Changes to the Purposeful Harbinger Notable Passive

Wow.... I am done with this league and giving this company money. This is absolute BS.
"
DeusVultz wrote:
"
heff4222 wrote:
This is a lazy fix, and sets an awful precedent. It would be fine and expected had you not told the player base that it would not be nerfed. "It's fine everyone, go and spend your hard earned currency on it." You're not only screwing over the top players and hardcore grinders, but a lot of casuals who wasted everything on half ass, makeshift clones of this build. Stop focusing your time on this, and start focusing on the horrible performance of the game. There are still people who can't get master missions. If this lazy ass fix goes through, before any other game breaking, lagging, disconnecting performance fixes get worked out, I can no longer financially support this company. Not that anyone cares.

I care. And I completely agree with your statements. I spent an insane amount of time and worked my butt off since Day 1 of the league to get these things and once I saw light at the end of the tunnel they just yank the goddamn carpet from under me and many others.
It's not just 0.001% who are "crying" it's normal players too who wanted to achieve something after being told they're not gonna nerf this.

It kinda seems that GGG is out of touch with their game and their community. They bring this overtuned, visually cluttered, perfomance killing and rippy league mechanic into the game and when players find a way to clear it without dying horribly every time, they just kill it like that.

I read once that GGG employed hardcore PoE players into their ranks and they made the game better since their knowledge and love of the game was amazing. Lately with all the issues and miscommunication it seems they've all left. Nobody is testing anything. Nobody is paying attention community feedback or the possible broken/unintended ways the game could be played.

Once the patch goes live and the character is actually dead and unplayable I will just uninstall and move on. I've honestly had enough. You can keep my money but I'm not giving you any more of my time if this is how you guys handle these sensitive matters.

What did you want to 'achieve'? Doing well in the game with something that they've acknowledged is broken? That's no different than using cheats/exploits or buying real money. You're not achieving anything other than exploiting a broken mechanic. There's no love at the end of that tunnel. Anyone who invested AFTER the first announcement were clearly looking for an easy ride to get through the game. I can't think of anything more boring.
Kind of glad I did not play an aura build this league, it would be a nightmare to lose it´s ability to clear content, just because some abuse mechanics that I have never heard of.

It reminds me of summoners, that were amazingly balanced for casuals in Blight and today, they are total crap because some streamers abused it.

GGG, you keep nerfing things that casuals play, because of streamers that abuse mechanics. I just don´think that this is a smart way of doing it. Those who abuse it, will just move somewhere else, while the casuals will be left with broken and useless builds.

Just don´t nerf Bane or chaos damage this league, it´s the only casual build left in the game.
Please just remove the timer so I can play this league without feeling punished for having done so.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
YouLion wrote:
[–]Bex_GGG[S] 37 points 11 days ago*
We're aware of this but we don't want to fix it yet as it'll break too many people's builds. Have fun with it until next league!

That little comment is likely going to haunt Bex for a long time to come. Unlike with the game devs messing things up and she having to take the heat for it, making that comment was entirely her call. She's probably regretting it a lot now lol.

Stay safe, GGG!

It's unfortunate that the community is treated her this way because I would have felt comfortable that they wouldn't be changing it mid-league but obviously there were other things they were seeing in the background that warranted it. I'd go out on a limb and say that not many people on these forums have worked in the corporate world because decisions get overruled or changed quite often.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
DeusVultz wrote:
"
heff4222 wrote:
This is a lazy fix, and sets an awful precedent. It would be fine and expected had you not told the player base that it would not be nerfed. "It's fine everyone, go and spend your hard earned currency on it." You're not only screwing over the top players and hardcore grinders, but a lot of casuals who wasted everything on half ass, makeshift clones of this build. Stop focusing your time on this, and start focusing on the horrible performance of the game. There are still people who can't get master missions. If this lazy ass fix goes through, before any other game breaking, lagging, disconnecting performance fixes get worked out, I can no longer financially support this company. Not that anyone cares.

I care. And I completely agree with your statements. I spent an insane amount of time and worked my butt off since Day 1 of the league to get these things and once I saw light at the end of the tunnel they just yank the goddamn carpet from under me and many others.
It's not just 0.001% who are "crying" it's normal players too who wanted to achieve something after being told they're not gonna nerf this.

It kinda seems that GGG is out of touch with their game and their community. They bring this overtuned, visually cluttered, perfomance killing and rippy league mechanic into the game and when players find a way to clear it without dying horribly every time, they just kill it like that.

I read once that GGG employed hardcore PoE players into their ranks and they made the game better since their knowledge and love of the game was amazing. Lately with all the issues and miscommunication it seems they've all left. Nobody is testing anything. Nobody is paying attention community feedback or the possible broken/unintended ways the game could be played.

Once the patch goes live and the character is actually dead and unplayable I will just uninstall and move on. I've honestly had enough. You can keep my money but I'm not giving you any more of my time if this is how you guys handle these sensitive matters.

What did you want to 'achieve'? Doing well in the game with something that they've acknowledged is broken? That's no different than using cheats/exploits or buying real money. You're not achieving anything other than exploiting a broken mechanic. There's no love at the end of that tunnel. Anyone who invested AFTER the first announcement were clearly looking for an easy ride to get through the game. I can't think of anything more boring.

Yes, I'm always looking for the worst builds out there to challenge myself - just like anyone else. /s

Seriously?
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:

Oh no, someone is having fun in a different way than you.

How about playing the game for your own fun?

He's completely right by the way. If there wasn't technical reasons for the nerf (which could be a reason, the servers were laggy for last days, and it could be because of insane amount of calculations caused by the build), this is worst change ever.
"
Good.

This was allowing players to facetank Shaper's Beam in Uber Elder fight and to AFK in Sirus' storms.

You cannot honestly believe things like that should be allowed or be good for the health of the game.

but you got to understand people invested their time to reach that point.. its not like they equip tabula rasa and facetank sirus... if you play 5 hours a day vs someone who plays 14/day.. obviously the people who lives in wraeclast will always push their characters over the limit.. if not whats the point? manni will be 100 in 3 days then what will he do after?

also look at myself, i spend the entire week farming bc 10-12hrs/day spend the currency to start of the gear.. then no less than 12 hours they make this announcement.. i just wasted my time trying to catch up with the voices/purposeful herald stacking build.. not only i lose the build, but also about to lose the currency i spend because i can never sell the gears i got for how much i bought them..

i really love the devs of this game, but this kind of decision will kill their company for sure.. what about future leagues? you find something strong.. invest then gutted? how would you feel about it...
"
Vandyan wrote:
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
Mischief67 wrote:
Fantastic news.

Really when you fail to patch things like that because "people invested" then I know you're goners as a business and you're only care is $$$ and not making a good game.

Glad to see you got some backbone left.

Probably the most sensible thing said in this post. 99% of the time people have a shot at game developers for doing things for money and not caring about the game. This time one does that and the world falls apart for people. At least give someone a choice that's not lose-lose.

Now, I agree with the nerf, I think it is the only sensible move, however to play devils advocate, this past weekend had a huge skill effect MTX sale, and I would wager that they sold a massive number of herald MTXs over the weekend, only to make this announcement the day after the sale ends.

Seems like they're playing both sides when you look at it from that angle.

We all know that these sales roll through every league though. I think it's just coincidence that this happened when the skill effects sale was on. I've got no doubt they pocketed more money than normal this week. How do you determine what was purely from COVID-19 and people all being home from work and what was from a broken skill? Maybe a small donation to charity may be in order?
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:

So only you can decide what is boring and what is fun?Someone wants a struggle, someone having fun with a light right.
You even didn't hit 90th lvl in 3 week, even though it so easy nowadays.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info