What We're Working On for Ultimatum

this is hilarious...

actually im stuck and bored as never before... jez, no maps -> how should i even push all these mechanics without maps? alva in whitemaps ? i guess not. ;)

and all these oneshots in the mechanic, this feels so random
Texture streaming isn't so bad for me personally but it is worse than it has been before, it would be nice if you looked into it.

What I want is the loot from ultimatums upped to what they were before the exploit hotfix because now it's equivalent to killing 4 rare mobs even going through all the challenges.

My luck on the rewards is bad but the mechanic felt rewarding because the loot was still good (not abusing it since solo play) and now it actually feels incredibly unrewarding and considering the risk of it the rewards are disproportionate.

I am not in red maps because, well, map sustain bad so I can't speak for those but with a build that works with the mechanic (don't stand still too much) it seems perfectly doable.
Last edited by MrPsykoziz on Apr 22, 2021, 3:42:01 PM
"
Redblade wrote:

Also, we're coming up on a week soon and I've yet to find a single good craft from Harvest...you could literally have removed it from game.

I ran harvest no life the last two days in STD and saw 0 augments. 0 add/removes, 0 white sockets (never seen one since harvests came in, not 1), 0 lock prefix rerolls. 0 good rolls for anything period. So it is now worse than it was before for those of us who didn't have a cabal of friends in discord. At least in the last iteration I could grind to get good harvests. Now that doesn't even seem possible, even though you completely changed what items can even have the mods done.

So whats the endgame now? I can't craft with Harvest.

I can't run Deli maps without weeks of grind.

I cant run fractured heists anymore.

Whats the endgame after you beat Maven?

With Harvest crafts I had something to work towards. Now I am just wondering why I even need to bother to log on.

thx
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan
GGG, plz, keep current exp in Ultimatum, let people to have fun this league!
Gets me every time when people talk about endgame one week after league/season/expansion release 😅
Please consider giving the overall difficulty of Ultimatums at early-endgame a look.

Something feels badly out of whack risk/reward wise. I never thought I'd say this - but I miss Rituals.
I am a long way from "end-game" but the risk/reward of the Ultimatums seem totally out of whack.

I am a miner so the mechanics of the Ultimatums is somewhat easier for me (can fill the screen before the mobs spawn -- can keep running whilst dropping mines and traps, etc) but even I find the encounters unreliable. Some are easy as pie and others are insta-deaths. I will do the first level of each Ultimatum because I can pre-fill the screen with mines, but after that it is just craziness. I cant imagine how much hell these Ultimatums must be for a Bow toon. You have to stop and fire at them???? That is death. Probably ok for a cyclone toon if you have nice rig (otherwise the lag would toast you).

Any toon who has to shoot/strike/cast in a directional manner to do damage is simply screwed. I thought Rituals for tough for them, but at least you had room to Dash and shoot. These are micro-zones of death with escalating skills that shrink the area with every level.

I hope they change these encounters soon. Without them the league is just a nerfed version of some past leagues (no loot, no maps, no fun).
look another avoidance of whats going on...like you care anyways...why even bother posting anything
"
vio wrote:
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
vio wrote:

from my point of view they did a amazing job.

Sure, amazing job when you have a league start that looked like it was planned and executes by children and with streamers skipping queues on top of it.

Yeah, amazing job indeed.

beside their streamer priority issue which reasoning also escapes me, how could they have handled the league start better?

they did load tests with bots and everything before the league started and couldn't find the database shard size issue they ran into.

you think children can setup a postgreSQL database cluster to simultaniously serve millions of players?

could you do the job?

LMAO wow if you actually think in your mind they did ANY testing at ALL then you have much bigger problems...just because they say they did literally means nothing...if they "tested" it they would have seen the issue and there wouldn't have been an issue at all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info