Changes to the Purposeful Harbinger Notable Passive

No tears will be shed for the loss of those stupid and irresponsible enough to invest in something that so completely and utterly made the game irrelevant. If you want a walking simulator maybe you should play one of the many that are actually available.

Only the hyper rich could afford this, it was a headhunter plus tier build, stop crying that you won't get to enjoy it because quite frankly out of the tens of thousands of people playing the game the most that are affected are in the likelihood of a few hundred (given the level of stocks present on the market for the builds' core items) and they will always find a way to make that currency back. You, any player below that shitbucketeer tier, will never get there.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
Musketoon wrote:
This could all be fixed with a little play testing. After like 6 years of playing this game, I am convinced you guys do almost none.

These builds are too broken, and really it wasn't even a stretch to imagine that. How are all these jewels not limited to 1? Stacking almost anything in this game leads to broken mechanics.

Bad time to mess up a league considering Im getting free government money and tons of free playtime.

I don't get that either. All the notables on the passive tree are limited to one. Then GGG creates new notables on jewels, where the jewels are not unique, and hence multiple copies of said new notables can be chosen. When I first heard of the cluster jewels, my first thought was, someone is going to stack multiple copies of notables and break something. Sure enough. Here we are.

I'm not real sure how GGG didn't know this was going to happen in the first place, and do something up front to ensure multiple copies of notables were not controlled in some manner. The Purposeful Harbinger and End Bringer notables being abused are only OP because the game allows multiple copies of them. If they were limited to one like all the other notables on the tree there would not be a problem.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Mar 30, 2020, 10:49:24 PM
BACK MY EX! BEX!!!

GGG LOSER!
"
acevend00zena wrote:
You being sorry doesnt pay back all the players that decided to go with this herald stacking build their currency, their time wasted, or anything else.
When you have your community manager saying BS on forums that nothing is going to get nerfed and you do the exact opposite is a _very_ stupid way to treat your clients. Instead of fixing so many other bugs you decide and shove these patch notes up our arse mid league and let us hanging w/o anything to play with and having to start from scratch again. It is not the rich or the streamers only that made this build it, according to poe.ninja the 10% of the current players are guardians thats how many people you decided to fuck up with this ridiculous "fix". I really hope this is an april fool's joke but i doubt it..
And for the people that say good job and crap like that i dont see any of you complaining about headhunter all these years that literally does the same thing.

Your tears taste so salty.
Hahahahahahaha
Broken build, broken league, broken economy, broken game, GGG. Good luck guys, I am off.
Well I waited until there was confirmation that this wasn't going to be nerfed before I invested everything I've made from this League into the Build.

With that said, as it has been written, we'll still have 875% damage, 90% Ele resists and 75%-90% Physical Damage Reduction (since Unwavering Faith buffs our skill Auras themselves). That is by no means unusable and we'll still be very strong/tanky. Sure, we lose ES and the AS, but we gain 3 gear slots we can put back towards ES or whatever else we want.

While I've lost a lot of faith in GGG, as long as my build remains strong, I wont quit over it. If it's nerfed into the ground and not comparable with other 50ex+ builds, I'll be done with PoE.

-----

I'm not super rich, I've just been able to be sweaty while in quarantine. The "haha people who spent 200 hours in this League should have their effort deleted because they had more than me" people are pretty pathetic. If my build/gear are made unplayable/unusable I wont recover and that will be me done with PoE.

Please don't assume that people who have spent over 50ex on a build can afford to lose that 50ex, it's proportionally the same loss as any other (and cheaper) build when that's all someone has.

To those who seem to be gloating that the build we were told isn't going to be nerfed is now being nerfed, I would ask what I've done to deserve your vitriol? Played more hours than you?

I've played a total of over 9 days so far this League, I'm potentially going to be put back to square one. Why does my loss make you happy?
Last edited by Daxidol on Mar 30, 2020, 8:56:39 PM
I'm actually glad that it's getting nerfed. That exploit build is just way too game breaking. They even mentioned that the build will still be considered overpowered but no longer game breaking. GJ, GGG.
Honestly never thought I would post something so incredibly against GGG. I have played the game for a very long time. I was one of the people that started playing this build after playing miner a week into the league and before many people, farmed all my currency, and played the league more than I have by this time than any other past league. I understand the nerfs to things like the black cane and tailwind boots, but posting something on reddit saying no nerf then going back and nerfing everything except skill gems is completely unwarranted and completely against everything you have done and said you would do in the past. When the videos were posted on this build about a week ago, something could have been said. I don't get nerfing a build to this extent because of an oversight on your part and because of the crying of people on reddit. This build literally makes other builds cheaper and gives people an end game goal for a build if they want, unlike the self-cruse HH builds in the past, which existed for many leagues before finally being nerfed (never played any build with it and never cared that others did, it did not effect my enjoyment of the game).

People posted about how strong this build would be when the notables were released and nothing was said. If this shows anything, it is that you should begin investing in better QA testers or people other than streamers on your closed league tests to actually test end game builds rather than quick 1 day starter builds.

This type of going back on your word is the same thing that Blizzard does and causing a disconnect in their long term player base (the candle trinket from WOD saying it would not be nerfed and then nerfed a few days later after people bought it).

To quote from the reddit post "What We're Working On" by Bex_GGG in pathofexile

[–]Bex_GGG[S] 37 points 11 days ago*
We're aware of this but we don't want to fix it yet as it'll break too many people's builds. Have fun with it until next league!
Edit: There's a bug where Purposeful Harbinger applies to enemy auras. That is getting fixed.
Edit 2: I don't know why the comment was deleted but it was referring to herald notables.

TL;DR - fix the items that shouldnt be auras, not kill the build you were told/shown almost 2 weeks ago and told us all to enjoy it for the league. Thanks GGG - great credibility going forward!
"
nightofnights wrote:
If you got 60ex to make that build you can get 60ex to make another build, stop being such cry babies

that is a bullshit response and you know it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info