Skill Revamps - Part 1

Please buff earthquake and icecrash!
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
awesome.

theres 2 things that really revitalise playing a game like this for me, skills and content. Items are cool, new league mechanics like abyss are cool, new orbs are cool, new stuff is always cool.

But what really changes up the game in a meaningful way and makes me feel re-engaged is stuff like atziri, stuff like tornado shot.

When tornado was added that was such a fun league playing that skill, spectral throw, frost blades, when reave was changed so that it didnt drop stacks when you used a movement skill. Im super pleased to hear about the revamps and especially the direction. Essence drain isnt for everyone, personally I love it. Themes, playstyles, synergy between different abilities, these are all really exciting things.
I love the consistency that GGG revamps and makes the old things exciting! I sure hope Flicker Strike gets some love in this rework with mechanics like those shown in the techtonic slam gem and now cold snap!

Flicker would feel infinitely better if the cool down didn't exist but the skill still needed frenzy charges to perform optimally. Less random deaths from unlucky frenzy charge generation!
When will you guys introduce skill triggers for melee skills? We have so many options for spells but nothing to enable melee attack skills to trigger. Now with ancestral call support, I don't see why we can't have a cast when damage taken that can trigger an attack skill, or any of the other plethora of trigger supports.
GGG what about dominating blow? make it viable ?
I feel kinda sad that this will be a huge disappointment.

Arctic Breath great skill you stand next to a rock and it's just not worth using
Spark great skill you stand next to a rock and it's just not worth using

Cold snap
so arc will get 50% more dmg, and then 15% reduced dmg per chain?
and some inc shock effect?
so it will it actually deal some dmg in single target?

interesting skill,
would like n play it,
but it sucks in single target...

E:
also this:
"
GrimExcuse wrote:
I feel kinda sad that this will be a huge disappointment.

Arctic Breath great skill you stand next to a rock and it's just not worth using
Spark great skill you stand next to a rock and it's just not worth using

Cold snap

same with freeze pulse.
tried FP build.

have a door 2 meters behind you and you will see not a single proj.
because doors...
that sux.

some work on spell projectile-environment-collision in general would be rly great tbh.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Last edited by MarboroMan on Mar 27, 2018, 7:45:46 PM
Yeeeees!!!
Was recently thinking about how much I would like to play a cold snapper but then remembered just how awfull it is atm...

Looking forward to these changes!
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
This is great news.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Awesome work ggg team. This reminds me of the champion rework schedule announcement league of legends made a few years back. I am super excited to hear you guys have a plan for breathing new life into things that underperform or just feel clunky next to new skills. Best of luck with development, looking forward to it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info