Delirium: Creating the Strange Voice

wee
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
The Strange Voice is simply amazing. The parodies of other chars are awesome, in particular : "Oh, the weary traveler draws close to the end... of his life !" What a great idea !
While the "You will be captured, stupid beast" is too funny (and irritating !)

A lot of things in PoE are Lovecraftian : horror, mysterious monsters that may or may not be illusions created by madness, but the Strange Voice is really the most Lovecraftian of all.

People may complain about the mechanics of the league, but all can agree that Delirium, with its unreal Mist, is true to the spirit of Wraeclast.

(Also please give us back the intro in the prisoner boat :D "Attention, prisoners !")
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Mar 25, 2020, 7:04:00 PM
voice acting is wasted on PoE for me, I'm listening to other stuff. I guess for everybody else it adds an extra dimension and immersion, but I'm not one of those.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
I love it
I like that he sorta sounds like David Bowie.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
About that too harsh lines. Can we read them?
Yes, I would so love to listen, or at least read those harsh lines you mentioned!
That's exactly what I was thinking during the very first trailer : what an awesome voice ! I love this sound processing :D
Nick using Willy Wonka as the inspiration for The Voice really does add on so many layers. Many times while playing, I'll get stuck pondering a line, or laugh at us being "stupid beasts". (It reminds me of when Einhar asks us if we don't have nets. That is my favourite line and I'm glad it doesn't play as often as the others.)

The voice acting is pefect too.

I just want to take a moment to show Kane some love. I have played a fair amount of games over the years, and no other game's sound effects have been as impactful and sexy as PoE's. Well freaking done.
Look, if the Delirium Stranger could just uh... talk to me for a while... I'd... uh... yeah...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info