Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

this is my dxdiag i cant play the game beacouse of the major laag spikes either
i have checked the memory test memtest 86+ passed all memory
before i got theese new ram 16gb 3600hz
i have a nvme installed and have no idea what to do to play the game its a intel core i 9 with 16gb of ram should not laag like this im getting sometimes ms for cpu at 200-5000ms i dont understand how this can happen i played scourge league with zero laag spikes i have the latest windows update and nvidia drivers for the 3060 drivers installed
https://pastebin.com/09cGSHh6
Short and sweet, here's what worked for me after tinkering with ALL options: disabled engine multithreading and all is ok now. Before, the CPU graph showed 100ms+ spikes!

My specs: Win 10, I7-3770, 16GB RAM, GForce GTX 1650, SSD

Hope it works for others, too!
My hovercraft is full of eels!
Last edited by Algernon77 on Apr 1, 2023, 5:44:26 PM
GGG have you sneaked this in again!

Because yet again my CPU is all over the place
What is the distinction between a locked CPU and an unlocked CPU? Which one is the most pleasant for you? Is an unlocked CPU even really well worth it?
Hey I was having this issue as well since I built a new PC that should easily run this game on high settings in QHD @165Hz but
Spoiler

Spoiler

After tinkering with settings for a while, I found that turning the in game vsync off, and just setting the framerate cap to match my monitor (165Hz) completely stopped my stutters. Posting this just in case it even helps 1 person. Good luck everyone having this issue!

Spoiler
Welcome back CPU latency issues yeeeeeha!

Turning to Vulcan did make the game run a bit smoother but damn the latency is spiking still and 100%ing my 4700k instantly when doing maps.

All drivers have been freshly updated to see if any results however you guessed it.
Same, everything keeps freezing on me and cpu/ms spikes up so high while frozen from any spell effect, then dead after
Same issue, tried everything. Ryzen 5 3600 and rtx 2070.
Last edited by 5teele on Apr 10, 2023, 5:24:06 PM
Barely been able to play this league. Just tried lowering my CPU max power setting from 100% to 80% and going to restart PC then launch POE again to see if that helps.
Don't necro a thread from years ago, just post your own thread with the relevant information (what ever was causing the OP's problem is almost certainly not related to your problem years later)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info