Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

Bumped((
Hi Exiles,

My wife had the same issue this league - massive CPU lag spikes, the game was barely playable and what helped was setting everything to maximum (graphic settings - lights, textures - everything high/ultra), and turning Engine Multithreading OFF in the Advanced Settings (last checkbox in the Graphics Tab).
"
AdrikPL wrote:
Hi Exiles,

My wife had the same issue this league - massive CPU lag spikes, the game was barely playable and what helped was setting everything to maximum (graphic settings - lights, textures - everything high/ultra), and turning Engine Multithreading OFF in the Advanced Settings (last checkbox in the Graphics Tab).

What fixed it most likely was turning the multithreading OFF, because it's kind of broken for many leagues now and causes massive stutters for a lot of players when ON. I can almost promise you that you can set those settings like global illumination/lightning or whatever back to medium or turn them off if possible. They aren't very necessary. In fact, if you value your hardware, maybe you should.

The game currently has another problem after a recent engine patch (poe2's particle system) which can cause all sorts of issues and one of those is higher impact on ur CPU or for example, higher temperatures.

Your high settings might cause even more unnecessary strain. So just an advice, be careful with those ultra. The game now in your case, works on single core and it very well might be that you are losing precious FPS. Try having only multithreading disabled and compare the performance.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Sep 11, 2023, 3:12:31 AM
Game is still broken for a lot of people.
Cpu keeps choking, running obs in background and a youtube video fixes it to a tolerable level. still jumps around tho. c states didnt fix anything power plan didnt do anything, multithreading off completely solves the issue but fps is bad in action. So we just got to wait for GGG to fix this? or do i have to buy a new
PC and hope it doesn't have this issue.

Anybody from GGG confirmed they are looking into this issue?
To be honest Ryzen 9 7950X3D is making the game playable. I would not go lower if you want a decent result.
Yeah, they know about the problem.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Oct 21, 2023, 12:51:26 PM
didnt know exactly if its related but looks like an cpu issue at all so:

when latency spikes up to ~1.6k the cpu ms drop significantly and in the same moment screen is frozen (except effects)

cpu (red) drop while latency (green) spiked:

https://imgur.com/a/WYNATXc
https://imgur.com/wLy0oPi
"
AdrikPL wrote:
Hi Exiles,

Yes. You can also turn multithreading back on and run something like https://pixelsfighting.com/ or a YouTube video in your focused browser tab and it smooths out the spiking. Also, running the game in 4k instead of 1440p increased performance for me. I assume because it's forcing the game to use more of the GPU vs the CPU. None of this should be required but this is where we are.
Hello, I too am facing constant CPU Spike-lags. Has a solution been found? I would appreciate if someone helped me out or pointed to where the solution is.
Having the same issue now and I am also certain it is not on my end. No other game has this issue - Cyberpunk 4K ultra settings NO ISSUES

Internet speed ~500GBs

CPU i9 13900K
GPU 4090
Both with a custom dual radiator water cooled loop
temps 50s CPU/GPU under load in 4K

64GB DDR5 Kingston Fury 6000
ASUS ROG MAX Z790 Hero

really sad I struggle to play one of my favorite games ive been at for 10y...REALLY hope they dont have these issue with POE2
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info