Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"
Dedisdead wrote:
For the next Baeclast with Chris Wilson, I'd really like to see him adressing some "contradictions" the game currently has : they want to slow down the game, but what about everything that forces you (explicitly or implicitly) to speed up as much as possible ?

1°) The timer on almost every mechanic (breach, legion, abyss somehow, delirium, incursion, some syndicate encounters etc)
2°) The ultra spiky damage that forces you to kill everything before get killed while moving,
3°) All the gated RNG content that needs you to farm as fast as possible to "forces more dices to roll per minute"
4°) The over farming content you have to get through like watchstones, craftings, all the shit splinters that you'll never get a single full stack of (even once) because they have the same gated content while they were the main mechanics during their own league (with around 10 times more frequency).

In fact, everything that has a timer forces you to speed everything up explicitly, but everything that is too gated behind RNG and/or with too spiky damage forces you to speed everything up implicitly. However GGG is immensely fond of RNG and spiky damage to stop even the most overpowered characters, how are they gonna address this very core contradiction ? I do think the futur of POE depends almost entirely on that single question, even more than the QOL !
clapping
"
xpoohx wrote:
wow tonedef much? The whole cast of Baeclast have gone on record saying they love this new direction... there will be no criticism no open dialoged just a love fest about how this is great. why not you know talk to some people who have actually expressed negative opinions instead of a bunch of GGG apologists.

Never heard of them, but I'm expecting nothing but a softball interview just like those we're getting from league reveal streams.
Although hopeful I fear that the Baeclast gang will be light weights and do the usual ass kissing. And Chris will smile and say "all is going well". I expect that this Baeclast will almost for sure make half of us quit for good - I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Aug 11, 2021, 12:10:29 AM
path of matth for president +.+
Last edited by 2Nuns1Cup on Aug 11, 2021, 3:02:15 AM
"
Skelius wrote:
The amount of people crying on the forums how the game is too hard and they want their buffs back, their flask piano back... you are pathetic. What you don't realize is that Chris Wilson, and GGG are the very very few game developers in the world to pursue their vision of a perfect game that will be played for generations, instead of catering to the casual masses crying how they can't kill a end-game boss in 2 seconds anymore (you still can, and that is assuming they even got to end-game)

That is massive respect. And I think the game is reshaping to become something truly challenging and rewarding. Kudos.

And then there's players like you, i can afford to make most builds its not the point that there is a under lying issue that some builds are near unplayable regardless of investment currently.

i got the 0.40% kill the maven achievement on steam i have mirrors worth of gear that's literally junk if you think you could of done a better job with a poison bow build send me a link of a pob, were under-powered period our scaling is shit the only way we had to up our damage was via unique flasks even our chance to crap our critical strike chance well keeping meaningful damage is gone i have to stack wither to reach my peak damage and its not there to begin with.

how can you turn around and even talk about GGG with a ounce of respect they got no clue on the word balancing period.

i took a mediocre damage source and a overpriced class to get up and running bow builds and went against the grain and never got rewarded only received nerfs go scour the market for poison mirror gear or chaos mirror gear in general non existent for a good reason.
I didn't play much 3.14 because of how much 3.13 I played (most fun I ever had playing poe), and I felt like if I saw another circle I was going to vomit. However, I was still very much looking forward to 3.15. I chose to be optimistic during the week leading to launch. Was only kind of tilted by how shallow and unexplored explosive concoction was.
Now that I have leveled a hand full of characters to maps only to have them all feel equally bad, I can finally conclude that my favorite game over the past couple years is no longer fun to play.
I'll tune in tomorrow, but the baeclast gang are poe old timers that love the changes. Easiest interview f'ing ever. We will probably learn more about how poe will continue to be a game for the 0.1%, and how casuals can go fuck themselves. Anyone who is upset with ggg now will still be upset with ggg by the end of the day tomorrow.
Last edited by Dustmandust on Aug 11, 2021, 1:16:44 AM
"
Dustmandust wrote:
I didn't play much 3.14 because of how much 3.13 I played (most fun I ever had playing poe), and I felt like if I saw another circle I was going to vomit. However, I was still very much looking forward to 3.15. I chose to be optimistic during the week leading to launch. Was only kind of tilted by how shallow and unexplored explosive concoction was.
Now that I have leveled a hand full of characters to maps only to have them all feel equally bad, I can finally conclude that my favorite game over the past couple years is no longer fun to play.
I'll tune in tomorrow, but the baeclast gang are poe old timers that love the changes. Easiest interview f'ing ever. We will probably learn more about how poe will continue to be a game for the 0.1%, and how casuals can go fuck themselves. Anyone who is upset with ggg now will still be upset with ggg by the end of the day tomorrow.

glad to see you made it to late game level 94 , and that you will continue to support the game with your 1 supporter pack, need more players like you so i can pull out my pop-corn as the game dies, and its not for the 0.1% people are just better at abusing the system in terms of trade - farming starts - the core problem is the core of the game it self is shallow and the balance team has no idea what there doing the actions there taking in contrast to the game as a whole is not making me want to farm or play the game period and it causes a ripple effect across all of the player base.

the games at a low-point and the development team is resorting to streamers to stroke there ego's at this point, put path of matth on that pod-cast and ill watch every second of it.

and ill go and say it, price fixing in the game is a easy way to make currency target sought after items buy the market out of the cheaper listed ones and re-list it at a price your happy with creating a false market demand, if you can abuse trade using the site you can snipe lower priced items re list them at a higher price and profit as well as take the buy out the lower priced items and re list them at a higher price works on most mandatory unique items gems or sought after late game gear period.

the false demand means items people need all of a sudden are way beyond there reach because they have 0 clue on how to make currency and there build's are getting steam railed by your balancing team thus far and that's just making RMT look so much better in the eyes of these new players that are following there guide on a over complicated game and have no idea how to process the overwhelming information at hand and lets not forgot the games only getting harder, and then you went and removed harvest what a least gave these players a chance to make there dream gear or items and funded there builds to a degree.

the fact is the games to hard to play for new players unless there playing a jacked build and really follow and understand a guide for the current meta, some builds just do everything and then some not so much, in saying so you cant expect every one to want to play the handful of builds or find them fun and then over look the economy that's stagnant and as poorly built fundamentally as it could have been, and not have a disaster the games gonna implode on it self at some-point and add the player frustrations in for players who's builds are dead, and it you don't need much of a brain to look at the game from skill gem prospective and say some are over-tuned and others are not so great same with ascendancy's.

and this full circles the problem with RMT in the game if you could play any build and fundamentally make it good if the scaling for investment was fair, the common thing i see from RMT players is they have played the game for 2 weeks are and running more unique's in there build then i count and the said items are worth abit of currency on the market i guess there fast learners right, and the only real way to view your character and make logical decisions is with the help of path of building (FORK) and then you got to be able to read and understand the information being presented at that point, the fact there resorting to real world trade to play your game in the first place is pointing to underlying problems with your game.

we were groomed for a need for speed in the game, the development team forgot why they got community support thus far and the shit show that is chriss willsons dream is not the dream alot of people had in mind.
Last edited by 2Nuns1Cup on Aug 11, 2021, 2:15:55 AM
"
2Nuns1Cup wrote:
"
Dustmandust wrote:

glad to see you made it to late game level 94 , and that you will continue to support the game with your 1 supporter pack, need more players like you so i can pull out my pop-corn as the game dies.

so what, ur just here sniping us cry babies? taking the time to look on our profiles? thats weird. go back to playing since you probably still enjoy it. ur right about the one supporter pack thing tho. they obviously want people like me to quit, I dont contribute enough. I'de pay for 3.13 poe tho.
I don't know if someone has already suggested that, but why don't you just make items from breaches/delirium mobs drop when it's over (just like it's done for incursion. we get all the loots when incursion is closed)?
And the splinters dropped from legion mobs/chests could drop stacked already, as well as rogue markers/perandus coins/etc. This would be a huge QoL upgrade, imho. And it shouldn't me too hard to implement, the harbingers act like that since 2017 (the loot is dropped only when they're dead, and it's stacked!).

Don't know how to make the same for expedition, the only thought so far is to make some kind of 'saved loot' - you kill mobs/open chests and the clickable button/whatever pops up, and as soon as you click it, the loot drops on the ground. Would be a lot easier for my wrist to collect it at once, given the number of new currencies (20!).

Have a few words about Abyss content, it's dead at least for like a year and the abysses often travel the whole map before releasing the monsters. The only valuable unique connected to Abyss theme is farmed in Heist (lol!) after all the nerfs abyss items got a lot earlier.

Collecting Betrayal crafts is a pain in the ass, someone suggested selling veiled items to vendor and receiving random or all 3 possible crafts for it, kinda like that idea.

Metamorph is not rewarding at all, the only valuable thing I have ever got were lvl 21 gems, but maybe I'm not that lucky, so it's not a big thing to discuss.

Delve is dead, people stopped farming fractured fossils, therefore delve-specific uniques cost a fortune, that must be addressed somehow. Sick of Aul's Uprising amulets that have their cost equal to Headhunter (just compare these uniques and the bonus they provide, it's ridiculous). E.g. a lot of phys builds get almost the same boost from Aul's as well as from Watcher's Eye with bonus impale mod, but I don't see single mod Watcher's Eye going for 80 ex.

For the conclusion I'd like to say that these changes would've worked before adding Maven (the DPS loss wouldn't be that noticeable), but I actually don't see my Reave Gladiator doing Maven invitations with lees than 100-150ex budget. It has to have 30-40 ex of investments just to break the point of 2 million DPS, and it's clearly not enough to deal with breachlords.

Thanks everyone who have read till the end, would love to hear your opinion as well.
"
JediWabbit wrote:

I left the game before last league, and started playing Star Citizen, there's actually a comparison to be made. There is a mass exodus from Frontier's Elite Dangerous to Star Citizen, and the reasons are pretty comparable to the mistakes made by GGG. A management team so out of touch with what the masses of their player base wanted, they launched an expansion (Odyssey), and basically are nuking their own company.

+1
I played ED tons of hours, really liked the game.

And then FD fucked up their game with their vision, started with introducing tedious grind for mats. We left with friends directly to PoE these days, then to other games. Now PoE repeats the samey thing like FD does to ED. Need to say all friends left PoE asap it become more and more grind demanding and that way so tedious for them?

And I never return to ED since, cuz devs nor just want to unfuck the game now even not have such a competence anymore to do so (since then alot of old team was gone and FD got new fresh recruits thats kinda do low effort content).

I fear the kinda samey story goin here too.
3.13 was so much better, as a core game, than current one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info