Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

where is it?
In my opinion Ultimatum was the best league mechanic since Delirium. The decision is very awkward.

In retrospective there's nothing good I can remember about the leagues in between: Ritual was like patched down Ultimatum - not paced with the game and poorly integrated in mapping - required the isolated area; Heist was completely split from mapping and without great rewards is just a waste of time and inventory slots; Harvest is similarly very reward dependant (like in this iteration it became chaos spam with stash usage restrictions) and stands very segregated from mapping (it's initial implementation also required horrid setup part which I don't even want to remind myself of which lead to delay of it going core).

Honestly not only I don't see any crucial mistakes like with initial Harvest that would warrant delay, I don't see why anyone would want to play those 3 mentioned mechanics (and many other existing past mechanics) instead of Ultimatum. It was simple, engaging, fluid and somewhat rewarding, skippable even in between(!) and keeping current rewards(!!!) if you leave after finishing a round. I guess the only annoying thing about Ultimatum was the spawn rate of the Trialmaster - and that was seen easily only because I actually played the mechanic instead of skipping it like other boring ones.
i really think ultimatum should replace ritual. they are too similar and in my opinion ritual is much worse
Last edited by Aevee on Jul 1, 2021, 5:23:02 PM
Where's the teaser?
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Wish it would never go core. Especially nerfed, as you plan.
just let it die out
I really like the content of the game mechanic of the Ultimatum league and I think that it's okay with what is going on, on screen because in a way you can by running circles around them guide or 'lead' them in basically being harmless but.

That being said with cyclone it's easy. I can very well imagine that with some other classes (like perhaps the witch, elementalist) things can get pretty much hectic fast so.

All in all thank you for introducing the game mechanic of Ultimatum and basically keeping it open for a future re-implementation.
Pog
https://www.pathofexile.com/
THANK GOD!

That was the lamest league mechanic _ever_!

And please just dump it and don´t ever bring it back, thx!
"
You guys don't make any damn sense, how come you never made changes to it during the league before the playerbase was deflated? "Oh we might make changes to it in the future" oh yeah just like you've said about a million other things, see you in 5 years ultimatum.
One could hope that the almost total absence of any improvement / balance of Ultimatum during the league is an indicator that more or less the entire team has started to work on 3.15 from day 5 of league start onwards (once Ultimatum servers went from alpha to beta). From what I get in the teaser video, 3.15 will be a kind of Delirium league hopefully without the fog and other visual bloat that destroys the game performance -> you progress, and the more flag poles with loot symbols you pass, the harder gets the difficulty and the more loot explosions should follow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info