Skill Revamps - Part 1

coincidence that i was thinking today "i wish i had chaos only skills to use rather than having to use flame dash, tempest shield, etc... in my Blight build" hope to see a chaos based movement skill, chaos shield, etc... =)
As I scan through (quickly) most the post I seen many skills spoke of but the one I love and that helped start my POE addiction,

GROUNDSLAM

From the beginning I have loved Ground Slam, and I still have my First Ground Slammer from 2013. But even with putting many many exalted into gear and trying to get that char going, It just does not hold up to Earth Quack first and Now Sunder...
The Idea and feeling of Crushing the ground with a Mace with such force that the surface ripples into a wave of spike to impel enemies stunning them into a stat of vulnerability felt so good.
Oh the memories, so good.

I say this a bit on the selfish side for a chance to see my favorite char come back to life, though I know there are many others that for sure need looked into. Seeing Ground Slam reworked would make this POE vet very happy.

Thanks for taking the time to Read my thoughts.
Spectral Shield Throw could use a little work - it does not scale well in its' higher levels (16-20) and once you have a decent shield that's it for growth potential. Perhaps also an SST jewel to use in tree socket like many other skills have.
Just putting my 2 cents in the mix lol

Thoughts on revamping certain skills as the Example of Charged Dash used,

I would like to see the skill changed from a flash/teleport to more like a cyclone animated movement, still based on your attack and movement speed but the animation and movement like cyclone and maybe not a channel skill but a point and click movement skill like whirling blades so you use the skill in the direction and position the cursor to how far you'd like to travel then based on your attack and movement speed dictates how many attacks and how fast your character travels along the path or you could have a fixed amount of attacks it performs say 5 attacks at its shortest distance with 0 Aoe up to 10 attacks at its max range with a medium to large AOE, with the Aoe bursts at each interval of attacks but the Aoe overlap increasing the further you travel and applying a knockback on each burst so when you come to a pack of monsters and charge dash through the pack that it ends up pushing all the mobs caught in the Aoe bursts to the end location of the charged dash's travel path.

So kinda picture the combination of Shield Charge+Cast on Critical Strike+Discharge+Knockback with a fixed number of discharges along the travel distance each applying a knockback to push all the mobs caught in the AOE together along the travel path to the end destination of the charged dash.

Thus you can change your play style to either suit 5 quick short burst attacks with zero AOE overlap for say bossing and single target damage but for map clearing you can target the max range to get the most out of the progressive increases in aoe bursts and grouping of monsters caused by the knockback along the path of travel.
Make it so I can self cast dark pact again.
Rain of Arrows please :D
Pls do Flicker Strike HC viable:( Its so YOLO skill, and not safe, but super FAN
I get weary of people on Reddit controlling POE,constantly complaining and whining against someone's build when they think that person is getting any advantage! Really? Leave RF ALONE!!! Its already received two nerf hammers!(your just jealous)

This announcement was for unused, unappreciated dusty skills to get a revamp, not another place for you to rant against good builds! Grow up and make your own good build! So people can complain about yours!

Kudos to you GGG for this awesome idea, take your time, revive these unused skills! Make them powerful and fun! We will play them!
"
Diosen77 wrote:
Nerf Righteous Fire. It is.. unattractive and unappealing how many people are using righteous fire. I feel like I'm walking into a game of clones that lacks diversity and originality. It's not your fault RF has been a thing for years and got buffed unnecessarily. But Hey. just my 2 cents. It appears you agree since you're trying to get people to use other skills, but why not do that AND nerf it back to how it was, because, hey, the majority of the server used it anyway.

Same thoughts, spoils the game for me. somehow frustrating when you try to make your own creative builds work but then there's always Path of Righteous fire that kills all the content
Would be really nice if lightning strike projectile acted like actual projectile and didn't fizz on anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info