Skill Revamps - Part 1

Will Elemental Hit FINALLY get some play?

It seems that Wild Strike became what Elemental Hit should have been.

Would be interesting to see Elemental Hit change to a channeling skill that would synergize with the Elementalist ascendancy node Shaper of Desolation in some way to deal damage.

...OR be able to corrupt the skill gem into Chaotic Hit Skill Jewel.
That's a great start, guys. The current meta is so so old by now, people are tired of playing same shit all day long. We need something fresh(no, not you, Bestiary) and this skill revamp is a great start to bring the game a nice fresh breathe.
Going forward: are there any plans to add forward character movement to some regular melee skills, such as infernal blow, glacial hammer, heavy strike, cleave and so on?

Having skills animate steps forward while attacking would get rid of the feeling that they stop you moving while you swing, often resulting in a choppy gameplay experience and outright missed attacks.

Plenty of other games do this successfully: dark souls being a prime example. You swing your weapon and step forward, if you get right up against a creature, you don't move forward.

It would also turn knockback into a less negative mechanic for heavy strike, as you would be able to follow the enemies as you smack them around.

Gems like ancestral call have helped the situation out, to an extent, by increasing reach: but skills like cyclone serve as a perfect example as to why removing stop-start movement for close range melee is beneficial, as it allows melee players to keep pace with the fast moving gameplay of PoE.

Outside of the loss of control mechanic of cyclone (which should be removed) it is definitely the most enjoyable 'close melee' skill in the game.

It also manages to be fun without requiring you to shoot lasers out of your sword, or have ridiculous AoE size, because it facilitates fluid gameplay.
Some skills that really need upgrade for a better and fun gameplay

Melee:
Cleave, Double Strike, Elemental Hit, Puncture, Static Strike and Sweep

Spells:
Cold Snap, Flame Surge, Frost Bomb, Orb of Storms, Storm Burst and Conversion Trap.

uh... don't you mean cast speed for ChargedDash cause it ain't an attack.
Also i wonder if DominatingBlow is among your priorities for skill changes cause this one has really never gotten any attention as far as i can tell.
static strike buff please.

But even if it doesn't happen, happy for skill buffing/reworking in general :) thanks GGG.
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Some skills that really need upgrade for a better and fun gameplay

Melee:
Cleave, Double Strike, Elemental Hit, Puncture, Static Strike and Sweep

Spells:
Cold Snap, Flame Surge, Frost Bomb, Orb of Storms, Storm Burst and Conversion Trap.

I mean cleave does serve a strong purpose even if it's not the best late game skill: great for leveling, ive seen quite a few strong double strike builds. Frost bomb is highly used in cold builds on a CWDT setup for cold resist reduction. I feel the rest of those should be prioritized way above these 3 skills. My personal opinion is that Cleave/Double Strike/Frost bomb aren't in the worst of places.
Long time player and I'm happy to see Yall at GGG making buffing seem like the new norm giving us players alot more to work with (makes the game more fun) so used to the nerfs. fakener was my favorite build would love to see cast on crit or cwdt reworked after nerfs the playstyle was completely removed. this is like old testament ggg meets new testament ggg
Memba old vaal pact
Have charged dash not consume that much mana, it's an attack skill not a spell. Where in Bladeflurry, you can leech while channeling it. You try to time it then BOOM! you run out of mana, you instantly teleport right before a slam rather than after it.

Edit: coming from a guy enjoying charged dash with my current character that i plan to take to endgame when i get it to 90... I had to use Elreon -8 ring (-7 isnt enough) and the other ring and amulet has to have mana regen too just to have enough time for cd to fully travel without going out of mana.
Last edited by YehuYehu on Mar 27, 2018, 10:15:43 PM
Don't just look at active skills either. Elemental proliferation could use a rework to be similar in use to say elemental focus. If you run a low-life GC build you need proliferation for defense to freeze enemies but you need focus for damage. I profoundly dislike having to stop in my clearing to have to swap gems, which then lets my buffs fall off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info