Skill Revamps - Part 1

Please buff Ice Traps, its my favourite skill, but it feels so weak in comparison to most other skills.

RIP GC
RIP MOLTEN STRIKE
RIP SUNDER
RIP SCORCHING RAY
finally some good news
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I love this news!!!

But in all fairness, I'm not sure the lack of diversity in playstyles has as much to do with the skills as it does with the defenses. Like right now, skill choice is about just stacking as much DPS as possible and getting as much life as possible, and being able to move fast. Energy Shield was nerfed too much, and Vaal Pact actually if a balanced nerf, but didn't really open additional options. Evasions is literally hit or miss, and is more like bloock, dodge, stun avoidance, etc. more than reliable hitpoints.

I like that Ice Spear is getting a revamp so it's not just a pre-Frostbolt; and that Cold Snap is getting some love, too... But it sounds like Cold Snap is just going to be a Vortex + Frost Bomb...

I like how you did Ancestral Call and Volley... they are just like Melee splash and Lesser Multi Projectiles, but differently oriented. Sometimes something very basic can feel like a big difference. I'd love to see some skills that seem similar give some weird stuff that encourages players to get creative -- you know, like how some uniques and Ascendancies do.

Like, what if Ice Spear auto-freezes, granting the "Freeze" ailment, but the monsters don't get paralyzed? Like the Juggernaut's keystone. Or if the Cold Snap auto-freezes on it's first pulse, but it's second pulse thaws the monster and makes it resistant to Cold, like Elemental Equilibrium.

Also, I like the skills that give you options in terms of stacking multiple tags: like how Molten and Lightning Strike are projectile and melee... But Lacerate is not.

Have you thought about more skill combos like the frostbolt/Vortex/IceNova? I tried that once and ti didn't feel smooth... and most parties i join are speed-clear parties, but i wonder if intentional cross-skill combos, or ailment exploitation in parties might encourage some low-par solo skills to shine for those speed-farmers in endgame. Like you know how Aurabots have a shitty leveling experience, but are everyone's BBFs in endgame?
Now THIS is exciting news, Bex!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Can't wait to see what you have for us GGG, keep up the amazing work and the content as it goes to show how truly well built PoE is and how much pride you guys have in your work, I really hope to be playing for years to come. GG you guys.
This is the best news from GGG in YEARS. Please can the team take a look at INCINERATE. The skill doesn't even need a full revamp, just a little love. I'm not the only one BEGGING for Incinerate buffs over the YEARS (Incinerate gutted shortly after 2.0) Just take a look on your own forums 'Skill gem feedback: Incinerate' or search in /r/PathofExile for "Incinerate".

Waiting hopefully
[User Social Credit Score: 596]
The 1 major thing I would recommend with this is... stop listening to Reddit. They have been wrong about the last like 10 skill gem reveals.

charged dash, that lightning skill with the little balls, tectonic strike, spectral shield, ect.
Reveal the gem - reddit goes "oh my god thats OP" - then posts theories and numbers, the gem gets nerfed before it goes into game, and then the gem ends up so nerfed that no one really uses it.

Stop nerfing gems before they are released. It's been like 3 leagues where this has happened and every league ends up the same, weak gems that are ok to like tier 10, and awful at everything beyond that.
Patch 3.2 is the start of a golden age of PoE not seen since the days of open beta. Despite what some say, beastiary is the most creative league ggg has ever produced even if somewhat untested and unpolished at the start.

Sure GGG took away our beloved instant leech, double dip, every DoT and many build enabling uniques but the game is finally on the right path after 2.6 and 3.0 took it into a horrible overnerfed and obtuse direction.

GGG, please do not make anymore game breaking nerfs specifically the asc classes and existing balanced builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 27, 2018, 7:34:00 PM
I'm going to play whatever skill the "balance team" <---Joke right there, buffs the most.

It's always the sky or the ground with these people. Look at Ascendancy over the last few xpacs. What a joke.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info