macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

Any news on this ? it would be amazing if it works !
"
Anybody else getting a flickering screen from the log in screen? I tried playing around with the in game settings as well as my own Mac settings, and nothing seems to help. Despite the flickering screen while playing it runs smoothly, that seems to be my only issue.

Curious as to how you were able to install it and the installer crashes every single time I try.
The newest update with streamable textures ruined it all. The screen goes so blurry during delirium that you are just running blindly.
Otherwise - got 94, every major boss down and everything on an unstable mac client - I count this as a success
Last edited by Haote on Jan 31, 2021, 2:38:23 PM
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Anybody else getting a flickering screen from the log in screen? I tried playing around with the in game settings as well as my own Mac settings, and nothing seems to help. Despite the flickering screen while playing it runs smoothly, that seems to be my only issue.

Curious as to how you were able to install it and the installer crashes every single time I try.

Can confirm this is happening to me as well.
Not only blurry but not usable at all. All graphics are with very low quality and everything is pixelated. After the patch i was unable to play. Total disaster.
Tragic, I thought macOS was supported...
"
Zuuule wrote:
"

Yeah, I got the same issue. The installer didn't even start and I got a error message. I found this thread with (a little) hppe that this can be fixed =(
Support sent a link to this same thread when I asked for an update.

This forum post was helpful: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/path-of-exile-for-mac.2255134/

Before launching the client to install, I entered the terminal command.

Not sure how that makes a difference, but it plays great.

"
Haote wrote:
Hey,

Running on:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) Quad-Core Intel Core i7 2,5 GHz with 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM - 512 GB SDD - CATALINA 10.15.7

The FPS drops are a pain, can't get even a stable 25 FPS (on maps with some clutter the FPS drops to about 12 FPS)
Tried running in low res mode, tried easyre - nothing works.
Is my MAC too old for running POE?

Any help?
cheers

So sorry for the necro bump but I am having the exact same issue, basically the FPS is terrible if you happen to have the GT 750M. Of course this isn't a top end card, but it should be able to run PoE on lowish graphics settings at a lower dynamic resolution at ~60 FPS
Hey,

Running on:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) Quad-Core Intel Core i7 2,5 GHz with 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM - 512 GB SDD - BIG SURE 11.4

The dynamic resolution even on low graphic preferences gives me an enormous amount of big squares on textures. I tried turning off the dynamic resolution, but that gave me 6 - 8 fps at the game.

What can I do to repair that or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info