Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

Good one. Thanks
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Good job, Baeclast team and Chris.
GGG cares about flasks being used alot and causing injuries but at the same time releases so many mechanics where u need to click A L O T... Just like the very last league mechanic, so what's the logic behind?
Its fun to see how enthusiastic he is about Hardmode but it is also very scary, a lot of key issues on how monster are still strong and only getting stronger while players are getting nerfed were not addressed or avoided. The complaints about the campaign are also falling on deaf ears.

It's ok, it will be fun I swear Hardmode is fun so this is also fun!

Not everyone is a Masochist

We hear and agree with you that there are issues so you should just keep on keeping on while we work on passion projects and maybe some fixes for the next league in a couple of months.

The community is crying out that the current iteration is bad and the podcast spent a little too much time talking about a mode that is coming in which it will be worse for the select few that like that, it's good that there is going to be more stuff in the game for those people but I thought the podcast was going to address the problems more not promote a mode in which those issues will be bigger albeit optional.

I find myself mildly pessimistic about it all
First of all ty to all the GGG for path of exile, despite its flaws it is still one of my favorite game.

But about flaws

-no chase item, better farm div cards or frag whatever and sell them
-crafting is gambling
-third party programm needed
-trading is needed but is awfull
-you don't power up by identifiiyng picked up stuff

You want us to trade but we have to get out of the game to do it(trade site), and we are lucky when people answer our trade request, an in game automated system trading as we play inside the map would be wonderfull.

Loot wheight.. just auto loot currency and recap on loading screen, auto empty inventory on stash opening?

In game pob an detailled char/skill info would be heaven.

Please turn the whole harvest, beast, incursion/syndicate bench into tradable items like prophecies.

Game has a nice pace to it, pace breaking mecanics that gets us out of the game are boring
First of all: thanks for the baeclast podcast and the open communication.

My feedback to Christ after seeing this live yesterday and sleeping over it condensed. Normally not a forum poster, but I'll thought this merits a response.

1. It's GGGs (and Chris) game and creation and they are totally free to design it as they seem fit. They do not owe me anything. My money spend on the game was for the enjoyment I alread had.

2. The game is less fun than it used to be for me. Over the last leagues, the meme "fun detected!" for the continued nerfing has lost its humourous side. Now my expectation is that whenever I find some skill/item/playstyle combination that gives me pleasure, it will be gone in the next league. This has become very toxic to my enjoyment of the game.

I was disheartened to hear the words "this was too powerful" over and over in the 3.15 announcement. The goal in the game, I thought, was to become and feel powerful by learing its skills and interactions. If 5% of a build reach the silly level and you kill the whole thing with nerfs, you prevent 95% of the build players from enjoying it. This is unfair and people feel betrayed.

3. In my mind, the "hard" mode will be really bad for the game. We already have the "HC powergames" and the "SC plebs". Seeing the eyes of the baeclast participants light up on the "hard" mode mention, makes me expect that our top community members will joyfully embrace this mode (no blame on them). This means there will be no top content on "normal" poe to be seen on twitch and that will just kill the general interest in "normal". We watch Raiz/Ziz/Nugi and all the others to learn from them and become better ourself. So, we will only be able to do that by also playing "hard" and that will shrink the community.

4. Killing gems. Nugi had this on his prepared question list, but it is difficult to cover everything in such a podcast. Yet this is, for me, one of the basic things that is going wrong between players and the dev team. Over and over, the "slight nerfs" to a skill have killed it for almost all players. This is beyond my understanding. People have found something to enjoy in the game and the dev team looks at the top 5% of skill users, decide that what they do is "too powerful" and kill it for all of us. Address the 5% you do not want without mowing down everyone, pls!

Nah, I'll just wait for Monday's tldr.

No longer trust the HMFIIC to speak truthfully nor the favored streamers to do more than to pander to his feelings...
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
I assume that if the vision does not change its direction, then poe 2 never come out. We observe the beginning of the end. the game move away from the casual player more and more.

Chris, we don't want to enjoy the act's. We want to enjoy "the game" as soon as possible.

Maybe introducing the league to the standard at the same time would satisfy a lot of players because they would not feel the time pressure.

Chris, think about the players who love your game but don't have 8 hours a day to play it. it is not an extra job, it is relaxing after it, and dying is not relaxing.
Really annoying to see how Chris Wilson stubbornly is pushing his failed ideas. 3.15 is dead after 2 weeks, people rejected those ideas, but somehow he seems to not see this.
"Just wait til you play Hard Mode and you'll appreciate what you have now"

Your obsession with hard mode really worries me, what about casual mode? In which we could craft things and play fun builds?

People are leaving because game is too hard, because you took away the candies...

And BOOM you announce hard mode, there candy is not even possible?!

Do you really want to force casuals/semi-casuals out of your game?
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info