Mechanical Questions Thread

Questions on new Bladestorm skill

From what I understand the individual hits from the storms will proc impales, ramping them up per storm. My question is do the individual hits have separate crit chances or bleed chances? Or is that determined by the initial swing or is it only the initial swing that procs them at all?
Hi, does anyone know what's the base unit radius of NEARBY on the new flesh and stone aura? And if I use a skill (like cyclone) to maim an enemy BEFORE the flesh and stone aura maim it, will the flesh and stone skill still be able to maim the enemy to make it take increased damage? Or will this maim from my other skill (like cyclone linked with maim support gem) prevent the enemy from affected by the flesh and stone (blood stance) until this maim from my other skill ends?
Last edited by elixercc on Jun 18, 2019, 3:12:56 PM
Hi,

I have a question about Cast on Critial Strike and Multistrike support. I am just not sure how to understand it.

"Critical strike hits are rolled once for all three strikes. Effects that trigger on an outgoing melee critical strike will only trigger once per activation of the attack, even though all three strikes will crit."

So if i have

Attack Skill - COC - Spell - Multistrike

Does it mean that it is totally useless to add multistrike in there to have more spell casts? As far as i understood i could go up to 6 APS to have the most spells possible but if i use multistrike to achieve that speed it is not helping at all?

Kind Regards,

Fips
www.twitch.tv/marloss_live
Hi,
Why isn't my character leeching life and mana when im using a warlord's mark on hit ring? I'm currently using tectonic slam.
I am currently using an arc witch build by enki, and I have lightning warp linked with swift affliction less duration and faster casting, but it is not instant. When I watch videos of the same people doing the same build, it is instant. Also on other forums people say that all you need is those three to make it instant. Why??
I got a question.
If I cast ED after Contagion on an enemy that also happens to be cursed by Despair does that mean that when ED spreads it will deal same damage to all other enemies as well that arent cursed with Despair? Or every enemy affected by the spread will have different damage instances based on their own resists?
Last edited by PaslijusNX on Jun 19, 2019, 8:48:35 AM
TL;DR : Is there any way to gain player's life via Spell totem hits + LGOH ?

Hi, I`m a user from Korea (and my account has been trasferred to kakao server, so I had to make new account to post a thread)
and dropped by to ask a single, simple question.

In Korean community, I had some argue with a user who posted a Ice spear totem hierophant build guide for newbie, and he(author of the guide) argues that

: It is possible to gain "Player's" life with "spell totems hits" when using LGOH vitality watcher's eye

And he strongly recommended to use vitality LGOH watcher's eye in his guide.

As far as I know it was definitely wrong information, so I told him to fix the guide to prevent newbies from spending pointless currency.

But the author keeps yelling that "Without official answer from GGG, I cannot admit that I`m wrong" and refusing to correct his build guide.

FYI : this is pob link from his guide https://pastebin.com/PBFqayN8

thanks
Hi!

I'm curretly thinking a lot about Spectral Shield Throw but I have some questions, that currently could not be aswered by reddit/wiki. So, if you have confirmation on some of my open theorycrafting points, I would appreciate some help!

Attack Speed

First thing: SST is an attack, but it doesn't use weapon-scaling. Therefore, it doesn't matter, if my MH-Weapon has 1 or 3 ApS. But what about AS on tree/Jewels/Gloves/Jewelry/Buffs like Onslaught? Should work, right?

Chaining and Forking

I read the reddit Post and the wiki regarding SST. I know, that Forking and Chaining only works on the "Mainprojectile" aka the Shield.
My question is: What if I combine them?

Will the Shield Fork into two on the First enemy hit and than both chain for the amount of +X chains I have?

My idea is to go Deadeye, use Divide and Conquer, Gloomfang and Touch of Anguish / Eward'S Mirage (for an ele conversion Variant) for a total of +7 chains without the Chain Support skill (with Chain support, I could even go +9)
Does this mean my Shield would behave like that (with Fork Support and the 7 chains):

X = Target
- = Shieldpath

. -- X1 -- X2 -- X3 -- X4 -- X5 -- X6 -- X7 -- X8
-- X
-- X1 -- X2 -- X3 -- X4 -- X5 -- X6 -- X7 -- X8

So after Forking it chains 7 times each and hits a total of 17 Targets?
Meaning the last Target (X8) would gain 7x 15-20% damage from Gloomfag and the first Target after Forking (X1) would get 70% MORE Damage from Ricochet (Deadeye Ascedancie)?
In addition to that, the Jewel triggers 25% Shards on every Chain. So does this mean I would generate 3 Shards (on a Level 20 Gem) on Targets X1 to X7 for a total of 14*3 = 42 Shards?

Flat Damage Scaling

I know that weapon, melee and all weapontype-specific damage does nothing for SST (like increased damage with daggers).
But what about flat scaling?
Do Steel Rings apply their flat phys to SST?
The Tooltip has no "added damage affectiveness". Does this mean it's 100%?

Bleed Damage

Going for "Crimson Dance" and "Bloodletting" on a pure Phys build should just work fine, because it's not tied to Weapons, just Attacks, right?

Damage Conversion

If I want to do ele conversion shenenigans, I can just pick up Nodes like "Winter Spirit" right?
"Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" should also work just fine, correct?
What about "Gain X Physical as Extra Y"? Shaper-Statstick should work just fine, because it's global, not local, correct?

That's about it for now. If you can help me with this, I would be really thankful!
I'm currently not really sure if I just should give it a go and try it, because on Paper the potential for espacially clearing seems super strong.

Cheers

"
I am currently using an arc witch build by enki, and I have lightning warp linked with swift affliction less duration and faster casting, but it is not instant. When I watch videos of the same people doing the same build, it is instant. Also on other forums people say that all you need is those three to make it instant. Why??
Lightning Warp isn't an "instant" skill in the official sense of the term. The time it takes to teleport is based on the time it would take your character to walk to the destination, modified by skill effect duration modifiers. The players in the videos you watch probably have lots of increased movement speed, so Lightning Warp would work much faster for them.
"
PaslijusNX wrote:
I got a question.
If I cast ED after Contagion on an enemy that also happens to be cursed by Despair does that mean that when ED spreads it will deal same damage to all other enemies as well that arent cursed with Despair? Or every enemy affected by the spread will have different damage instances based on their own resists?
Contagion doesn't spread Despair. Each enemy will take damage according to their own stats, not the stats of the enemy they caught the Contagion from.
"
madhead42 wrote:
TL;DR : Is there any way to gain player's life via Spell totem hits + LGOH ?

Hi, I`m a user from Korea (and my account has been trasferred to kakao server, so I had to make new account to post a thread)
and dropped by to ask a single, simple question.

In Korean community, I had some argue with a user who posted a Ice spear totem hierophant build guide for newbie, and he(author of the guide) argues that

: It is possible to gain "Player's" life with "spell totems hits" when using LGOH vitality watcher's eye

And he strongly recommended to use vitality LGOH watcher's eye in his guide.

As far as I know it was definitely wrong information, so I told him to fix the guide to prevent newbies from spending pointless currency.

But the author keeps yelling that "Without official answer from GGG, I cannot admit that I`m wrong" and refusing to correct his build guide.

FYI : this is pob link from his guide https://pastebin.com/PBFqayN8

thanks
You are right and the guide is wrong. Life/mana leech or gain on hit/kill goes to the entity that deals the damage, so the totems would gain the life, not you. Also, there's something kind of precious about a "newbie" guide including Atziri's Reflection, the most expensive armor in the game after Farrul's Fur. Did he at least suggest 2x Kikazaru as a budget alternative? Just replace that shield with Trolltimber Spire (totems leech to you as life) and equip the Kikazarus, and the build would work just fine, no Vitality or Watcher's Eye required.

If the guide author still won't budge, this is easy enough to prove yourself. Link up Siege Ballista - Life Gain on Hit Support. Go to some low level area, cast Righteous Fire to lose most of your Life, drop a totem and watch the result. Put it up on YouTube and shame that guy into the ground.
"
BrainKnight wrote:
Hi,
Why isn't my character leeching life and mana when im using a warlord's mark on hit ring? I'm currently using tectonic slam.
You won't leech from anything you kill in one hit, because the curse isn't applied until after the hit. Other than that, I can't think of anything offhand. You'll probably need to post your passive tree and gear and skill setup for us to get to the bottom of this.
Last edited by ekaye on Jun 19, 2019, 12:12:13 PM
Hi, there are two mods I'm interested in:

1. Pathfinder Ascendancy's 40 % chance to deal double damage while flasked.

2. Corroded fossil grants 60% chance for poison inflicted by this weapon to deal double damage.

Do they stack multiplicatively to each other?

Is the total chance capped at 100%?

Is it possible to double the double damage if both trigger?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info