Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

So are these changes going to include letting Elemental Proliferation support Herald of Ash again? It did in 2.4 and didn't from about 3.0 or so. I guess heralds don't really need more love but I liked the proliferation.
I like the direction, but overall I don't feel like this is enough.

Having tried to make an ignite build in 3.0-3.1, and even after plugging in some unreal numbers in POB (i.e. fake stats) the amount of MORE damage required on ignite was still worse than poison, and poison is god awful. This is just to give you perspective, I was also plugging double emberwakes on the character in POB. Just doesn't seem viable. Definitely not going to touch ignite even after these juicy buffs, it's like taking something really really awful and making it just awful.

That's my 2 cents on this.
Besides DoT being weak, the problem of ignite is that it's way too similar to poison. However poison can stack but ignite can't. This create a situation that you can boost poison damage with increased/more damage, attack/cast speed and duration, but you can only boost ignite damage with increased/more damage. Attack/cast speed and duration have nothing to do with the dps so you are like leaking two kinds of "more" damage. Yes, ignite can proliferate, but the most issue of ignite is single target. Proliferation can't solve that.

To balance it, boosting the ignite damage is one way, but a very dangerous way. If ignite can easily beat 50 stacks poison, poison will be the weak one, and vice versa. Even if GGG does manage to strike a perfect balance between this two brothers, one single change in passive or unique can break the balance and destroy build diversity.

There should be some other build-in change other than fixing the raw number to differentiate the DoT - ignite, poison and bleeding. Losing resistance is a good way, but it benefits on hit too and neither ignite only nor scale with damage. It's more like helping the on-hit build rather than ignite only build. Of course, we have to see how it's going to really know whether GGG does fix ignite or not.

Anyway, I like the direction, but more can be done to make us feel the difference between "I ignite an enemy and watch it died" and "I poison an enemy and watch it died". Damage does matter, but being fun and different matters more.

PS. At least making reapplication of ignite means more. Maybe shifting the damage so that ignite deal more damage on the fist second and keep diminishing on it's duration, but keeping the total damage the same can help. This makes players to choose whether to kite for safety, or reapply the ignite for damage.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Apr 29, 2018, 2:35:04 AM
1st nerfing, then fixing, then boosting..

Yeah.. developers have to do something all day long... getting bussy like this anyway causing only a damage to the game.

Again, and again and again i am repeating that :

If a 20 EX build can not solo all the content on its final form at lvl 90 then it is a junk and something is broken with the items or gems, and it need to be fixed !

Therefore You can just make 50% of the general possible and meaningful relations before release the gem or item. isnt it ?!
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Sounds good, don't bother with the ppl who say silly stuff like "too little, too late"... i mean who are they talking for? Themselves? I might definitely make some ignite build in 3.3.0. These ppl are just too lazy to put in the self-research and time and effort to increase their knowledge in this knowledge based game and hence improve their skill.
Also ppl need to copy streamers less and use their own brains to make original builds which there's an endless amount in PoE.
Liking the whole focus on skills and mechanics lately, it's one of the core parts about PoE.
Freaking EVERYTHING is viable in this game if you build around it and really just want to play it and ppl like Mathil have shown that. I think ppl just parrot others without testing anything out on their own and want every skill to be exactly equal in all ways to every other skill. Like ffs poison and ignite are degens, it's quite obvious they ain't gonna play JUST LIKE direct damage.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 29, 2018, 7:32:59 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Sounds good, don't bother with the ppl who say silly stuff like "too little, too late"... i mean who are they talking for? Themselves? I might definitely make some ignite build in 3.3.0. These ppl are just too lazy to put in the self-research and time and effort to increase their knowledge in this knowledge based game and hence improve their skill.
Also ppl need to copy streamers less and use their own brains to make original builds which there's an endless amount in PoE.
Liking the whole focus on skills and mechanics lately, it's one of the core parts about PoE.
Freaking EVERYTHING is viable in this game if you build around it and really just want to play it and ppl like Mathil have shown that. I think ppl just parrot others without testing anything out on their own and want every skill to be exactly equal in all ways to every other skill. Like ffs poison and ignite are degens, it's quite obvious they ain't gonna play JUST LIKE direct damage.

First of all learn how to spell people since you love that word so much and use it in every sentence. Second, of course people are speaking for themselves. Who would they be speaking for ? You ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Why are people so obsessed with stacking dots ? I mean why can't we have just one big ignite (or 2,3 max with invest) that can do the job ? Why would i ever want to stack zillion ignites over few big ? Ignite shouldn't be red poison, it should be a viable dot on it's own. I wanna make for example burning arrow that hit one mob with single projectile and prolif on whole pack which isn't the issue even know. The issue is boss and lack of dmg to ignite that boss few times and watch him die...
So.... Why would we use an effect that some bosses in this game are immune to? Viability is important, and if the build cant do ALL content... Then it isn't really viable
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
O_O
"
RichardFox wrote:
Elemental equilibrium always seemed pretty balanced to me because it has a very circumstantial requirement to be used. Very few builds can actually use it, and those that can that were very OP were usually OP for other reasons and not EE specifically. Rather those builds that could use it felt like they were balanced with it and that removing it would just unnecessarily nerf them and make them unusable (since you probably can't buff all the builds properly, thereby destroying a large number of them like you did with ignite changes LOL).

Examples:
CoC discharge: cast spamming not ee really.
Ignite: double dipping, not ee really.

How is Shieldcharging with +1 added cold/lightning to attacks circumstantial ? WAYY too cheap damageboost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info