Development Stories: Path of Exile 2 Narrative Design Philosophies

You'd think he'd have gotten over it after 20 years - assuming Irasha hasn't had him strangled ....
Great Post. Thank you.

I would really like to see more of Oriath and the surrounding areas. Maybe including the facts happening with Sirius and the destruction of our fight with him.
Nice.. I like the all idea..

I´D like to see Grigor in is journey to the Ezomite...

My favorite places are:

-The ledge
-The ridge
-The mines
And i like to see what happens whit Lioneyes`watch, is people...

great job :)
SHADOW_DIMIR
Last edited by ViriathusXX on Apr 23, 2021, 5:24:25 AM
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
"
Arterton wrote:

I hate Einar's personality with passion.

"You know, Einhar usually likes when people put their heart into something. Like my friend! He used to be the best blacksmith in all of Ezomyr. So it was only a matter of time before I asked him to join me on my hunts to revere the First Ones. But for no reason, he started to attack me instead! Einhar did not understand why his good friend did that! Arterton reminds me of my old friend. I love passion, but I do not love Arterton."

This made me giggle! :)

I hope to see some sort of the "old" intro to the game. I didn't played much beyond Ledge then, but I remember how dark and hopless I felt as character.

More choice based progression (it's an RPG after all?)

More weapons and other useful things that have a unique feature, spell or ability to summon some "genie in a bottle"?

Much love to ALL involved in making PoE!
Oohh.. Look at that!
Last edited by KurtVresig on Apr 23, 2021, 5:20:26 AM
Clearly Fairgraves, Piety, Grigor, Nessa, Clarissa, Alira.
Lionseye´s Watch, Crossroads, thats it.
Perhaps some more background to Gruthkul.
hic Rhodus, hic salta
I'm really looking forward to the second part, even if I haven't even started to get the first one right and I'm in my official, second season :D
"
hexadecima wrote:
I'm terrified that if Zana returns in PoE 2 they're going to try to butcher her character.

I still hope we will get Zana boss fight before PoE2, maybe in next Atlas expansion in December. There is no reason for the Exile to ally with someone who would easily lock you within the Atlas and leave you there. Other Masters are fine, though.
"
Observador wrote:
I'm glad that they are slowing down a bit, as I heard and saw on the announcement.[/i]

They don't.
You can still clear PoE2 as fast as you're able to clear PoE1, they confirmed it in the Q&A. They just used suboptimal and slow character in the showcase, because their goal was to show environment and not speedrunning for 10+ time.
To answer your question, what I'd love to see in POE2 is not necessary the completion of previous stories seeded in POE1, but perhaps small continuations to them, such as:

- Einhar and the First Ones: Even if the first ones don't make a focused comeback, how does Einhar justify 20 years passing with the return of the First Ones still not happening? Does he still believe they're imminent?
- If Niko is still alive after huffing so much Sulphite for another 20 years, is he still sane enough to interact with Exiles? He could be an Azurite-infused antagonist.
- I don't see Kirac having as central a story (if a story at all) in POE2 compared to POE1's current endgame, but perhaps he's found some new purpose/function working alongside Zana to keep the forces of the Atlas at bay?
- It would be awesome if you could find Cassia dealing with some blighted zone in a map, one that is more permanent and dangerous compared to the temporary nature of all blights in POE1.
- Jun's story is pretty much complete in POE1, but her being such a central character does open up possibilities for a new arc to her story, maybe something related to the Ring
- Fishing
- Innocence said he's be going away for a while, well... it's been a while!
- Corruption seems to be an important theme, as per the most recent gameplay trailer, so I reckon this could be the best time to expand on Atziri. From what I've gathered in the sparse post-apocalypse Vaal lore, she's canonically chilling in the Alluring Abyss. Idk if she'd want to leave what is basically her own pocket dimension, but her being released back into the world would certainly feel pretty momentous.
- With there being a power vacuum in the atlas right now (conquerors dead, maven back in void daycare), who is the new big bad there? Bonus points for it being a returning character!
of course I'd like to see some old foes and perhaps a few old allys
Last edited by Rinkie on Apr 23, 2021, 6:44:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info