Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store

-edited-
Last edited by Atlantis_arch on Aug 29, 2020, 10:17:06 AM
"
Drakaris wrote:
"
We are looking forward to making Path of Exile available to even more Action RPG fans to play alongside the existing PC community.

Which is exactly the opposite of what Epic does with their disgusting game store - desperate to divide the PC gaming community with their exclusive garbage. But considering that you are pretty much owned by Tencent and Epic is like half owned by them, I'm not surprised. I mean you don't really have a choice, I understand that, you sold yourself to one of the worst possible companies in the world after all.

It's just money. Epic approaches a publisher and says "You want more money, yes?". The publisher says yes. Big surprise it ends up on the Epic store for a year!

Though I completely fail to see how adding PoE to another launcher would divide anybody - then again, there was well forgotten pushback when they announced it was going on Steam many years ago lol don't worry too much about it
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Drakaris wrote:
"
We are looking forward to making Path of Exile available to even more Action RPG fans to play alongside the existing PC community.

Which is exactly the opposite of what Epic does with their disgusting game store - desperate to divide the PC gaming community with their exclusive garbage. But considering that you are pretty much owned by Tencent and Epic is like half owned by them, I'm not surprised. I mean you don't really have a choice, I understand that, you sold yourself to one of the worst possible companies in the world after all.

It's just money. Epic approaches a publisher and says "You want more money, yes?". The publisher says yes. Big surprise it ends up on the Epic store for a year!

Though I completely fail to see how adding PoE to another launcher would divide anybody - then again, there was well forgotten pushback when they announced it was going on Steam many years ago lol don't worry too much about it

No, no, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on PoE going to the EGS (I'm not hating on anything going to the EGS as long as it is not an EXCLUSIVE). I'm just hating on EGS here BECAUSE of their "exclusive" bullshit. As a customer it's obvious that I will hate this.

But as a software developer myself, if my boss says "Yes" to such deal and I get a bigger bank account... obviously I will love it. I'm a bit of a hypocrite here and I know it.

I just hate the way they worded it. Because the EGS is all about dividing the community with these exclusives and everyone and their cat, dog and the kitchen sink knows it.
Last edited by Drakaris on Aug 29, 2020, 4:39:17 AM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Drakaris wrote:
"

No, no, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on PoE going to the EGS (I'm not hating on anything going to the EGS as long as it is not an EXCLUSIVE). I'm just hating on EGS here BECAUSE of their "exclusive" bullshit. As a customer it's obvious that I will hate this.

But as a software developer myself, if my boss says "Yes" to such deal and I get a bigger bank account... obviously I will love it. I'm a bit of a hypocrite here and I know it.

I just hate the way they worded it. Because the EGS is all about dividing the community with these exclusives and everyone and their cat, dog and the kitchen sink knows it.

You are taking into account that Steam is virtually a monopoly currently? Competition is somewhat good in this case. If Steam eventually backs down and reduces the cut they take from developers then Epic has even stated they won't put out exclusives anymore.
Last edited by doomslace on Aug 29, 2020, 4:48:39 AM
"
doomslace wrote:
You are taking into account that Steam is virtually a monopoly currently? Competition is somewhat good in this case. If Steam eventually backs down and reduces the cut they take from developers then Epic has even stated they won't put out exclusives anymore.

In case of PoE it's not a monopoly considering than more people play with the standalone client.

In case of exclusive games, EGS is the monopoly because... well, the exclusive part.

If you think that Epic will not attempt to get more exclusives if Steam "reduces their cut"... You're just extremely naive and gullible. I mean anyone who thinks that EGS is doing this "for the developers" and as laughable as it sounds - "THE CUSTOMERS"... I don't know... No one can measure such levels of stupidity.
Last edited by Drakaris on Aug 29, 2020, 5:06:09 AM
Are we finally getting a Looting Pet? Maybe auction house?

The looting PET is a serius issue, in a game where loot/crafting stuff has such a huge amount of click requirement to be picked up, there MUST be a looting pet in order to preserve the player's health.

How the F havent you realized yet? Tons of ppl saying that. After playing 2 leagues straight, my wrists are asking me to quit.

China version has it.
Just limit the amount of drops you can choose.

On Rohan Blood Feud, our looting pet (Golden Monkey? don recal the name)
Had 1 option lvl 1, 2 option lvl 2, 3 optiton level 3, categorized on item types.

Let's say: Mr pet, pick up alteratitons, chance orbs, and blacksmith weatstones.

That would save us a FUCKTON of clicking.

Do something IN FACT good for the community.
"
Kalebraa wrote:
While this is probably a good thing for GGG, I'm glad no one I know uses Epic games, as I've only heard negative things about Epic games.

Sounds like bad friends. Me I got a lot of free games. I mean, free is free.
the fortnite kids will finally know what good games are
"
Sazzbot wrote:
"
Kalebraa wrote:
While this is probably a good thing for GGG, I'm glad no one I know uses Epic games, as I've only heard negative things about Epic games.

Sounds like bad friends. Me I got a lot of free games. I mean, free is free.

Nothing in this world is free.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Aug 29, 2020, 9:16:51 AM
"
Kalebraa wrote:

Got alot of free games from them, they are great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info