Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

Please make it like Heist implementation to the Core Game: let the player randomly find a Smuggler's cache instead of adding Ultimatum in some way so that it triggers the pool of available random league mechanics in maps. It would be sad if the proc of Ultimatum would take away i.e. a random Zana spawn.

The Smuggler's cache is great: people like me who think that Heist is the worst league mechanic ever can either ignore it completely without losing anything or just pick up the blueprint etc. for sale. Than the players just remove contracts dropped from mobs from the loot filter (unfortunately they continue to harm the loot drop options) and the game is enjoyable as if Heist wouldn't even exist at all.

Since caches are already taken, use for example a Stone Circle (as the symbol of the most hateable of the Ultimatum mechanics), if you step in you drop a (tradeable) invitation to a Trial Master realm for the sickos who have enjoyed this league.

Please don't forget that we would then also need a stash tab / a dedicated stash item in the hideout where we can store such invitations easily like contracts and blueprints
Good thing even tough i truly believe there's potential there.

If it ever comes back, please don't keep the "Ruin" or "Stalking Ruin" options and maybe make the Utzaal Arena completely open. It doesn't even show up on the Inscribed Ult's list of mods, making some challenges that look tough, but feasable, impossible to complete when my character taking up to a third of my screen with enough Nemesis mods.

Remove Ritual and keep Ultimatum. Much better for SSF and due to mob density it isn't even problem to have slower maps occasionally. Removing Ultimatum is only excuse for pathetic PoE engine performance on less powerful PCs.
I hope ultimatum remains forgotten. Meh league.
So we will never see the content again. Every single league you guys claim to like and want to bring back, never comes back. Maybe a shitty item from the league is thrown into some of the loot tables to dilute the pool of usable stuff but that's about it.

Not a bad thing to not keep it, game honestly has to much stuff in core and some of it could be removed and this league was mostly complete dogshit suckery. for fucks sake, BOT ACCOUNTS to flip currency quit the league weeks ago and you know how much it sucks to trade currency with real humans.
"
Remove Ritual and keep Ultimatum. Much better for SSF and due to mob density it isn't even problem to have slower maps occasionally. Removing Ultimatum is only excuse for pathetic PoE engine performance on less powerful PCs.

True
"
Prov1eh wrote:
you let heist go core but not ultimatum? what

What? lol
Honestly, I'm glad that this mechanic isn't coming into core, and not for the reason most would think. It's not because of the loot, but because of the Trialmaster himself. (The mechanic itself was fine to me, though a larger circle would have been nice.)

I had a friend of mine playing this with me and he came to me at one point telling me that the Trialmaster's berating him reminded him too much of real life trauma he went through. The Trialmaster, if you kept losing, comes across as verbally abusive to those that have gone through that for most of their childhood, especially those of the Autism Spectrum (who tend to go through a lot of physical and/or verbal abuse growing up). He inflicts the feeling that the player isn't good enough, even if they've done all they can to make the best character they can make, which can cause a downward spiral of depression that can make it an ass to bring them out of. Doesn't help that the Trialmaster is directly talking not to the character, but to YOU, THE PLAYER, so it comes across as a direct attack.

For those that want to say that he should 'man up', don't. I'm here to say that the Trialmaster in specific shouldn't be in the game to begin with because he actually is harmful to people that might want to play otherwise. No other NPC triggered this reaction with my friend, so this issue is currently unique to the Trialmaster.
Last edited by TesabilityBlack on Jul 13, 2021, 8:35:20 AM
I hope ultimatum comes back after it is balanced, it was a fun experience.
Random chance must dictate you win... occasionally.

Has to be my favorite line because of his character :') He'll complain about you getting lucky then, 12 wins later, you finally get sniped and he's all smug like haaa loser I won all skill btw no RNG involved whatsoever :P That annoying little brat we used to meet in CoD hardcoded into PoE that was pretty funny xD

The second must be the "However will you beat that last performance" line cus it's just so incredibly loaded with sarcasm :p Ngl this is probably one of your best work NPC-wise. Just a bit unfortunate that it ended up being paired with so many issues on the side on top of a massive nerfstreak and a repetition feeling of the last league mechanic. The fact this league didn't absolutely tank is either a miracle or a testament to its good design.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info