Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello, if you play a chieftain with armagedon brand with anger, no skiterbots and no cold or lightning damage, 100% fire damage on the skill, if you grab the passive skill holy dominion that gives you 10% chance to freeze shock and ignite can you shock or chill with 0 cold and 0 lightning damage?
"
evayuko wrote:
Hello, if you play a chieftain with armagedon brand with anger, no skiterbots and no cold or lightning damage, 100% fire damage on the skill, if you grab the passive skill holy dominion that gives you 10% chance to freeze shock and ignite can you shock or chill with 0 cold and 0 lightning damage?

By default, lightning and cold damage will not shock or freeze, even if they deal a lot of damage. They need to have a chance to shock or freeze to do that. When they do shock or freeze based on those chances, they will then check if they dealt enough damage to actually inflict a shock or freeze. With 0 cold and lightning damage, you will not shock or freeze anything, unless you use items that make other damage types capable of doing that.
Hello!
As an ascendant I can't respec my points. I spent all 8 ascendant points already, 4 into templar's way closing the line with the 1 passive skill point node + choosed guardian.
Same with the witch's branch, choosed necromancer, put the last point into the 4th node (added 1 passive skill point).
I just realized I could put the last point into one of the two branches's 5th node to get two skill points instead of one.
I can respec the 3rd nodes (its more like reset to default node -> no ascendant selected, but not getting back any ascendancy skill point) in each branch but can't respec the 4th node none of them.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
I tried to run a lab to reset the ascendancy but I can't.
I spent a lot of regrets to try all of the combines, even I tried respec a normal passive node too. :D
So I tried the most common things. All I want to respec one of the 4th passive node what gives me 1 passive skill point.

Anyone had the same issue before or is this a bug?
My question is about the new item Doryani's Prototype

Like in case with damage penetration it makes less sence while resistance is being lower is there an optimal lightning resistance to have on my character with this armour?
"
mypoorwitness wrote:
My question is about the new item Doryani's Prototype

Like in case with damage penetration it makes less sence while resistance is being lower is there an optimal lightning resistance to have on my character with this armour?

There is no exact sweet spot and there are many ways of scaling your damage. Not all Doryani's Prototype builds might self-curse with both Elemental Weakness and Conductivity for instance. So while penetration is certainly less valuable on a Doryani's Prototype build than others, it is not worthless, and how much lowered resistance / penetration you should get will depend on your specific build.

In any case, this is not a mechanical question. Ask for recommendations in individual posts in this forum.
Hello,
I'm trying to understand how maligaro's restraint works and it's quite unsettling.
I have built a char with 202% reduced ailment duration, which effectively becomes 102% reduced shock duration with maligaro's restraint on.

However, the reflected shock I do just lasts 4 seconds anyway.

Is it intended?

Thanks in advance !
"
Sinum wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to understand how maligaro's restraint works and it's quite unsettling.
I have built a char with 202% reduced ailment duration, which effectively becomes 102% reduced shock duration with maligaro's restraint on.

However, the reflected shock I do just lasts 4 seconds anyway.

Is it intended?

Thanks in advance !

Do you have increased duration of your shocks that you inflict on others? If not, I would assume that the duration of ailments on you does not apply to ailments that are reflected to you, but I do not know whether that is intended or not.
Does arcanist brand windup time is intent?

I notice first cast from arcanist brand after attached are delay, slower than activation frequency.
If I use Glorious Vanity timeless jewel to conquer Avatar of Fire into Corrupted Soul and anoint Avatar of Fire on an amulet, will both work independently?

Edit: will the Avatar of Fire property of Xoph's Blood work if I conquer the Avatar of Fire keystone?
Last edited by PowerFulBR on Aug 3, 2020, 10:28:29 AM
"
PowerFulBR wrote:
If I use Glorious Vanity timeless jewel to conquer Avatar of Fire into Corrupted Soul and anoint Avatar of Fire on an amulet, will both work independently?
Avatar of Fire is a Keystone. You can only anoint Notables, not Keystones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info