What We're Working On

Agreeing on logbooks and reroll currencies (other than the gamble one) being too rare. The league mechanic is megafun but I wish there were more logbooks to run and Expedition crafting/haggling.

Don't be afraid of the nerfs, just find a playable build (there are some, trust me) and enjoy it. If the design model of 'Players enjoy doing something different every league plus a little bit of power creep' is to continue in PoE2 it's obvious that everything should be nerfed to a certain level before the PoE2 launch. With this the model can start working again in PoE2 without power creep being too... powerful.
Since 3.9, this is the shortest time I've spent playing a league. Also, the first league I haven't spent a dime. I'm done as it is simply no longer fun for me.

Hope you revert or at least make a base game version that allows mods so the community can keep it up like D2. Would love to play a harvest or blight league again...

Anyways, thanks for all the effort over the past few years as I really did get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of this game and I really do wish you the best moving forward. Good luck to all those Exiles that are still slogging it out!
Been trying to shut up and play through the changes. But I honestly can't think of another point in this games history where I have had less motivation to play since the rollout of Synthesis. I came back 2 months after launch for that league and something similar may need to happen here for me to change my mind.

I do understand the desire to make the game more difficult. But as others have said, the flask & mana changes have just made a game that is more clunky and less fun to play.

I love this game and do not want to see any league fail. But sorry ... in its current state this is just a terrible patch. Drastic changes need to happen or it'll be a very quick exit for a lot of people.
这季这么多削弱是想要让玩家游戏时长更久,GGG你的目的我懂,但是,用削弱玩家伤害和buff,加强怪物的强度,只会让玩家的游戏体验极差,最后,玩家完全可以选择直接放弃,不玩!!
想让玩家更多的游戏时长是要更丰富的游戏玩法来吸引玩家,特别是新玩家。但是这3.15的第一章的加强,再加上全面削弱,直接劝退新玩家,一个没有新玩家新鲜血液的加入,这个游戏就里死不远了!!!!
i wouldve liked to see changes for eye of winter. im one of like 6 people trying to selfcast that (full d2 cosplay), and it just misses a bunch. when i send the spell on its way, i cant predict if im going to hit an entire stream of projectiles or like 1 or 2. sometimes it deals nice damage, sometimes none. sometimes it misses entirely. im working around that with hydrosphere and chain, but i think its just a very strange behaviour right now. when the eye is in flight, the small projectiles always shoot in the same direction. they are a stream, and in my spell-fantasy they shouldnt be and between the streams, there are gaps where nothing is hit. that happens especialy when trying to kill a single rare. i think it should rotate. make the angle-per-shot something that doesnt add up to 360. right now, it just feels strange, i tried to find out how to position myself in order to hit a full stream of projectiles, but its impossible, and id even say it would be a better skill if its always "some" projectiles that hit, not a stream. thats ice spear. random directions would work, but we want it to be frozen orb and rotate, so make the angle per shot like some fibonacci angle :D

oh, and another less urgent problem for me at least is that i dont undertstand how to play from the written description. the 200% bonus applies to ALL projectiles i think? my guess is that 200% dmg bonus mechanic is to even out the skills dmg and make it less dependent on how exactly it hits; so farther out targets still get decent dmg dealt to, and closer targets get shotgunned more. or its to even out its dmg when shooting directly through a target; so that its consistend dps while inflight? not sure. other spells i can read and grasp what their behaviour will be. with frozen orb i had to just try, and best damage seems to be shooting through a target and have it half way of the eyes traveling distance. but its hard to tell, becaus like i said before sometimes it just doesnt hit, and sometimes it hits a lot!

i favour the fibonacci-angle solution (i hope im somewhat correctly using the term here), but bigger projectile hitboxes and a little nerf in dmg in return could also work.

oh, and while im at it, here my opinion on the nerfs: i feel like the biggest problem is that when i start the game, it looks and feels exactly like the last few seasons. nothing seems to have changed, except that now my chars suck more. if the nerfs came with more monster changes, i think it would feel way better - like more varriance in monster quantity (have little strong and mean packs and huge waves on other occasions) or behaviour (like adding a new skill for some monsters or so). maybe even dont just buff all monster hp by some amount, but rethink their relative hp.

oh, and the real meta problem is that the game is impossible to balance. for every 1 hour you add to zizarans playthrough (goal: maven), you add 5 to mine and 25 to my rookie friend. im not sure if i will get it done, and he certainly wont, and maybe thats okay. its the very final boss. yet the problem remains, if a pro streamer, an advanced player and a rookie try to make the same build, how much of a difference should there be in the final product? 5 times as strong? 1000 times? and say we agree tp just copy and adjust the pro guys build, how much then? just switching support setups a little and changing auras and respecing 5 nodes can mean the world. idk, im okay, i done my work and find my way around, but have fun trying to catch up. :D heck, ziz has a series called poe university.

peace!
Last edited by bas_of_exile on Jul 26, 2021, 12:54:11 PM
1 - "We want to minimise the strain on your wrist" - GGG NO PROBLEM we hear you! Adds 20 types of shards in the game.
2 - Unplayable skills ie: high tick rate > corrupted blood immunity for 1 second = what a joke
3 - alignment effect > broken it does not work buffing aquamarine is not enough. Some of your values are broken, check your tables.
4 - Why run red maps for the same reward in white maps?

You gear your league around a broken mechanic instead of making it fun, seriously rethink your reward system. I play a league to get REWARDS but instead I get more rng over rng with no items to refresh rng.

You ain't getting a dime from me for a few leagues, it does not like it will change at this pace.
"
Don_Haggato wrote:
why cant we have more nerfs? its still way too ez. wanna finally play Path of Darksouls!

2 of my friends started PoE 3 weeks ago. took me several months, talking to them, to get them to start cause PoE doesnt look exactly beginner friendly. actually, they were a bit intimidated. so, who can guess what happened to them this weekend? hahaha! ty for this :*

im pretty curious how u plan to get new players, balancing the game this way. especially, new players who have jobs to buy your mtx...

Please don't shame Dark Souls games :( DS have good dodge system (defensives), dont have one-shot from enemies and have good craft system. Most important things what missing in PoE :D
"
"
Narszosh7 wrote:
"
FightFW wrote:
Thank you very much for sticking to your idea!! The changes are good, keep it up, luckily for next league all the toxic reddit idiots are gone :D

Sure... because people who insult are not toxic, right? sure that 23% are the toxics and here remains no one toxic people who label others and insult them because a videogame, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Good luck with that "non-toxic" people that stay, im the "23% expected numbers" then maybe im one of that "toxics", have fun.

Ok Mr. Zero challenges. Have fun letting your opinions on things be dictated by randoms on reddit. Buh bye.

Say pure trade SC hero with trapper :D
Go flip some items or currency to buy better items on trade :D
"
Mokurp wrote:
hi

well the list of the avoid mods is getting too big: all curse maps, +projectiles, chilled ground (4 seconds immunity is not better), +critical chance/multiplier, reflect, -max resist, no mana regen, monster deal 100% extra damage as fire/cold/lightning soon i will just do white/blue maps

i liked the reduction in the loot less clicks or maybe is because i am taking more time to kill mobs but the rest is just bad, the game still run in the old pace alva giving 8 seconds, breach spawning a lot of adds too fast, blight, i cant wait to die in a simulacrum
and is impossible watch 50 mobs throwing projectiles and check if u received bleed/ignite/poison can only use the auto thing in the utilitarians flasks but well u need give up phasing/speed/dmg/ defense just to keep charges to survive is just a really bad gameplay

the npc that sell gear and upgrade is nice but u need farm a lot before to have the currency to 5+ changes and cant know how many u need farm

need add a special tag to the quicksilver flask giving more charges recovery during leveling (and after that)
i died so many times to bleeding/poison i am not a hc masoquist so this sucks

Slow us down and keep everything that forces us to go as fast as possible. Great idea. Other than that I'm enjoying playing. But will just ignore most leagues until my build is worth tens of exalts.
"
"
GGG wrote:
Were the Mana Cost Multiplier changes on Support Gems too Extreme?
"Yes, they were too extreme. Based on feedback and data, we are reviewing the mana cost multipliers again and will be reducing many (but not all) of them. While this will ease the impact on your mana by a moderate amount, the goal is still that mana matters a lot more than it did before."

Please REMOVE at all mana multiplier from CWDT support gem; it is 250% right now which is insane. We are punished enough with the fact that we have to pay for triggered skills with mana at all. Many exiles use Lifetap support to walk it around and lose socket slot in the process (it is not POE2 YET, we don't have 6 x 6 links YET!). And it is not the worst thing; Lifetap support itself has 300% mana multiplier; combined with CWDT multiplier of 250% gives ridiculous numbers in life costs! (750% in this case!!!)

AGREE

Should have waited to make us pay for triggered skills AFTER PoE2 updates with the gem/socket changes.

Still only having access to a maximum of two 6-links, in addition to damage nerfs and ailment immunity nerfs, making everything cost more mana is too unbalanced. Make Guard skills remove ailments and bleeding, then, for that cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info