Introducing the First Blood Starter Pack!

That like/dislike ratio is impressive.

But anyways i guess new players dont care that much for an underwhelming weapons effect and will profit more with the extra stash tab and the flexibility which 200 points provide.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Not a bad deal, since you get some extra stuff when buying 200 points. But I wouldn't call it "starter" because it's just a regular tab.

For new players, the bestiary packs are still a better option.
The weapon effect is garbage, one of the worst in the entire game, and the tab isn't even a premium tab? What a joke. I know it's "free stuff" but they really dropped the ball on this one.
"
monster0824 wrote:
Should really be a premium tab...

This. Please, GGG, do yourself and your new players a favour. Let them trade without having to install 3rd party programs, wtf.

Edit:

And don't be like "uh well you can upgrade it to premium with the points you get from the pack". That really doesn't make a good impression, does it? First of all, most new players might not even know that you can upgrade those. Secondly, you kind of force them to buy the upgrade tab this way. You won't lose a lot of money by making it a premium tab and the impression a new player will get of your company will be much better which results in a higher probabilty for him to spend more points later. Overthink your marketing, it's definitely not good.
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
Last edited by TheRealLeviathan on Apr 18, 2018, 8:10:05 AM
To be honest, I don't think that the non-premium tab is the biggest issue here - it's rather the inability to use the money you've paid for further upgrades into another supporter packs (which - as many people have already pointed out - would be far more beneficial, especially in terms of MTX).
Don't sell regular stash tabs with this. Either offer a premium tab (for easy selling) or better yet, a more useful currency tab for new players.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dropped the ball on this, great idea but the tab shouldve been a Premium.

I am going to assume the point of this is to get them hooked onto mtx's with a little taste.

Well adding a basic tab doesn't introduce them to the horrific although nescesassary part of poe called trading. Once they fill up that one extra normal tab other than a little qol feature there is no real reason to get another unless its a premium to trade with. You don't have any need for the custom names if your only managing 5 tabs.

Now if you had given them a premium tab in the bundle (even if you made it 1/2 or 3/4 a tab by adding some graphic to it) Then they would see the benefit of purchasing premium tabs and would add more to the economy by allowing newer players to get into trading. (this could also be argued as being bad) but from your stand point I can't see how giving an extra normal stash tab would entice someone to buy more/upgrade.

I know that me personally I didn't get into purchasing any mtx's until after I had won a few in leagues, I just spent any supporter pack money on tabs and was very upset on multiple occasions on how adding more tabs was handled. IE first time I bought premium tabs it converted a bunch of junk leftover from nemesis i think to premium junk filled ones and still didn't allow me to organize stuff, it was my fault for not understanding how it worked but it didn't make me any less put off at the time. Now if I was a brand new player and was expecting to be able to do trades etc after spending the money for the pack and then finding out ohh wait no you need to upgrade that I would feel rather put out.

It also doesn't cheapen the price for premium tabs as this is a one shot deal per account. I personally have more tabs than I know what to do with most leagues so this isn't a GIVE ME FREE shit request I just really think you screwed the pooch on this one from a customer service point of view. (the number one thing that is stressed in my industry is always increase the value of what you are selling and not to make the customer feel nickle and dimed)

Just my proverbial 2 chaos orbs
First Blood Starter Pack. So there will be second Blood Staretr Pack and third Blood? So next expansion will be Blood?

;)
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Don't sell regular stash tabs with this. Either offer a premium tab (for easy selling) or better yet, a more useful currency tab for new players.

Same as what I was going to say... And what I said when it was released together with the Xbox release...
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Last edited by PlatoniusIII on Apr 18, 2018, 11:15:02 AM
Greedy, there shouldn't even be a difference between normal and "premium" tabs but if we're sticking with this super restrictive system for free players, then this paid pack should give the premium version upfront...
Last edited by FlayerX on May 31, 2018, 5:57:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info