Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

I think the cache is not removed when you uninstall (so it depends if you cleaned the folders after uninstalling).
"
MrVaad wrote:
I think the cache is not removed when you uninstall (so it depends if you cleaned the folders after uninstalling).

Hi
Ive already physically deleted all the cache folders at the start of the league

It didnt help :(
"
MrVaad wrote:
Do you see a spike in the shader line when you have those problems ?

You can try to empty the shader cache (and minimap cache while you're at it). You'll get some slowdowns until the cache is rebuilt.

And check the cpu usage per core like i explained in my previous post.

How do I clear shader cache and mini map cache?
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue !

My system : AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core Processor (3.6 GHZ) with Nvidia RTX 2080 Super , running from SSD, 64 GB, 240HZ monitor - but running the game with V Sync off @ 144 FPS.

The performance issue started only in the last few months (Expedition League) and with the new graphs in the game, it is ALWAYS correlated with CPU & GPU graph spikes, from 5-6ms to 30-60ms , hence the framerate drops drastically (from 144 to low 0-20), even the sound stutters.

All other games run fine on my machine.

The internet is 180 MB/download and 120 MB/upload, ping constant @ 35-40ms.

The CPU usage in Windows 10 always stays @ 12-14%.

Here is a video that I recorded that showcases the issue and the Performance Graphs : https://youtu.be/Q4nqqOlS8BY

Any ideas related to what's the root cause for this issue? - I see most likely its the Graphics Card, as the video shows heavy work on the Shader graph.

Any suggestions of what should I try to narrow down the problem?

Thanks,
Alex
Last edited by QuaD_EkkO on Nov 14, 2021, 7:57:22 PM
Just came back to POE after not playing for over a year. An I am having this issue as well only using 30% of my CPU but CPU MS Spikes an game crashes. Never had a issue playing POE before.
Last edited by Furyofwar on Nov 23, 2021, 5:43:57 PM
I've been having similar problems this league and I'm running PoE on a R7 3700X, 16Gb of RAM, and an Nvidia Titan X with PoE on a healthy SSD to boot so I know my hardware shouldn't be a problem.

However I discovered something odd that seems to quash the CPU spikes. I was looking through my Nvidia Control Panel at the settings that PoE runs at just to see if I could tweak anything. I saw that the power settings were set to "Optimal Power" and decided to see if changing it to "Maximum Performance" made any difference. When I run the game under this setting I noticed that my FPS was smooth and mysteriously the CPU spikes that I would see even while idle in-game were gone. I've never had to set a game to anything but "Optimal Power" before to get them to run well so this is a first. You might give it a shot and check your settings for PoE for whatever graphics card controls you might have.
"
EvaShogouki01 wrote:
I've been having similar problems this league and I'm running PoE on a R7 3700X, 16Gb of RAM, and an Nvidia Titan X with PoE on a healthy SSD to boot so I know my hardware shouldn't be a problem.

However I discovered something odd that seems to quash the CPU spikes. I was looking through my Nvidia Control Panel at the settings that PoE runs at just to see if I could tweak anything. I saw that the power settings were set to "Optimal Power" and decided to see if changing it to "Maximum Performance" made any difference. When I run the game under this setting I noticed that my FPS was smooth and mysteriously the CPU spikes that I would see even while idle in-game were gone. I've never had to set a game to anything but "Optimal Power" before to get them to run well so this is a first. You might give it a shot and check your settings for PoE for whatever graphics card controls you might have.

Hey can you explain to me the path? I cant find this settings that poe runs on Nvidia Control Panel
Same problem absolutely unplayble ( i had 8 core 16 threads cpu
I'll add my bump to this issue.

My CPU latency is constantly pulsing from 4ms to 18ms , even when sitting in hideout. It's the only metric I can see that is causing the constant stuttering of the frame. I'm averaging 100'ish FPS so it's not a FPS issue, it's a pacing issue.

I've tried all the ideas (clear shader caches, disable multi-threaded support, turn off core affinity, etc.) and it's still doing it.

Last expansion ran without issues and it's not a hardware issue:

i7-9700k/2080 Super/32GB RAM/2TB NVME m.2
I also noticed constant CPU stuttering somewhere last league. The only fix that worked for me was disabling Engine Multithreading in settings. Not sure what the drawback is gonna be, but so far I'm running acts with no issues.
IGN: Talismqn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info