Introducing the First Blood Starter Pack!

You guys designed the pack for beginners, of course 100% should have been Premium Tab to ENCOURAGE & welcome new players to play & trade in PoE. Hope GGG include premium tab on a future pack.
This pack is an interesting one.

I feel like it's at odds with itself in that, with a limit of one per account, there's an expectation of a truly exceptional value proposition. It's good value, but a bit disappointing in that context.

Some thoughts on the contents;

• More points than I'd expect.
  • Stash Tab is nice. Disappointing it isn't a Premium one.
  • Weapon Effect is... kind of terrible. It doesn't look like blood (more flaky than liquid), there's not a lot of it, and I don't like the animation. I can't imagine I'd ever use it.

Some ideas on how it could've been better;

• This is a 'one per account' offer, so I'm comfortable looking at your Daily Deal prices. A Premium upgrade costs 10 points. 190 points & a Premium tab would've been better received.
  • The First Blood Pack image displayed where you would've shown a supporter title looks really cool. So... why didn't you use it to give us one? Giving people a .png under their forum avatar is effectively free for you, but would've made the pack look more generous. Instead you went through the effort of creating the image, only to decide not to give it to us.

The tab not being Premium looks bad, and with packs often containing fewer points than a pure points bundle, it feels like a bit of an own goal not to just ding people for the Daily Discount price. The lack of a supporter title despite you having made an image which could've been used for one is fairly inexplicable. Neither of these decisions made you any money... it just makes the company look less generous, which is a poor show for a 'one per account' limited bundle.

Apologies for being late to post feedback; been extremely busy recently.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Yeah, don't be scrooges! Make it a premium tab for all the noobs to trade!
I was actually gonna buy this today, but thankfully, I thought to look at the post about it, and saw all the replies point out that it ain't a premium tab.

I may get it later, but it'll likely be the lowest priority, below every other pack released now and released in the future, so not a likely purchase at all.

Change that tab to a premium one, 'n it's a guaranteed buy. Would be nice to have a First Blood forum title, too. Like some said before me, that's low-cost to cost-free to add.
"
Exile009 wrote:
Echoing the MANY people in this thread who've pointed out that the included stash tab should really be a Premium Tab. Restrict it to just new players rather than anyone, if desired. But I can't recommend this to my new guildies if it's not premium. They'd actually be better off buying a bunch of Premium Tab upgrades for LESS money than buying this.

Unfortunately, totally right... Pity, for a missed opportunity (unless, they can retroactively unlock premium tab for new players only).

Otherwise, nice and interesting pack. Paired with Quad Tab sale… Lovely.

EDIT: @Sarno wise as always.
Last edited by Axierastos on Mar 25, 2019, 8:02:03 PM
Awesome! Needed this one!
Hi! Just to confirm what's in the starter pack for USD20.

Weapon Effect
Stash Tab
200 points

So for the price of 200 points, we get 200 points plus weapon effect and stash tab. Am I reading this correctly? :)
is it still possible to buy this pack?
"
Proxyjem wrote:
is it still possible to buy this pack?

Yes it is. On the bottom of the purchase site.
I BOught this starter pack and didnt get credits or items to my account?! is there a time limit or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info