Mechanical Questions Thread

Skills that hit with both hands (Like EQ or dual strike) and how they work while dual wielding with "Outmatch and Outlast". I've checked a few forum threads from a few years ago that say it just counts as MH hits, is that still the case?
Hello! I was wondering if Tailwind affects the projectile frequency of Winter Orb, I know it affects the cast-rate but it doesnt seem to affect the projectile frequency
I think i found a bug. I killed sirus and he dropped a unique watcher stone which can be used 22 times. So i put the stone instead of blue one. But conqueror only came out twice during 22 times. then unique watcher stone disappeared. To meet the conqueror, need 4 stones in that area. But I cant put the blue one in that place where the unique stone was. Because when map area is colored, stone place disappear. So now, there is only 3 stones in conqueror's area. I cant change anything and proceed endgame. please answer to this (Im not good at English sry)
"
z4ktan wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a question about the new ailment system. It was stated in the 3.9 patch notes that the new magnitude for shock and chill are now calculated based on this formula: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold]^0.4. But they didn't say anything about what is the value of that threshold for important bosses like Shaper, Elder, the new Atlas bosses. I would like to know, if anyone here found it perhaps by datamining, what are those numbers for those bosses. Would be nice if Mark stepped in with the information.

Thanks in advance!

From here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983

"
In addition to these changes, we've changed non-damaging ailments to care about an Ailment Threshold when applying an effect, instead of the target's maximum life. For many monsters, the Ailment Threshold and the monster's life will be the same, but very high health targets like map bosses and end-game bosses will now have a significantly lower Ailment Threshold than they do life. This should make shocking or chilling the Shaper much easier, as you'll be applying the effect as if they had approximately half the life they have now.

I would also like to know if that means shaper, which had ~18 000 000 life before, would have an ailment threshold of ~9 000 000 (half of 18m) or ~32 000 000 (half of buffed ~64 000 000 shaper life)
Am i understanding right "Added a new stat: -X% to Total Physical Damage Reduction from your Hits" doesn't work with totems?
Since I didn't play blight and couldn't find something on this at first glance: If I anoint an amulet is this permanent or can I overwrite with another anointment later?
"
Stainfree wrote:
"
z4ktan wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a question about the new ailment system. It was stated in the 3.9 patch notes that the new magnitude for shock and chill are now calculated based on this formula: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold]^0.4. But they didn't say anything about what is the value of that threshold for important bosses like Shaper, Elder, the new Atlas bosses. I would like to know, if anyone here found it perhaps by datamining, what are those numbers for those bosses. Would be nice if Mark stepped in with the information.

Thanks in advance!

From here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983

"
In addition to these changes, we've changed non-damaging ailments to care about an Ailment Threshold when applying an effect, instead of the target's maximum life. For many monsters, the Ailment Threshold and the monster's life will be the same, but very high health targets like map bosses and end-game bosses will now have a significantly lower Ailment Threshold than they do life. This should make shocking or chilling the Shaper much easier, as you'll be applying the effect as if they had approximately half the life they have now.

I would also like to know if that means shaper, which had ~18 000 000 life before, would have an ailment threshold of ~9 000 000 (half of 18m) or ~32 000 000 (half of buffed ~64 000 000 shaper life)

Yea, i'm looking for the specific numbers for all the relevant bosses (shaper, elder, if any different from their main encounters, uber elder and uber elder's shaper and the new boss, the awakener)
Question about Conquerors (I got all 32 stones):
1. Can I play 1 same map over and over to spawn influence in that region?
2. Can I play 1 same map I used to spawn influence to find Conqueror fortress first time.
3. Can I play same map I used to find first fortress to find second??
Hi,

The mod "+1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems" (from Hunter influence) seems to buff only active skill gems and not support skill gems.
Is it a bug or a typo or an I missing something?

I really want that +1 Enlighten.
Hi,

Blink Arrow is a minion using the player's bow and quiver
If so, does the quiver's point blank option also apply to minion?

Lightning Damage from Enemies Hitting you is Lucky
30% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage
When using the above two options
Does luck apply to physical damage I take?
Last edited by squint9317 on Dec 28, 2019, 5:30:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info