Alternate Quality Gems in Path of Exile: Heist

Basically what I expected - from the pointless and asinine, to the kind of neat, to the "why does this exist?" to the "am I reading this right?"

Not much build enabling, mostly tradeoffs, and then some weird stuff like Arcane Surge that doesn't really make any sense if it's shown at 20% quality here. Also, things like Lightning Tendrils are duplicated here. Spell Echo actually has a useful Alternate, hurray!

Honestly, looking at all of this, I really wish it was 1) implemented in a non-league fashion, 2) honestly not implemented at all, or 3) implemented in such a way that quality on gems actually made more sense from the beginning.

Frankly, if this is the future of gems, we should get to pick a variant of which one we want from the very moment we get it, and it should start at 5% quality.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
not bad not bad
Can someone explain "Inflict non-Damaging Ailments as though dealing 100% more Damage" on barrage? All hits that cause ailments do double damage instead?
"
Twilithikari wrote:
Can someone explain "Inflict non-Damaging Ailments as though dealing 100% more Damage" on barrage? All hits that cause ailments do double damage instead?

things like shock and chill have greater/lesser effect depending on damage, the "as though dealing 100% more Damage" ensures consistency in those chill/shock effects etc
There is no way to give own gem the AltQ I want, right?
Followed by Helmet Enchant, Watcher's Eye, and Cluster Jewel, you will add what SSF players have to give up getting it.
Holy lab helmet enchantment 2.0.

1/800 chance of getting the right alternate quality on the gem you want. And let's be honest a good third of these are useless/troll which means they are going to be the most frequent to come from Grand Heists. Like the plethora of not-so-uniques that end up being prophecy/vendor trash, so too will the majority of these.

oh and if you want multiples... RNJesus save you
Last edited by cmilles on Sep 17, 2020, 11:59:29 AM
Most of these are insignificant.
Quite a few of these alt version are just basically not worth ever using, there are a small handful that seem like they could be useful but most are either barely anything or actually detrimental to the skills. Kinda disappointed...
"Slower Projectiles Support
Default : Supported Skills deal 15% increased Projectile Damage
Alternate Quality 1 : Supported Skills deal 10% increased Projectile Damage to nearby Enemies"

it is just bad ? it is less bonus damage, and only at short range...
TLDR; Feels bad man, league will probably be great as always but until I get over myself and the loss of the only build I did from scratch I will probably lurk on forums to find a build to have “fun” copying sm else work.

Oh well, every league I played as self casting firestorm char, I wish changes only applied to triggered by CoC, CwC, CoD, spellslinger and item triggered (or at least the 3 cast limit should only apply to trigger cast) as current changes basically kill solo self cast firestorm builds. And let’s not kid ourselves there was abysmal amount of players (0,0% on poe ninja) choosing this skill for self cast. I won’t gonna lie this is the first time since I started playing years ago that I feel F-ed by changes. My main source of joy in this game was taken away, I guess now that a build I created and tried to perfect over time was literally killed, I’ll have to resort to copying sm else work and try to get any fun from being a copycat. Funny thing is that there is only one character on poeninja that uses firestorm and it’s a CoC build.

GGG I beg you to reconsider limit to only apply to trigger mechanics

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info