Mechanical Questions Thread

Dear. Mark. & GGG team.

I want to know about this option.

>> Deal no Elemental Damage <<
this option in "Starforge Infernal Sword"

If I wear Starforge, can't I use the option of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage?

There is no information in wiki.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starforge

I'm currently using a build that sets the Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage 100%.
Can I use Starforge?

I hope you will answer this question.

yours faithfully.
Hi there,

I have a little question about the "Master of Metal" node from the Champion.

There is the line worded like "You and nearby allies deal 6 to 12 added Physical Damage for each impale on enemy", does that apply to spell as well ?

If I attack, say with cyclone, and impale ennemies, would summoned phantasms get the bonus added damage with their spells ?

Thanks.
"
12naruto wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to create a meme build, and I'm trying to understand some mechanics involving it. Do Shimmeron, Omeyocan, and the Ascetic keystone all count as "damage over time", so Soul of Arakaali would reduce the damage taken from it? If reduced damage over time affects the Ascetic, does it also restore less health since less mana is being reduced? Does increased recovery rate of life affect how much life is obtained from the Ascetic?
Shimmeron yes, Omeyocan no. The latter makes you lose Mana, which isn't the same as losing Life (and I suspect losing Life isn't the same as taking Damage over Time either). The Ascetic is an amulet, but if you mean The Agnostic, that sacrifices Mana to recover Life, which again isn't the same as taking Damage over Time. Modifiers to Life Recovery should affect Life gain from The Agnostic.
"
sasueki wrote:
Dear. Mark. & GGG team.

I want to know about this option.

>> Deal no Elemental Damage <<
this option in "Starforge Infernal Sword"

If I wear Starforge, can't I use the option of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage?

There is no information in wiki.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starforge

I'm currently using a build that sets the Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage 100%.
Can I use Starforge?

I hope you will answer this question.

yours faithfully.
Starforge prevents you from dealing Elemental damage. If you convert your Physical damage to Cold damage, you deal less damage because Starforge prevents you from dealing it. However, you can then convert that Cold damage to Chaos damage, since Starforge doesn't prevent Chaos damage, and it only wipes out Elemental damage after all conversion is done. You may want to look into Voidforge instead, which works just fine with Physical-to-Elemental conversion (again, since the Physical damage isn't erased until after conversion).
"
Plopinou wrote:
Hi there,

I have a little question about the "Master of Metal" node from the Champion.

There is the line worded like "You and nearby allies deal 6 to 12 added Physical Damage for each impale on enemy", does that apply to spell as well ?

If I attack, say with cyclone, and impale ennemies, would summoned phantasms get the bonus added damage with their spells ?

Thanks.
The node doesn't specify "with Attacks", so yes, the added damage would work with spell hits as well.
Does skill queue work with triggered skills ? Such as skills being triggered by coc or mjolner/cospri´s ?
HI, dear GGG.

I use the Corruption Chamber for Umbilicus Immortalis in the Standards Alliance.

Already fifteen times, Umbilicus Immortalis has only three results.

1 No change.
2 Rare (general items).
3 Destroy.

This made me question the chances of the Corruption Chamber and questioned the chances of the 3.7 version of the belt appearing on the Corruption Chamber.

Please tell me the official answer after the actual test, let me know if I am not lucky enough?

Thank you.

---------

HI,親愛的GGG。

我在標準聯盟對Umbilicus Immortalis使用Corruption Chamber。

已經有十五次,的Umbilicus Immortalis只有三種結果。

1 不變。
2 稀有(一般物品)。
3 摧毀。

這讓我對Corruption Chamber的機率產生疑問,對3.7版本腰帶在Corruption Chamber上出現雙詞墜的機率產生質疑。

請告訴我官方的實際測試實驗後的回答,讓我知道是否純粹我運氣不好?

謝謝
Hi,

I have a Headman's Sword with:

17% attack speed and
20% attack speed if you've killed recently

will the 20% apply to the weapon's base attack speed in the same way as the 17%? In other words, If I have killed recently, does the weapon behave as if it had one 37% increased attack speed mod?

killing a monster does not seem to increase the base attacks per second number in the item tooltip at least so probably not?
Can anyone please tell me if +Damage Over Time with Bow Skills modifiers from nodes effect ignite damage if the ignite was inflicted by a bow skill?

Or does it only apply to the effects of skills like Caustic Arrow, Puncture, Toxic Rain, etc...?
Trying to run tier 7 spider forest map.

I have erased all other tier 7 maps.
I have erased all tier 8 maps.
I have shaped toxic sewer map to lvl 13.
I have 107/159 maps completion so i get +1 on lower lvl maps.

Problems are : Atlas keeps dropping me tier 8 maps that are far away and atlas keeps dropping MANY tier 5 and 6 maps. Cant sustain spider forest.

What am i doing wrong ?
Last edited by Silent13 on Jun 28, 2019, 10:13:21 AM
"
Magebanana wrote:
Hi,

I have a Headman's Sword with:

17% attack speed and
20% attack speed if you've killed recently

will the 20% apply to the weapon's base attack speed in the same way as the 17%? In other words, If I have killed recently, does the weapon behave as if it had one 37% increased attack speed mod?

killing a monster does not seem to increase the base attacks per second number in the item tooltip at least so probably not?
According to The Twilight Strand, conditional modifiers are global unless they specifically state otherwise, so that mod is probably global, meaning it acts like e.g. IAS on your gloves.
"
Øutplayed wrote:
Can anyone please tell me if +Damage Over Time with Bow Skills modifiers from nodes effect ignite damage if the ignite was inflicted by a bow skill?

Or does it only apply to the effects of skills like Caustic Arrow, Puncture, Toxic Rain, etc...?
Yes, it applies to all Damage over Time applied by a Bow skill. It's the same convention that Elemental Damage with Attacks applies to Ignites caused by attacks, not just literal Attack Damage.
"
Silent13 wrote:

Problems are : Atlas keeps dropping me tier 8 maps that are far away and atlas keeps dropping MANY tier 5 and 6 maps. Cant sustain spider forest.

What am i doing wrong ?
I'm not an authority on Atlas shaping, but attaching a screenshot of your Atlas could be helpful here.
Last edited by ekaye on Jun 28, 2019, 1:02:40 PM
"
Silent13 wrote:

What am i doing wrong ?
I'm not an authority on Atlas shaping, but attaching a screenshot of your Atlas could be helpful here.[/quote]

https://imgur.com/a/5S7fsSf

The link of the image
Last edited by Silent13 on Jun 28, 2019, 3:24:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info