Mechanical Questions Thread

"
sipress wrote:
Damage conversions interaction with Curses and Debuffs
The short answer is that A damage converted to B (e.g. physical to fire) benefits from modifiers to A and B on the damage dealt side, but only modifiers to B on the damage taken side. So Vulnerability (increased physical damage taken) won't help, nor will Punishment's debuff on the enemy, but the Punisher buff (more melee physical damage dealt) will work just fine. Furthermore, only physical damage can apply bleeding, so if you convert all your physical damage to fire, you can't apply bleed.

Impale damage is based on the final physical damage dealt, so physical damage converted to non-physical can't contribute to Impale.
"
Isshouji wrote:
3. Does Herald of Ash can Ignite an enemy? Does Oni-Goroshi's "Her Embrace" buff can triggered using Herald of Ash? How often it can be triggered this way?
HoA's burning debuff is not an Ignite (it used to be, but not anymore).
"
GETTOto2 wrote:
Does Shattering Steel exploit fork to shotgun enemies with the newly forked projectiles?

if yes then would reducing the fork angle through the passive tree contribute to the effect?
if no then would the same passive make the forked projectiles to shotgun instead of going out?
Forked projectiles can't impact the enemy they forked from. If the enemy they hit is close enough to the original enemy, though, it's possible for both of them to be caught in the blast.
"
Cchris07 wrote:

i found this juicy axe and plan to multimod it to finish it then make a nice build, a question comes to mind...

if i 100% phys to fire convert, do i still benefit from that 30% phys as extra fire. or will it make it redundant ?
You can still benefit from it. Damage converted from one type to another is still available to be gained as another type, so even with 100% conversion, you can still get the benefit of gained fire damage.
"

I want to use Abhorrent Interrogation gloves with my Scourge Arrow.
Main skill setup: Scourge Arrow + flat cold + physical to cold(from tree).

I see, that my Storm Brand procs Wither on enemies (due to the property from gloves).

So, my question is: would my Scourge Arrow(elemental part) receive a bonus from gloves(enemies take inc ele damage) if wither was applied by my Storm Brand?

People are saying, that brand/totem hit is not "my" and Wither from that source won't work with the gloves.
Could you please clarify it for me?

Thanks
Totem hits are not yours, but brands are. So Wither applied by your brands will apply increased elemental damage taken. Wither applied by totems will not, but it will still apply the normal increased chaos damage taken.
overwhelm physical damage reduction option question

at first i'm writing this with the help of a translator
so even if the sentence is wrong, please don't think it's too weird

my question is overwhelm, does it apply differently to your own hit and impale?
recently updated POB I've found out while using it
It was applied individually to hit and impale on POB

impale-support has "Impale Damage dealt to Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills Overwhelms 30% Physical Damage Reduction" which means apply 30% overwhelm only impale damage, not with your own hit

so if i have 20% overwhelm by myself and using impale-support,I thought it would 20% with my own hit and 50% with impale damage, but It was not in the POB
it just 20% overwhelm on your hit and 30% overwhelm with impale damage,its separated

here is point
I wonder if my own overwhelm reduction(like awakened brutality support) can affect my impale damage?

Please help me, people who knew better
Last edited by 오스트리치컴온 on Jul 21, 2020, 12:33:25 AM
The Corruption node has the mod "20% increased effect of Withered". Some of the nodes in the cluster also have "Withered you Inflict expires 10% slower".

What I want to know is if either of these mods affect the Withered that is applied by minions, such as Skeletons when affected by Withering Touch Support and/or the Skeletal Atrophy cluster jewel node.

Thanks in advance.
same name in-game
Zealot's Oath questions

How does Zealot's Oath work when at full health? Do I get the energy shield regen or does my health have to be below full before I get regen?

When I have Zealot's Oath, is my life regen just added to my energy shield recharge per second, and so I still only recharge energy shield when haven't taken damage for a few seconds? Or would it be on it's own, supplying regen per second constantly?

Also, How does it interact with Chaoes Innoculation. Thanks!
Last edited by Stebobibo on Jul 23, 2020, 1:57:05 AM
I have not checked this thread in a while, but I will try to answer all unanswered questions that I can since my last visit.

1-10
Spoiler
"
Patabixi wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about self cursing. So now that we know that stealing a "Hexproof" mod from a rare through HH or inspired learning will remove the curses on the player, I was curious about the interaction with Cospri's Will and that new mechanic, cause the item describtion states that you can apply curses to "Hexproof" enemies. Does that work on the player if he reflects the curses he applys or does it only work on enemies?

Yes.

"
a_k_a wrote:
+2% to critical strike chance against enemies on consecrated ground from Bottled Faith. Does this work for my minions?

Only if the flask applies to your minions, such as with Mother's Embrace or Umbilicus Immortalis.

"
elmasone wrote:
I am trying to understand what the new stat "Reduced Effect of non-Damaging Ailments" does for Freeze. Does it do anything at all to freeze?
"
Dennispoe wrote:
I have a question about reduced effect of non-damaging ailments on you(me).

Why do I still get frozen with 115%, but chill for sure does not work, neither my movement speed or attack speed change. But i can not move when opening a freeze box.

I have
25% boots
25% gloves(50)
25% flexible sentry(75)
15% Annointed Flesh(90)
5% below that(95)
20% Ash, Frost and Storm(115)

Total of 115%

Freeze does not have a gradual effect. You are either frozen or not frozen, so increased or reduced effect does nothing for or against freeze.

"
Magebanana wrote:
If I'm using the Dancing Duo, and my weapon slots are currently disabled because of it, will Rallying Cry give a damage bonus to minions that is based on my unarmed damage or the weapon damage?

Also completely unrelated: Can I use a conqueror exalted orb to add influence to an item that is FRACTURED? Asking for a friend...

My understanding is that it uses the damage of the item, not your stats, so since you have no equipped item, there will not be any bonus damage.

Fractured items cannot be influenced.

"
maki22 wrote:
Hello i get my first citadel and in the 4 watchstone tells me "conqueror cannot spawn" thats mean that i cant get the watchstones? https://imgur.com/op02zqW

Check the state of your quest. The first set of conquerors spawns in the corner regions of the atlas. After that, they can spawn anywhere with sufficient watchstones.

"
Truppensturm wrote:
I have a jewel that adds flat 'lightning damange to wand attacks' and 'cold damage to wand attacks'

I use spellslinger. Does this damage from the jewel get added to the spellslinger damage? I'm a little bit confused as to how spellslinger works in this regard.

In the skill description it says 'Supported Skills have Added Spell Damage equal to (50-100)% of Damage of Equipped Wand'

So I guess this jewel counts for spellslinger?

It does not apply. The only damage that applies to spells supported by Spellslinger is the damage of the wand itself as an item. Basically only what is written at the top of the item tooltip, regardless of your own global stats that would provide benefits to attack damage.

"
Mo_bius wrote:
Hi GGG, is it possible to apply delirium instance to our harvest grove? If yes, How?

In case you have not figured it out yet, you can either open a delirium mirror and enter the grove through the portal next to the seed cache in that map, or use delirium orbs on a map that will apply that amount of delirium to the entire map including the grove.

"
Ningishzida wrote:
Hello,

I have a question that's been posted but not answered here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2809894/page/1#p23035056

If you have
- lightning to cold conversion
- lightning damage is lucky
- base damage is lightning

(for example use Arc, with Call of the Brotherood equipped, and supercharged notable)
Does that mean you roll the base lightning damage twice and then converts it to cold, or convert to cold first and only roll twice all the remaining damage that is of lightning type ?

Thanks

Damage is converted before it is rolled, so lightning damage that is converted to cold damage is no longer lightning damage, so it is not lucky. The remaining part that is lightning damage (4% of the original lightning damage assuming two Call of the Brotherhoods with 20% quality) is lucky.

"
Ashkatar wrote:
Hey @Mark_GGG, does the cluster jewel node "primordial bond" stack?

There is no reason why it would not stack.
11-20
Spoiler
"
jimdawg57 wrote:
Hello,

The war bringer berzerker ascendancy node states:

"Exerted Attacks deal 50% more damage if a warcry sacrificed rage recently"

Does this damage bonus count towards bleed, ignite, and poison if applied by attacks?

Yes. It specifies that attacks deal more damage, not that you deal more attack damage. Attack damage is limited to hits, but this wording is not.

"
이민규 wrote:
Abhorrent Interrogation / if i use this item, can i apply minus resist curse(elemental weakness etc) and minus resist nearby monster(helmet option) and wave of conduction’s debuff effect?? to monster.
and sorry for my not well english..

Yes. Enemy resistances can still be modified, just not penetrated or ignored. Curses, exposure, and similar effects will still apply.

"
Drunknbgfoot wrote:
I have a question about Doryani's Prototype chest.

I am wondering if the "Nearby Enemies have Lightning Resistance equal to yours" works with curses like Conductivity when applied to enemies. What I mean is, does the lightning resist get set to equal yours, then the curse is applied to lower it further. Or does it overwrite the curse, and does this also apply when the curse is also an aura?

Also how does exposure work with the chest?

Thanks

You will not be able to modify the resistance of enemies by cursing them or applying exposure to them, but you will be able to modify their resistance by cursing yourself, such as with Shackles of the Wretched.

"
hius wrote:
The patchnote for the Envy aura change reads "Now grants 75% More Added Chaos Damage to Attacks and Spells", which to me sounds like 75% more chaos damage effectiveness. Got an Envy amulet today and that doesn't seem like the case. Is the buff just 75% more on Envy itself?

The damage from Envy is 75% more than what it was before. Nothing else.

"
Festerpad wrote:
I'm curious about the link interaction between Impale Support - Raise Zombies - Summon Phantasm Support.

I understand that Phantasms won't be able to inflict Impale from that support because they cast and don't attack. However, from what I can tell from the Wiki page on Impale, it appears that any subsequent "hits" deal damage equal to 10% of the recorded Impale attack from the Zombies(up to five times by default). Does the hit that results from the Phantasm's physical cast inflict this 10% additional damage equal to what the Zombies Impale was recorded for?

Hits from Phantasms will consume the hits of the impales from your Zombies, but they will not apply any of their own, which means they might cause the damage from Zombies to be applied faster, but will not actually increase the total damage dealt.

"
Karybdus wrote:
Septic Spells gives 20% chance to Poison on Hit with Spell Damage. Can I just equip one septic spell jewel and add chance to poison and get spells to poison more often or do I need to stack septic notables to increase that number?

Thank you for your response.

If you scale poison damage, you want to have a 100% chance to poison with whatever skill you use to apply it. It does not matter where you get that chance. Unless the mod specifically only applies to attacks, it should apply to spells.

"
PolleDKK wrote:
Hello,

How does the ascendancy talent "Blood In The Eyes" and the cluster jewel passive "Compound Injury" work together when I have well over 100% chance to bleed?

Does it require, 1, 2 or 3 hits, to eventuelly get the +50% damage from CI?

1. Hit -> applies bleed, maim and adds +50% bleed damage?

or

1. Hit -> applies bleed and maims, but does not benefit from CI as the enemy was not bleeding and thus was not maimed
2. Hit -> enemy is bleeding and is maimed, now I get +50% bleed damage

Or

1. Hit -> causes bleeding
2. Hit -> maims
3. Hit -> applies +50% bleed damage

It should be the second option, unless you have another source of maim like Flesh and Stone.

"
Wroth wrote:
Hello,

Had a question about conflicting wording: The Divine Flesh keystone says "All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield", while the Emperor's Vigilance shield says "Damage from Blocked Hits cannot bypass Energy Shield" and allocates Glancing Blows so all blocked hits will deal damage.

If you have both the shield and the keystone, which interaction takes priority when hit? Thank you!

My understanding is that the "cannot" modifier is stronger than the "all" one, but I have no proof of this.

"
Rychu__ wrote:
Hi, I'm playing only standard. Today I found very good helmet on poe.trade with this enchant: "40% increased Tectonic Slam Damage" I believe this is what it looked like before 3.11. (currently enchant is: "Tectonic Slam deals 40% increased Damage") Is this enchant still actual, will it work ? POB says yes but I don't want to waste my exalts to find out for sure.

It should still work.

"
knasen wrote:
Doryani's Prototype

Does Penetrate effects such as Arcing Blows work with doryanis prototype when their resistance is set to -x?

Yes. You cannot modify their resistance, but you can still penetrate it. Note that penetration will not be as desirable as for most builds because the enemy resistance will already be fairly low.
21-27
Spoiler
"
sipress wrote:
Damage conversions interaction with Curses and Debuffs

I have a 100% fire damage conversion between the chieftain ascendancy and Tectonic Slam. I understand that according to Mark_GGG that since it was Phys, modifiers still apply to Phys damage to skill because It was Phys at one point.

I would like to know this same logic would apply to curse and Debuffs.

Ex1: Vulnerability
Cursed enemies take (30-39)% increased Physical Damage
Cursed Enemies have 20% chance to Bleed when Hit by Attacks
Attack Hits have 20% chance to Maim Cursed Enemies for 4 seconds
Cursed enemies take 30% increased Physical Damage from Damage Over Time

Here my attacks will apply a bleed and Maim. Will the debuff's to enemy Phys protection apply to my attacks, or will it be lost?

Ex2: Punishment
Cursed enemies grant (25-35)% more Melee Physical Damage on Melee hit
Cursed enemies grant (10-19)% increased Attack Speed on Melee hit
Buff is applied for a Base Duration of (9-10.9) seconds
Cursed enemies have -20% to Physical Damage Reduction

Here I would assume that the buff I receive from the enemy for more Phys damage would apply to my attack damage because it is applied to me directly. What is unclear is if the Debuff on the enemy would affect my attack in any way?

Ex3: Impale Support
Supported Attacks have 40% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit
Supported Attacks have (20-49)% increased Impale Effect
Supported Skills deal (5-15)% more Physical Damage
Impale Damage dealt to Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills Overwhelms 30% Physical Damage Reduction

My attack will apply the Impale, increased effect, and more Phys damage. Will the Impale debuff effect get the Phys damage since it was Phys pre-conversion?

Any clarification or assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ex1: You do not deal physical damage, so they do not take increased damage, and only physical damage can apply bleeding, so you will not apply that either. You will be able to maim enemies.

Ex2: You benefit from the damage and attack speed buff, but you do not deal physical damage, so the physical damage reduction of your enemy is irrelevant.

Ex3: You can only impale with physical damage, which you do not deal. The bonus to physical damage from the gem in general still applies to your damage that is converted.

"
Isshouji wrote:
Hi, guys I have a question about flask affix and Herald of Ash ,

1. How to craft/get "increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect" on flask?
2. Can we replace flask's prefix using beast crafting? For example, I have Increased Duration + Immune to Poison, then I want to replace Immune to Poison with Immune to Curse, or I need to annul it ?
3. Does Herald of Ash can Ignite an enemy? Does Oni-Goroshi's "Her Embrace" buff can triggered using Herald of Ash? How often it can be triggered this way?

Thanks!

The only part I am sure about is the third: Herald of Ash does not ignite. It deals fire damage over time, which is also called burning damage, but that is not ignite. Ignites can only be inflicted by hits.

"
Prior to 3.11.1b Blade Flurry counted as an exerted attack only on "release" (after stopping channeling). For reasons unknown, this was removed in 3.11.1b and not mentioned in the patch notes. Now Blade Flurry cannot count as an exerted attack on channel or release.

Is this a bug or an intentional change in the functionality in the skill?

(Please put it back to what it was, it was far more fun/interactive to balance number of exerted attacks alongside the channeling time in the boss fights than to just stack consistent damage with a few pre-fight buffs)

I am fairly certain that channelled skills were never intended to be exerted in the first place, so if you did exert it, that was a bug.

"
realkph wrote:
Hello! I've been using more or less the same setup for getting the conqueror fights, did them all one by one repeatedly untill I hit the last one:

After getting conqueror fights one after another, I can't seem to do anything to make this last fight happen. I tried switching watchstones everywhere, nothing helped!

This is how I setup my watchstones to get most of my conqueror fights:

Used Valdo's Rest successfully until an hour ago. Since then I just can't get that damned fight to happen.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to listen to map atlas guides on youtube but I can't find anything relative that will help.

It is possible that she will not spawn because you have already obtained her watchstone from that region. As far as I was aware, she would still have been able to spawn in theory but without awarding a watchstone afterwards, but maybe that was changed at some point. You should run maps in a different region with 4 watchstones where you have not obtained her watchstone yet.

"

can i craft energyshield on it with exalt/harvestcraft if there is already a second energyshield mod crafted with bench ?

can it get +30energyshield as prefix even if its crafted ?
and does the crafted mod leave or aint ?

Whether or not you would be able to augment another defence mod to get an energy shield one depends on whether the 28% ES and 19% stun and block recovery are a single mod or two or three. If it is just one mod, you would still be able to use the craft and it would add either increased ES or flat ES and flat life. It cannot add flat ES because that mod is already present in the bench crafted mod.

Check poedb and craftofexile for mod groups and what mods can roll together.

"
iao wrote:
The Corruption node has the mod "20% increased effect of Withered". Some of the nodes in the cluster also have "Withered you Inflict expires 10% slower".

What I want to know is if either of these mods affect the Withered that is applied by minions, such as Skeletons when affected by Withering Touch Support and/or the Skeletal Atrophy cluster jewel node.

Thanks in advance.

The first part should apply, the second part should not, because you are not the one applying the Withered debuff.

"
Stebobibo wrote:
Zealot's Oath questions

How does Zealot's Oath work when at full health? Do I get the energy shield regen or does my health have to be below full before I get regen?

When I have Zealot's Oath, is my life regen just added to my energy shield recharge per second, and so I still only recharge energy shield when haven't taken damage for a few seconds? Or would it be on it's own, supplying regen per second constantly?

Also, How does it interact with Chaoes Innoculation. Thanks!

You only regenerate Energy Shield, regardless of whether you are at full life or not. The amount regenerated depends on your Energy Shield, not your life, so it will work with CI. It is a separate mechanic from recharge, and you can have both at the same time.
Hello for some reason I am unable to spawn my 8th and final citadel in the tirns end region. any help with this would be greatly apreciate because my atlas is dead in the water untill i can get this fixed.[
If you have 2 Kaom's Way Rings augmented with life catalyst (+0.5% life regen per endurance charge), why the 1st one equipped adds 0.5% and the 2nd one adds only 0.4% at the character tab?
hi, I would like to discuss the topic about Synthesized items and how to avoid throwing random synthesis on an item with the help of seeds, and make a little controlled, so that you can split the item and then synthesize it with the flow of seeds, since in order to catch a certain on the Synthesized item. And also about the buds(luck, vitality and Horticrafting) so that they can be improved with the help of NPCs as they start to score space not only in the chest with seeds, but also in their own hiding place
"
Darkemplaren wrote:
hi, I would like to discuss the topic about Synthesized items and how to avoid throwing random synthesis on an item with the help of seeds, and make a little controlled, so that you can split the item and then synthesize it with the flow of seeds, since in order to catch a certain on the Synthesized item. And also about the buds(luck, vitality and Horticrafting) so that they can be improved with the help of NPCs as they start to score space not only in the chest with seeds, but also in their own hiding place

Look for or open a topic in Feedback and Suggestions.

This thread is intended to clarify the mechanics of the game, not a place for discussion.
Q about Conc. Path "closer target" mechanic and General's Cry mirage warriors:

How does Conc Path's "Deals up to 20% More damage to closer targets" work in the case of General's Cry or Mirage Warriors? Is it based on their own distance to the enemy or is it based on the distance from my actual character to the enemy?

And is this distance based on the location where it hits(post-teleport) or based on the distance between the character/warrior to the enemy when the skill is used(prior to teleportation)?

Does this closer target mechanic apply to Close Combat Support as well?

Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info