Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

No need to bring it back later; we already have ritual anyway. Add the dude to rituals instead if you like him and give ritual a few more monsters back like it used to have and be done with it i'd say. Good riddance.

Look, I get it, GGG likes to make fun of their consumer base, and belittle and laugh at them and that's why you keep designing run-in-circles-like-a-hamster leagues

I get it.

I really do.

But nothing in this game should require you to stand still or run in circles.

Ultimatum should have been one mini-boss fight, sometimes w 2-4adds, sometimes 0

Trialmaster should be every 5th completed fight and his loot pool should contains 12-18 items

I'm happy for you guy your labour of love is successful, wildly successful.

But you still are beholden to people you are asking money from.

"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Look, I get it, GGG likes to make fun of their consumer base, and belittle and laugh at them and that's why you keep designing run-in-circles-like-a-hamster leagues

I get it.

I really do.

But nothing in this game should require you to stand still or run in circles.

Ultimatum should have been one mini-boss fight, sometimes w 2-4adds, sometimes 0

Trialmaster should be every 5th completed fight and his loot pool should contains 12-18 items

I'm happy for you guy your labour of love is successful, wildly successful.

But you still are beholden to people you are asking money from.

I don't know if you can really blame them. After everyone hated the memory nexus since it required a brain, leagues have gotten worse and simpler and GGG is probably jaded and feels like the community just wants braindead stuff that gives loot explosions. They tried to go big again with Heist and got shit on(understandingly so in most cases), too, so I guess they just want to keep things simple. It is pretty worrisome that they couldn't even get the balance of a simple league like ultimatum right though. Besides Syndicate and Delirium, I don't think I've really enjoyed a league mechanic since synthesis.
Last edited by jrv209 on Jun 30, 2021, 1:20:37 AM
"
turtlex3 wrote:
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW

BUFF SPECTRAL THROW
Sadge for ultimatum !
But yes maybe Rituals and ultimatums together is to much.
And you decide to keep the boring mechanic without a boss...

hype for 3.15 :D
Restore Harvest
PORK
Oh no, no TM hunting with 1-2% spawn rate on top of 8-10% event rate next league; what a miss.
The so hyped rewards were nowhere offered for me anyways, so I will not miss it at all.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
trial master spawn rate was kinda decent ( once per 50 map ) according to few sources
The issue were that it was determined the moment you zoned into the map so every time you skipped ultimatum or finished early because a reward was good and you didn't want to lose, there is a chance you missed your trial master
Last edited by sanmaru on Jun 30, 2021, 1:50:01 AM
BRING BACK 3.13 HARVEST

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info