Some Bestiary Changes in Patch 3.2.1

while at it, can you also fix this shit where you enter a map, play for 2mins with 60fps, then get to a red monster, game lags for 5 seconds you and die because the fucking MTX loads mid fihgt
"
Edit: There's also a change to how the "Craft X mod on Y type of item" recipes work, so that you can control what base type you get by inserting one for it to act upon. It automatically scours, also, so you can use the recipe many times in a row.

Yes! Now I can actually make use of beast crafting.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
bestiary recipes are just a big joke....... would add some huge new one to bring the interest back.
by the way , 2 people in sarn....game already deserted ?

u realy failed this league , I have pity on you GGG .......

Shut up. Game is still bigger than ever, no one is in Sarn because everyone past Act 3 in the first 2 hours of the league.
Hi GGG,

As disappointed as I am of this league, I don't want to simply unleash all the salt that I have in mind.
The base idea of giving more importance to crafting (assuming that this was the main intention) is great, although that could have been achieved by improving the essence system or the crafting benches from the Forsaken Masters.
What I hate most about bestiary, is that if you really want to use it, you basically stop playing the game.
First you have to stop in the map, hover above the beast to understand if it worth catching (and not to replace a more useful beast in the menagerie) - while trying to not being killed while reading.
Then you have to leave the game, go to the menagerie, scroll through what feels like 10.000 recipes, read what they do (99.5% of them do nothing), kill the beasts in the altar and be disappointed about what you got from it...
So how about the following changes for 3.2.2 since it's too late for 3.2.1:
- replace catching beasts by killing beasts
- make those beasts drop crafting orbs based on essence drops
- move the blood altar as a crafting bench to the HO
- multiply the spawn rate of beasts by a VERY HIGH FACTOR

This would solve the net issue, the lost time issue, the accidentally beast kill issue etc by giving you in the same time the opportunity to sell us a 20USD beast orb stash tab.
Then you could spend the available time and energy to give us back the Encroaching Darkness and the lost mob+loot density caused by the Sextant / Breach nerfs.

Greetings from Germany and better luck with the future changes to the game that I love playing,
Klos
After reading 8 pages of whining i have to say my thoughts about this league.
I really don't know why everyone is complaining. It is a completely skippable league mechanic, so i don't understand people wo say "see you in standard" when the main intent of a 3 month league is the fresh economy and the starting from zero feeling.
Since the first patch after release the beasts are catchable, even for my 1 Button playstyle its not impossible to catch the beasts. For people with too much damage are the necro-nets (even though i voted no i actually use them and got my first spirit beast portal because of them).
The anounced changes for the upcoming patch fix almost every left problem (you can set the crafting base for the rare recipe, that is hilarious!).

The only thing that came up my mind which would make the league even better is a change to the net tiers, which gives the end game tiers something like "catched Beasts drop XY% more items" so there would be a real use for all the thaumaturgical nets. Since i didnt see any post on reddit which answered for something like that i think that this wont come ;)

tldr:
GGG: +++ for all the fixes
community: --- for adapting the current whining-community-meta from other gamining communities instead of enjoying what is there (and becoming better and better weekly)
Nice work guys ! <3
Lot of hate here which doesnt contribute in any kind to anything i'd say. I get the disappointment though.

My first impression of the league was that through recipes it allowed regular/casual players to craft some useful items as well. But as several people here have pointed out already; the league mechanic is less present than random breach, abyss, essence and all the other spawns. Now that we can pick the base that gets beastcrafted it becomes better than essence league (in that there are more recipes to use) and worse than essence (more ingredients to find so smaller chance to find them so you must trade). This league allthough suggesting it is accessible to everyone, sofar really isn't. It is currently more gated behind slim spawn rates and rng than a zana 8 mod in standard. It could become good over time i think but atm it's completely overshadowed by elder/shaper items which are in fact dropping more reliable than useful beasts sofar : ).

Although i think the game progression should slow down somewhat for it to stay entertaining (which is why I started ssf which combines well with this league) the issue for me is that with every new league I need to grind everything all over again or feel left behind since I miss out on the league mechanic and the rewards. Now with this league I know I need to pump in a huge number of hours to get some rng rewards from the new mechanic. After playing since torment I dont wanna level every master again, complete atlas again, get forced to miss out on some new rewards or not be able to play with gear I ammased from previous leagues but havent been able to play with (unique stuff like blightwell). I get that leagues exist to keep players playing the game, but inevitably this will also make them quit the game eventually.
6days4hours played - no legendary beast. Ok, even when you need all 4 for chellnge. like 5 w/e usfule recipies out of 100? Fkn great.

Nets fkt up corrency drop - no alches, bo scours. Cant even get enoght chances to buy scours from Kata. - Great

Fkt up map progression: map drop clearly random from any atlas spots, and you goes down from mino to tier 11 in few hours and forced fo farm em again and again to have 1 mino in 10 hours. - Fkn amaizing.

BUT WHAT THE HELL YOU DID TO DEVINITION CARDS? I dont have any exalted cards from all map i run and like 8 Diviners strongbloxes. For 6 days of playing i finalyy finish 1st encoaching durkness and got FK that person who create this map Pilaars of Arun. You liars wtf you do to cards?! Is it another shit you do to make us play longer as changes to "End game grind" where you incres amount of shaper guardians from usual 40 to 150?! NOT. LIKE. THIS.
P.S. 300+ coins rolled have 2,5 Pale of Councile set's. Dont get ANY of 27 new prophecies. DO YOU EVEN ADD EM? OR SAME AS BEAST TRADING IT WILL BE ADDED IN NEXT PATCHES?! Stop this open alpha, WTF GGG. Liars. Liars. Liars. Liars. Liars. Liars.
I would like to see mark recipe as a favourite feature that will allow creating a list of recipes that I like and this also will mark necessary mobs in other icon/color so I can see which mob I need to capture for these recipes when I hunt them and kill them.

And what about "Craft these Items" challenge? Seems to be bugged for me and not worked.
"
Edit: There's also a change to how the "Craft X mod on Y type of item" recipes work, so that you can control what base type you get by inserting one for it to act upon. It automatically scours, also, so you can use the recipe many times in a row.

Ohhhh I like this! Looks like I have tons of crafting to do tonight.

The rest of the changes looks nice also, so two thumbs up GGG.

Regarding red beasts, I sure do get them alot more then breach/abyss thats for sure. Could there be more of them? absolutly! Are they as rare as breach? heck no, not even close, more like 1 in every 2-3 areas.
RNG? probably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info