Mechanical Questions Thread

"
"
Sinum wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to understand how maligaro's restraint works and it's quite unsettling.
I have built a char with 202% reduced ailment duration, which effectively becomes 102% reduced shock duration with maligaro's restraint on.

However, the reflected shock I do just lasts 4 seconds anyway.

Is it intended?

Thanks in advance !

Do you have increased duration of your shocks that you inflict on others? If not, I would assume that the duration of ailments on you does not apply to ailments that are reflected to you, but I do not know whether that is intended or not.

Indeed I had, thanks for pointing that out. So I removed it to check, and I end up with a 2s shock reflected to me, which sounds logical.
This clarifies one part of the question. As a result, the remaining point would be whether it's normal that reflected ailments (shock in this case) ignore the "reduced ailment duration on self" stat.
First Question,
"
ekaye wrote:
Conversion applies to damage ranges before they are rolled, so any lightning damage converted to cold will not be lucky.

Where can I get that information?
If that's correct, does that mean that the Exposure given by Wave of Conviction is random, even if you have a 1% Physical to Lightning Conversion?

Second,
If I get a Transcendence keystone, which is applied first, Reduction by Armour or mitigation by Resistance?
"
otd334 wrote:
First Question,
Where can I get that information?
If that's correct, does that mean that the Exposure given by Wave of Conviction is random, even if you have a 1% Physical to Lightning Conversion?

Second,
If I get a Transcendence keystone, which is applied first, Reduction by Armour or mitigation by Resistance?

If you check your damage in Path of Building, you can change the amount of damage of certain types that Wave of Conviction deals so that the minimum damage roll is higher than the maximum damage roll of other types. Typical ways of achieving this are Physical to Lightning Support and Combustion Support. That way you can ensure that WoC will only apply one specific type of exposure. If there is an overlap of the damage ranges, you can get unlucky and get the wrong exposure, even if you convert more of the physical damage to the element you want.

You can get this information by checking the comment that is linked as a reference on the wiki page for Wave of Conviction.

Resistance applies before reduction. Here is the comment that confirms this. I have not bothered making an account for the wiki, but this should honestly be available as a reference in the articles for Transcendence and Receiving Damage.
New belt enchant: "Enemies Blinded by you have 30% reduced Critical Strike Chance." Can this works with "Nearby enemies are blinded" chest mod?
"
masq1988 wrote:
New belt enchant: "Enemies Blinded by you have 30% reduced Critical Strike Chance." Can this works with "Nearby enemies are blinded" chest mod?

Yes, it does.
Does the parameter "Item Quantity" on a map, and a parameter "Item Quantity" on equipable items on character, affect the amount of Sulphite and Seeds dropped ?
How can increse quantity if dropped Sulphite and Seeds? What parameters metters?
Can you stack two different Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage mods, one from a synthesis weapon and the other from a crusader chest?

So I had this ring and wanted to use a harvest remove non-critical add critical craft to remove dexterity and add assassin's mark (only available crit mod with the craft blocking crit chance)
However, according to the person I was buying the craft to, it was saying there is no valid mod for this craft
I then tried a ring with all same mods on craft of exile and assassin's mark was indeed open
After checking every mod group to see if there wasn't any conflict and asking on a discord, I tried changing the life gain mod even though I didn't find anything about a limit to the number of influenced mods on an item, I didn't want to keep this mod for the final item anyway

After changing the life gained on spell hit for some maximum life, I was able to use the harvest craft and roll my assassin's mark, but still don't understand why it was blocked before

So the question is, why couldn't I use the remove non-critical add critical harvest craft on the ring of the first screen ? Is the life gained on spell hit blocking assassin's mark ? Is it because of the number of influenced/shaper's mods ? Or another thing I didn't think of ?
"
Croaa wrote:
So the question is, why couldn't I use the remove non-critical add critical harvest craft on the ring of the first screen ? Is the life gained on spell hit blocking assassin's mark ? Is it because of the number of influenced/shaper's mods ? Or another thing I didn't think of ?

It seems like a simple bug to me. If you had freed up a suffix, it would have been understandable to me, but all you did was exchanging one prefix for another, neither of which have conflicting tags.

My assumption for the cause of this would be that for some reason the game thinks the spell-LGOH mod is a suffix, because the attack-LGOH mod is one, so it counted three suffixes even after assuming that dexterity was no longer present.

And this may be unlikely, but there is the small possibility that the other person lied to you (possibly because they did not actually have the craft or spontaneously decided to use it themselves).
Does Supercharge from Cluster Jewel have an effect on Ignite Damage with Stormfire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info