Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

all i see is people ether complaining it wont help at all, or itll be too strong. honestly shut up and stop whining. i think its finally time DoT heavy builds are finally starting to have more of an impact after the double dip nerf.

now we jsut need a bleed pure and poison pure builds made viable and on semi even ground with builds that just do on hit damage( cuz face it, ignite then kite)

but seriously i cant wait for the day that everything is on even ground and every single build type is equally viable so people can play how they want. not just "meta this and meta that"

/rantover
"
WulphJay wrote:
but seriously i cant wait for the day that everything is on even ground and every single build type is equally viable so people can play how they want. not just "meta this and meta that"

Equal viability is not even a requirement. They just have to be balanced to the extent that one skill isn't 50 times as powerful (I only wish that were hyperbole) as another.

And you are right about the "meta this meta that" being horribad for the game. GGG thinks a "shifting meta" makes a game more interesting, often talking about it in their patch notes.

It doesn't take much thought to take that to its logical conclusion: "A shifting meta" = "A shifting SMALL subset of competitive build types." So GGG is essentially stating that fewer competitive options makes the game more interesting.

Wash your hands, Exile!
The next league most probably will be related to ignite that's why.

Sadly they ignore the shock/freeze and now they gonna nerf equilbrium.

Less elemental resistant reduction which mean.. .

More and more reason for not picking the elementalist.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2624459
For minion helmet mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2616501
Stupidsmile Ultimate SRS Minion Instability Build
I don't think ignite will ever be better than freeze and chill because of corpse detonation mechanics within the game. I think that if GGG would make it so that ignited enemies (corpses) are destroyed (incinerated, cremated, there are lots of different ways to word that) on death, or something along those lines that it would make ignite very viable, but at the moment I think that people will stick to shattering enemies to avoid corpse detonations.

I would also like to take this time to say that I believe corpse detonations (from enemies, totems, strongboxes, and bosses) are extremely over tuned, and would like to see that part of the game looked into.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me for a character to be elemental capped, have a decent size health pool, and still be one shot by corpse detonations.

Thank you for your time, and thank you GGG for the constant updates.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Equal viability is not even a requirement. They just have to be balanced to the extent that one skill isn't 50 times as powerful (I only wish that were hyperbole) as another.

Only 50? Oh boy let's talk Molten Strike + Ancestral Call. 10 aps, 28 projectiles plus one actual hit, even if only half hit you're looking at 150 hits per second, compared to the meager 10 hits per second from any other melee skill. Add in the 5% duration per stack over 4 seconds, and it's closer to several hundred times more powerful.

The worst part is, it literally takes that extreme of a hits-per-second to make poison anything but utter fucking garbage.

ALSO CAN WE TAKE A SECOND AND POUR ONE OUT FOR EXPLOSIVE ARROW??? GGG buffs ignite skills but WHERE ARE THE EA BUFFS HUH? EA died an awful death with the double dipping changes too, but no buffs for that.
Want to see some Incinerate love. I feel like that skill has been left in the gutter. I know channeled skills can be odd but how did Scorching Ray become a top tier end game boss killer while Incinerate was left for dead. Seriously who has even equipped an incinerate gem in the last like 5 leagues.
IGN: DabrixRN
I too thought EA will be in this post as the posterskill for most Ignite builds when DD was a thing.
Any changes for guild improve and something new for buy for guild ,ty ?
GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
Stil no Cold damage channeling skill :(
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Another example is perfect agony. This could not have been made by someone with even the most basic clue of balancing, no offense just plain and simply the truth. Crit is already supposed to be balanced in itself, and this just applies 30% value which means it will now not scale in anywhere close to a meaningful way.

You trade big hits for big poison stacks, it's not a problem by itself, keystones should always come with trade-offs. The problem is that there are only a few skills that scale poisons well enough with these mechanics.

"
Zyrixion wrote:
Only 50? Oh boy let's talk Molten Strike + Ancestral Call. 10 aps, 28 projectiles plus one actual hit, even if only half hit you're looking at 150 hits per second, compared to the meager 10 hits per second from any other melee skill. Add in the 5% duration per stack over 4 seconds, and it's closer to several hundred times more powerful.

The worst part is, it literally takes that extreme of a hits-per-second to make poison anything but utter fucking garbage.

Out of these bazillion projectiles only 4-9 will hit the boss, depending on AC/Multistrike/"+ proj". AFAIR Viper Strike is better against single target. Also a lot of small hits from Molten Strike make your damage extremely backloaded, requiring you to stack poisons for 10-15 seconds non-stop to reach its full potential, which is not possible against any dangerous target. Also Reave is significantly better for poisoning trash mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info