the second roll.

as you say, it just generates a number from 1 to 100 and compares to the chance to hit.

when i use a weapon with "hits cant be evaded" modifier or shied "Lycosidae", it makes my "chance to hit" 100% in the character sheet. therefore it doesnt matter whatever the second roll is and that is fine.

but what if "hits cant be evaded" is conditional? such as "Your Hits can't be Evaded by Blinded Enemies" on "effigon" or "Enemies Taunted by you cannot Evade Attacks" by "worthy foe".

the number generated randomly still compares to "the chance to hit" in the character sheet or
compares to 100% because under the circumstance "my hits cant be evaded".(assume that i make the condition available)

hopefully i could figure it out and appreciate it if someone make a reply at the earlies convenience.
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

I'd suggest watching this YouTube video.

oh, thanks to reply

I just learn english language and don't perceive english by ear
I "tryed" to understand this information visually but failed
For the present it's hard stuff for me

I need another kind of help :(

Check on the wiki, all is well explained
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stat

Example from a wiki
"
more vs increased
You have 1000 base damage and "100% increased damage" from gear and "100% increased damage" from passives. You can then choose between slotting either of two support gems:

Gem A gives "100% increased damage".

Gem B gives "100% more damage".

Calculation:

Gem A: gear+passive+gem = 300% increased, so 1000*(1+3.0) = 4000 damage.

Gem B: (gear+passive)*gem = 200% increased and 100% more, so 1000*(1+2.0)*(1+1.0) = 6000 dmg

"Reduced" is equivalent to "increased" (but getting smaller instead of larger); likewise "less" works in the equivalent way as "more".

I hope I helped
Does the new Cold Damage over Time Multiplier statistic apply to all sources of Damage over Time which inherits cold damage as a modifier, or does it only affect damage over time effects that explicitly deal cold damage?

For example, using Nuro's Harp alongside Scourge Arrow, which was a common build last league, to inflict Ignites that benefited from increases to both cold and fire damage from inherited modifiers.
How abot the Champions assendacy skill "Inspirational", you said this when u released war banner skills:

"The Champion's "Inspirational" skill has been changed, providing some unique benefits for Banners, INSTEAD of causing you and allies to deal increased damage. These include a heal effect on placing a banner and a removal of the Banner reservation cost.

And now when u released the patch notes there says like this:

"Inspirational" NOW ALSO causes your Banner skills to reserve no mana, recover 20% of planted Banner Stages when you cast a banner while you have a banner planted, and causes you and nearby allies to recover 0.5% of maximum life per Banner stage when you plant a banner. It also grants 15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills.

So do u still get that dmg aura and movement speed aura on that "Inspitational" assendanccy or not?
I was just wonder about the new Champion Node "Master of Metal". Will it stack with each other? For example, two Champions both with the node "Master of Metal". Would each player get the benefits twice?
While not immune to freeze, other selected monsters (like Argus) have a minimum action speed that they are set to if they would otherwise be frozen....what is it?
Previously before the patch notes for 3.5.0, I had a build that uses totems that give auras. With that being said, would the new change to hierophant (the one that summons 2 instead of 1) make it so it cast 2 of the same aura totem? If so, would there be a way i can cast only one of those or its impossible with the Ritual of Awakening node?
Hey guys, new player here, and I'm sure this has been asked a million times before (at least I feel like) but I didn't know what to search to find it. That said, why is it that you can't load two gem abilities that are from armor not weapons to the same spot but on either ability bar.

Hard to explain exactly what I mean so here: If I have Detonate Dead slotted in my buckskin tunic, and Lightning Warp slotted in my Deerskin boots, and I have two two handed sword weapon bars. Purely for example, let's say On the first weapon bar I put Detonate Dead as the first ability (left mouse), then I switch weapons and put Lightning Warp as the first ability on the second weapon bar. Now, when I switch back, the Detonate Dead is not there anymore. Is this a glitch I'm experiencing? Am I doing something wrong or is this an intentional mechanic that I'm not understanding, and definitely not understanding the purpose of said mechanic.

Once again, I'm really new. LOVING the game so far, and if that is a mechanic that's meant to be, I'll still be happy with the game, but to me I think I should be able to put any abilities anywhere on each bar as long as I can use them right? Sorry I'm confused...thanks guys!~!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info