Skill Revamps - Part 1

My attempt of this post is to assist the development team by giving them ideas for skill revamps from an experienced supporter of the game. One issue I find with many skills is that they lack a focus. Such skills for example are Arc. Arc shoots one lightning bolt that can chain enemies. This makes it sorta bad at mapping and bossing.

In my opinion, skills should have 3 states, be excellent at single target (high damage, low range, low area), or should be all rounded (medium damage, medium range, medium area), or excellent at mapping (low damage, high range/area).

Boss Skills: ex Molten Strike (Heavy single target, slow clear speed)
Rounded Skills: ex
Mapping Skills: ex Spark (Low damage, high clear speed)

The problem with many of the skills in my opinion is that they have no particular role. They are just all around bad and not good for mapping or bossing. Try to focus skills to perform a role of fast clear or high single target damage. Also have a few that are decent at both. Skills do not have to all have equal damage outputs. You only need a certain amount of damage to map quickly and kill any white, magic, or rare monsters with ease. Focus mapping skills to have this amount of damage with just enough to take on map bosses. Mapping skills should not be able to clear end game bosses. People will play skills even if they are weaker because they like the play-style.

As for specific skills, I have some ideas that could revamp the skill and make them super fun to play with in my opinion.

Spoiler

Fireball: Shoots a single ball of fire that explodes in an area for huge AOE similar to flameblast. Skill could be locked to one projectile and stacks with AOE. Condier an AOE of about half a screen.
Base Damage: 15,000
Cast Speed: 1/second
Clear Speed: Medium
Boss Capacity: Medium

Arc: Shoots a barrage of lighning bolts that chain up to 4 targets each. It would shoot around 2-3 bolts at a time and chain enemies. Consider a machine gun lightning barrage similar to kinetic blast but with chaining lightning. This would result in a screen full of chaining lightning.
Base Damage: 3,000
Cast Speed: 3/second
Clear Speed: High
Boss Capacity: Low

Lightning Tendrils: Increase the range of the tendrils by atleast double. Make it so it spreads in a large cone taking up roughly 1/4 of the screen. Perhaps boost the damge by 30%?
Base Damage: 7,500
Cast Speed: Continuous

Shock Nova: Increase the range of the explosion by around 50%. The area should cover over half of the screen atleast. This could result in an EK like skill that would actually see use. The same could be done for the ice varient as well.
Base Damage: 10,000
Cast Speed: 1.5/second
Boss Capacity: Low

Scorching Ray: Increase both the size of the beam and the length. I'm thinking something along the lines of shaper's beam but about half the size. The skill could also do area damage around impact at the end of the beam.
Base Damage: 20,000
Cast Speed: Continuous with slow startup of 1 second.
Clear Speed: Slow
Boss Capacity: High

Incinerate: Completely redo this skill and make it similar to lightning tendrils but with much larger area. Have it shoot a cone of fire with decent damage and continuous ignite.
Base Damage: 7,500
Cast Speed: Continuous

Earthquake: Add fissures that shoot out randomly from impact. These would shoot out in random directions and not chain.
Base Damage: 12,000
Cast Speed: 1/second
Clear Speed: Medium
Boss Capacity: High

PLEASE BUFF ARC,

It's a shame that one of the most satisfying skills in the game is only good for clearing T12 or lower trash packs in maps.

And it's only good for that, if you glass cannon your character so hard, that you get shit on by the first rare mob that's able to hit you.
nice but first concentrate on the new league with more content to do aka more mobs like breach, i still like ggg i will still support you gl hf
so is it gonna release exactly on the first of june?! need to take time off from work lol
lol no mention of elemental hit.
This is amazing, thanks.
nice fuck the meta
Thank fuck. So glad to see this. Can't wait until they get the "Elementalist" style "revamp" and all remain garbage...
~ Seph
Bring back CoC and introduce incremental buffs to trigger items!!!
Put Earthquake back to where it was after the first nerf, and not where it is now.. 2 or 3 nerfs later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info