How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

Personally I'm not found of Royale. I hate this kind of game as much as I love action RPG so I'd rather have you working on game improvements, fixing bugs, developping a new league and balancing stuffs (even though you're really bad at balancing ;p).
I don't really like the current league but I had a lot of fun playing the previous ones. I like your creativity so keep going!
"
This limit was mostly respected, though the definition of "workday" was stretched considerably for one programmer.

This reminds me of an old saying we have in the office:

"The programmer's shame - Monday after friday" if you know what i mean :D

Which also reminded me of the international programmer's holiday "St. Friday", if you are not drunk at the end of it, you are probably experiencing the programmer's shame at that point :D
PLZ...
remove existing pvp mode, put royale only, done.
no one plays the existing pvp mode, and people who are saying no to royale are people who only play PVE they dont know anything about pvp.
BLZ BRING IT BACK FOREVER !!!
Royale was awesome. Having it as a replacer for the current lame PvP would be incredible !!!
It was a very fun mode and I'd love to see it more often as a part of the game!
I did not find the game mode at all fun or entertaining to be quite honest, entered two-three games and instantly got killed by split arrow before I was able to pickup/equip any items...

If it was a thing you could do with already existing characters instead of a start from scratch i think there might be some potential to it.

Ultimately i think it's a waste of time and this game has GIANT problems that need work, much more than the implementation of Royale.
I had some fun with it :)
Would be great for the time inbetween leagues. Not worth a full time mode in my opinion
I would like to see PvP in all leagues with some changes to the current way it is implemented. The idea of having a large PvP arena with massive players is cool and the shrinking enforces a final winner in limited time.

But here is why I don't like the currently implemented modes:

1. Royale
I don't like temporary character creation. Some progress should remain for future fights. So I see this as a part of other leagues with your current character.

2. Core PvP (Leo)
As a casual gamer I don't want to explicitly spend time for just PvP, so Leo should appear anywhere like all other masters and change a part of the map to a shared PvP instance.

3. Cutthroat
I tried cutthroat leagues a few times. The loss of all items on death always prevented me from making progress throughout the game. So it would be better to not drop your items and also have safe zones. Instead maybe have players drop items with some exclusive mods.

So what I imagine is some sort of the following setup:
Have Leo appear and level in normal map progression. He creates an open PvP arena as a part of the map without a separate entrance. Once enough players entered the arena PvP starts. If not enough players enter, use rogue exiles as replacements. The arena is filled with monsters and shrinking like in royale. Killed players will drop new items and raise Leo's experience. If you die (even in HC) or win, the arena "overlay" closes and you continue the map. And of course there should be some global ranking.

Maybe I got bit off-topic :)
Dear GGG, your Royal mode was a blast and made a lot of fun... you are looking to fix PvP?
This mode is PvP and its FUN!
Now make Rewards for the top 20 incresing in rarity and welp, you have a worthwhile PvP!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info