Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Shafirion wrote:
Since I didn't play blight and couldn't find something on this at first glance: If I anoint an amulet is this permanent or can I overwrite with another anointment later?

Anyone? I don't want to anoint my most expensive peace of gear and later find myself unable to change it.
"
requin3d wrote:
Hi,

The mod "+1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems" (from Hunter influence) seems to buff only active skill gems and not support skill gems.
Is it a bug or a typo or an I missing something?

I really want that +1 Enlighten.

I wanna know if it will happen for Awakaned Added Fire, Lightning and Cold also, cos added chaos doesnt boost auras, but the description is a little different...

Awakened added (any elemental) : +(0-1) to Level of Supported (any element) Skill Gems

Awakened added chaos: +(0-1) to Level of Supported Active Skill Gems

By the description i think that awakened added, cold and fire could boost auras. or im wrong???
Question about items like Indigon & Manastorm in regards to mines.

If I drop mines, then spend all my mana by means of indigon or manastorm , and then detonate those mines. Do the mines gain the benefit of spell damage AFTER they have been placed , but before detonated? Or are the already placed mines unaffected by the spell damage bonus

"
Shafirion wrote:
Since I didn't play blight and couldn't find something on this at first glance: If I anoint an amulet is this permanent or can I overwrite with another anointment later?

You can overwrite it.

My own question:
How does the game determine area level of Syndicate safehouses and Mastermind fight?
I've heard it's just the highest area level where you had any Syndicate encounter. If that's correct, and I have a Mastermind fight ready (full intelligence), can I run an encounter in a T16 map before opening the Mastermind fight to guarantee a lvl83 Mastermind?
"
loadinggood wrote:
Am i understanding right "Added a new stat: -X% to Total Physical Damage Reduction from your Hits" doesn't work with totems?
It does apply to your Totems. Totems use your skills and your modifiers, so the modifier to your damage will apply to damage dealt by your totem.
"
requin3d wrote:
Hi,

The mod "+1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems" (from Hunter influence) seems to buff only active skill gems and not support skill gems.
Is it a bug or a typo or an I missing something?

I really want that +1 Enlighten.
Support Gems are not Skill Gems.
"
squint9317 wrote:
Hi,

Blink Arrow is a minion using the player's bow and quiver
If so, does the quiver's point blank option also apply to minion?

Lightning Damage from Enemies Hitting you is Lucky
30% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage
When using the above two options
Does luck apply to physical damage I take?
1. Yes, if the quiver has Point Blank, it will apply to the Blink/Mirror arrow clones using it.
2. I can't say for sure, but I have to imagine that the damage is rolled during the "damage dealt" phase, and taking one damage type as another occurs during the "damage taken" phase, at which point it's too late to reroll the damage. I'm not certain about this though.
"
Question about items like Indigon & Manastorm in regards to mines.

If I drop mines, then spend all my mana by means of indigon or manastorm , and then detonate those mines. Do the mines gain the benefit of spell damage AFTER they have been placed , but before detonated? Or are the already placed mines unaffected by the spell damage bonus

The damage is rolled when the mine is detonated, not when it's placed.
"
ekaye wrote:
Support Gems are not Skill Gems.

The wiki talks about support skill gems. Is it wrong?
Also that would mean that "active skill gems" and "skill gems" are the exact same? Why use the term "active" then?

According to the wiki:
"Support Skill Gems, more commonly referred to as support gems or just supports are an item class used to augment active skill gems."
poedb also says the class is "Support Skill Gems"
Hello. I don't know where to ask this so I'm going to ask here.

What is Shaper's or any other boss Ailment Threshold?

Need this to get the feeling of shocks/chills we can inflict on end game stuff. Thanks.
Can my spectres apply two curses at the same time if I have a guardian with windscream boots or do I have to have +1 myself?
Does shock work for burning damage?
also, does "Sign of Purpose" on Hierophant (Enemies take 10% increased damage for each of your brands attached to them) work for burning too?

Scenario is: the enemy is attached with 2 brands (supposed to be 20% inc dmg taken) and shocked by shock ground (15% inc dmg taken), does this enemy take 35% inc dmg with my righteous fire?
at first I wish you all a happy new year!

Excuse my stupidity... I don't understand why I get low level mobs in maps only although I am using watchstones. For example if I do a T1 map with 2 Stones socketed it should become T8 = Level 75 Mobs, right? Still I got Level 68 only...
what am I doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info