Will Ultimatum Become a Core Game Mechanic?

"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
They do communicate. They take feedback. Clearly. And that is why we are in the shtshow we are atm. People think "take the players feedbaaaack, communicate with theeeem" solves all problems. Yeah, most players have zero clue wtf is going on or what they want. One second complaining the game is too fast, one second too slow a league so speed it up, one second the game is too ez, when they rev amp it the game is overwhelming, and on the shtshow goes.

yes yes, communicating with players, that will save us.
Its the very thing that has gotten PoE on a downward slope for the last year and more. Player feedback.

Every league, I swear, every league. Even Delirium, "turn off the timeeeer!" Then wtf is the point to delirium orbs mate?

I don't even anymore.

first, they don't communicate. GGG posts something about game changes and then completely ignore thousands of posts by their players. i'm not talking about anything specific here, just in general. looking through the forums and reading is all you have to do to see that.

communicating with customers/players is what a GOOD company does. if a company can't handle the flood of complaints/issues in the forums, then remove the forum. the forum software has several issues with it as well as the game itself which is not surprising at all. most of the forum issues i see, i could fix in a matter of a couple of hours. but, since the forum has ties to the game, which the game itself is broken, these issues will never get fixed as a lot of the game coding itself is a mess just from what i see on the client side.

but sadly, GGG is just going to dump more flawed code onto an already broken game just making things worse. it's a vicious cycle that likely will never end
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
/rant

They DO communicate, you just don't like what they say so you ignore it. There can be a thousand threads of players complaining about trade, for example, but GGG only needs to communicate once what their thoughts are and that is it. And in this example they have communicated, multiple times, their thoughts on trade.

If you do not like the game, or you do not like the company, or you do not like a mix of both, then play something else. You are not required, expected to, or being held hostage to play POE. It really is that simple.

Whatever issues you have with the game, I assure you that you are not alone and that the issue, whatever it is*, has been brought to the attention of the devs. Community managers aren't just there to post responses, part of their job is to read through thousands of posts a day gathering feedback from the community to take to the team to discuss.

Yes, it takes time for a company to discuss as a team what their thoughts are on a particular issue that is brought to them. They are people just like you and I and they are all going to have differing opinions to some degree, and sometimes they don't come up with a clear answer right away. However, when they do have an answer they all can agree on, we DO get posts from the company detailing their thoughts and plans.

I am so sick of the whining in this community about GGG not communicating, or that Chris Wilson is the worst thing to happen to Path of Exile. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A GAME AT ALL IF NOT FOR HIM AND HIS FRIENDS WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF EVERYDAY TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO ENJOY! I swear, I don't remember what thread it was in, but I have seen people actually express that very thought about Chris. That he is out of touch and needs to step down. People who think like that will never be happy, they will always find something else to complain about and blame, when really their problem is they aren't willing to allow themselves to play something else and forget about this game.

/end rant

*Sometimes an issue is new and you are one of the first to experience it, so please report it.
Last edited by Glowy on Jul 1, 2021, 12:15:43 PM
Trialmaster spawn rate was too low.I run shit load of maps and get master only once.
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
"We would want to improve the combat of Ultimatum encounters so that the experience is less overwhelming and more tactical. While we do like things to be challenging, we currently feel that there are too many monsters spawning within the tight space of the circle and too many things going on at once."

I don't think I've seen anything from GGG that lacks self awareness to the degree of these two sentences. You guys do nothing but make content "overwhelming." Heist is still a clusterfuck of infinite rare mobs layering their auras. There hasn't been tactical combat in this game for YEARS, it's been nothing but overwhelm-or-be-overwhelmed. If you wanted to actually do as you say, you'd stop throwing infinite mob swarms at us.

Agreed. You can thank the feedback for all that. Soon as they go for something more tactical people whine they can't rush through maps anymore.

The whole point of Heist initially was to bring the new stealth/awareness/blind mechanics into play as well, and at first was more tactical and a quick rush to get out before they kill you. It quickly became a whinefest so they started changing things over and over again making each mechanic in it pointless to turn them into mini-maps people would just go into to exploit the endless mobs for xp. And viola, they nerfed that too making xp farming in there not possible either.

If anyone is to blame its this insane community that has zero clue of wtf it wants. One seconds its asking for one thing, then complains when it gets it for something else. "Game is too fast"... "Game is too slow"..."Game is too easy"... "You nerfed my build to the ground and I am getting one shot from nowhere, we wanted hard but not silly"... Yeah, you try balancing 100+ build possibilities without it scaling to the point where the only thing that wont feel EEEZZZ to some flexers out there is that one shot that passes through all other defense layers. (Another whole topic of its own... They meta build or run around with 200ex characters and then have the audacity to call the game ez)

And GGG are simply having a beer laughing at the feedback like "ok, sure, we'll change this mechanic, why not. Ok, sure, you want harder? Well why spawn bosses in succession in Maven, lets overwhelm you" xD

Then they sit and say they don't want to overwhelm the players. They might not want to, but the players are asking for it all the same, and they listen to the feedback going in that direction regardless.

Irony doesn't begin to cover the half of it.

You know what you really make people happy? A death log.
30% physical
7% bleed
14% fire
40% chaos
9% poison
15 secs

This way you can get valuable feedback on why you died. Or ask community what you need to do to fix why you died.
Where Announcement

BUFF PathFinder
Instant reaction without much thought: Remove Ritual and keep Ultimatum. I had more fun with Ultimatum.
I mean this seems to be a bad decision? Every league seems to have ppl which like it or not. But for the game the bigger variety of choices we got the longer we may play if we like...
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
anyone know when the live stream will begin?
`this->moveToThread(this)` — это как сначала закинуть удочку, а потом следом кинуть саму удочку (С)
Gimme teaser.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info