Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

@ Miss Bex

You said

"We would also like to look at the way curses work. Ultimately, we want to rebalance them entirely with a particular focus on their effectiveness against bosses - making them stronger against bosses while minimising the difference in their effectiveness against boss and non-boss enemies"

So i say one thing: i think it's time to stop hard gimping curse users against bosses with up to 80% less curse effectiveness. I dream by forever to build an Occultist, but the less curse effectiveness on bosses makes me renounce every time. I suggest a pair of numbers: 10% less curse effectiveness on regular bosses, and 25% less on Shaper/Guardians/Atziri/Izaro ecc

Just an humble suggestion by some one that would LOVE to make a fully focused curser char, but Your limitations in effectiveness just destroys hopes for me (and for maaaaaaany others, just let's see how underused is Occultist class...)

And i just hope that the phrase "while minimising the difference in their effectiveness against boss and non-boss enemies" will not translate into an upsetting "We have reduced bosses' curse resistances, but now you can not add curse effectiveness against normal enemies anymore, not via tree, nor via ascendancy, nor via gear"

Thanks for the attention, Miss Bex
Last edited by Radees on Apr 28, 2018, 7:03:51 AM
Does this mean there's no point in starting work on a build now?.. Cuz you will reset it?

That's really not cool of you GGG, resetting my builds. I come back months later, maybe a year or more later, and instead of being able to continue playing, I have to remember what that build was, and rebuild it. Maybe you've done this only after changing to the new 10 acts structure.. dunno. But it's still shady practice.

What's next, you're gonna invalidate everything I bought? Or everything I have in my inventory?

This is a game that doesn't even make sense to play Online. All the game's problems come from it being Online. The need for a marketplace, the lack of a marketplace, the awful interaction with other humans, the lag, the disconnects..

I imagine there was some argument about it at start.. like:

Let's remake Diablo, but more insane, everything happens instantly, so players don't even know what happened, and they're dead. And make it totally unclear, so damage comes from nowhere. No visual feedback at all, you know? Oh, and make it Online!
OK.. that sounds fun.. but why Online?
Cuz.. dunno.. just make it Online, it's fashionable.
OK, but this is an essentially Offline experience, it doesn't make any sense playing it Online..
Yeayeayea whatever, just make it Online.
Sure.. no probs boss.

I wish I could play this game Offline, with no other awful humans around.
Any shot of changing Herald of Ash to use Ignite instead of burning damage?
i feel it will still suck
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
Get your hands as far as possible from EE!
Last edited by GodEaterIvan on Apr 28, 2018, 11:27:33 AM
"
Does this mean there's no point in starting work on a build now?.. Cuz you will reset it?

That's really not cool of you GGG, resetting my builds. I come back months later, maybe a year or more later, and instead of being able to continue playing, I have to remember what that build was, and rebuild it. Maybe you've done this only after changing to the new 10 acts structure.. dunno. But it's still shady practice.

What's next, you're gonna invalidate everything I bought? Or everything I have in my inventory?

This is a game that doesn't even make sense to play Online. All the game's problems come from it being Online. The need for a marketplace, the lack of a marketplace, the awful interaction with other humans, the lag, the disconnects..

I imagine there was some argument about it at start.. like:

Let's remake Diablo, but more insane, everything happens instantly, so players don't even know what happened, and they're dead. And make it totally unclear, so damage comes from nowhere. No visual feedback at all, you know? Oh, and make it Online!
OK.. that sounds fun.. but why Online?
Cuz.. dunno.. just make it Online, it's fashionable.
OK, but this is an essentially Offline experience, it doesn't make any sense playing it Online..
Yeayeayea whatever, just make it Online.
Sure.. no probs boss.

I wish I could play this game Offline, with no other awful humans around.

if you want to play a complex game that isnt worked on any more diablo2 should be right along your alley, play a single player game and never meet another human or one of those annoying patches that introduce new content to the game.

The nature of the game is making it kinda mandatory to be online, but you can still play ssf if you dont believe in marketplaces.

My skill trees on my oldest characters have probably been reset like 10 times over the years.
It would be a sad statement if this wasnt the case imo.
"
gotommyg wrote:
Any shot of changing Herald of Ash to use Ignite instead of burning damage?

People keep saying this, like there's an actual difference.

There is no such thing as ignite damage or a chance to burn, Ignite is just the name of the proccing mechanism.

Ignite does Burning / Fire damage. ALL fire dots are Burning / Fire damage.
Any time a fire skill crits or ignites, it deals burning damage.

It functions fundamentally just like poison and bleed.
Poison is chaos damage, and procs off chaos damage.
Bleed is physical damage, and procs off physical damage.

It's idiotic that GGG gave it a different name for the proc, compared to every other effect in the game, but it is what it is.
I am trying at least one burning/ignite build since patch 3.0 every league. Nothing much has changed. Ignite is still horrible outside of Scorching Ray / Righteous Fire / Searing Bond. All of them will stay viable with the changes and maybe even be buffed in some cases.

Burning Arrow and Fireball however are both still in the gutter. They have a short time feeling OK while leveling, but the beyond horrible scaling kills this fast. In the endgame you can't even reach acceptabe non-crit damage of other builds with the best ignite/burning items in the game.

Said items have little defenses like HP or ES too -> see 'Mokou's Embrace' or 'Pyre'. This does't seem to be adressed with those balance changes. Alle the MORE-Multipliers are useless because the base damage is so low with burning/ignite.

The new 'Chance to ignite' is a nice improvement though. Elemental Pen or -ressists of enemies is always welcome. Don't know about 'Ignite Proliferation' yet. The nerfed AOE is just garbage tier since a few patches ago. Same problem with Vortex (cold->fire).

Nerfing EE ... it's about time! Can't tell how much I hate being forced taking that damn keypoint with every build.

Looking forward to the changes, but I fear they are not enough. An overhaul of items and mechanics would be needed more than this bandaid.
Don't forget explosive arrow, the single target is still a complete joke.
Will still be underplayed as long as some boss are immune to ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info