How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

I would prefer that your developer's time was spent on the core game and future leagues/content.
100% loved it ..

I would love to see some low LVL auras , team mode pvp and a low LVL ring with cast speed on it to allow the spells to be better..

my only request is that we get a battle royal char slot that starts with cosmetics on...
I'd like it to come back but with maybe a 50 person limit and a 100 man one, that way if you can't get 100 people or don't like the 100 person challenge you could do a 50 man one. I personally loved it even though I didn't even win one game( I'm too slow at picking up stuff and socketing gems to win lol)
I loved the mode, and appreciated the small cross-over between it and the existing game (Rhoa dinner). I think it could be a great use of resources, and a way to draw in new players, especially if there are some additional small ways to bridge it into the rest of the game.

I could see something like being able to transfer a single item to an active league if you make it into some top position, Given that the items are low level only, hopefully it wouldn't be too economy breaking, even with some extra tabulas being brought over.

Put it in for 32 players for the Leo missions.

It would make it actually exciting. The lower level missions you wouldn't even need to win, be like. Survive for 2 waves. Make the top 10 etc.
First, thank you for being willing to do something a bit different in the name of fun. I think it was a great success and really left its mark, so congrats ! To pull all the elements together in one *cough* total day was well done. GG GGG

I think Royal mode will be best left as a special event, something to look forward to towards the end of a long league , along with races etc. That way we will still be playing the game, but playing it a different way with a different mindset to help refresh us for the start of the next league

I'd love to see the game mode back and with things added to it. The game can be very stale at times and game modes like this bring the fun back into PoE. It's a nice thing to have if you're bored of mapping but still enjoy the game. I hope there are more game modes like that in the future! Keep it up GGG, good work!
Kick names & take ass!
I imagine it would get pretty stale and not played much if it were available all the time. Maybe it could be repurposed to 32-player Leo missions? It's cool but also frustrating in all the ways royale games tend to be. If the guy next to you has a chest spawn next to him and gets a skill gem immediately, it's probably GG for you. I'm just glad to have gotten a rhoa dinner.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Yes! Look what was accomplished in just 1 day. The loss of resources for the main game is a legit concern, yet if you could do what you guys did in a day...then why not?

One of the things I used to love about D2 was how the game offered little things you could hop on and do without a full session. You could do a quick mf run and kill Baal for instance. Since poe has diff loot mechanics this is not easily replicated in poe. If there was a mode like royal -once in a while- it would be great for the quick poe fix that we sometimes need without the whole rolling maps and what not.

Freshens up the game. Was obviously popular. Took a single day to make it. Why not?
🐢
No, this should not be a stand alone game mode. Royale should only be enabled for special events.

Reason:
It will take developers away from from the core game.
Players will complain about balance and you'll either need to start balancing skills and passives to work for this or create completely new versions of everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info