Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
"

I got even further in the podcast, and Chris Wilson basically confirmed he and his team do NOT get it. Like ACTIVELY.

He said he wants it to go AWAY from bosses dropping uniques, and just have the excitement of things in a random drop pool that you might only see once every 3 leagues or so.

Chris keeps going back to the example of opening boosters for Magic the gathering.

It really, REALLY strikes me as out of touch - like WILLFULLY out of touch, and one of those moments where people like me will say Chris's vision is out of touch with what the majority of players want for the game.

Most of us WANT deterministic boss drops.

Agreed 100%
Also his comment about ailment immunity baffled me. They basically ruined the ailment stuff from flask, and he said they don't know how to fix it and suggested random stuff which to me means he's throwing darts at a dart board and whatever it hits that's what they'll try. Totally clueless.

Not to mention he admitted that flasks weren't even tested.
How the hell can you change a major core part of the game and not test it? That alone shows the complete incompetence of this studio.
"
They killed Second Wind so you can't actually link flamedash or smokemine or dash to 3 support gems to make them viable. They are just bad now. Movement skills are just so bad right now.

And yes his reasoning for the movement skill changes is that he doesn't want good movement without investment. And still insists that they are great. Uhh hey Chris, a movement skill tied to 3 gems is a pretty heavy investment as it takes up 4 slots and when you're trying to min/max that's a huge tradeoff.
about loot boxes MTX why not just add a salvage system that reward you of special shards for 15-20% of the item value but make it so you can only craft items from the loot box with it and not the box its self?

or maybe mix 10 common items into 1 box
5-6 uncommon items into 1 box
or 1-2 rares into 1 box
Last edited by NoyAvargel on Aug 12, 2021, 6:58:53 AM
"
Nah, I'll just wait for Monday's tldr.

No longer trust the HMFIIC to speak truthfully nor the favored streamers to do more than to pander to his feelings...

I think you'll be surprised that didn't happen as was I. They all asked some really good questions, especially Raiz and Nugi.
Last edited by Gulch on Aug 12, 2021, 7:00:20 AM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Nah, I'll just wait for Monday's tldr.

No longer trust the HMFIIC to speak truthfully nor the favored streamers to do more than to pander to his feelings...

I think you'll be surprised that didn't happen as was I. They all asked some really good questions, especially Raiz and Nugi.

yeah their questions were very good.... ill be honest especially raiz because i feel that PoE is more and more about the 1% top players and normal players dont really get to do or get any anyting in game anymore.. the game is poorly explaining inside.. like when you want to craft not everyone got half a year to study how to craft in PoE and its weird they dont just have normal crafting system that you put item ina nd it show you progression option
Great Podcast,

It great to see that GGG chose the approach to communicate instead of head in the sand.

Thank you for that. I am really happy this happened and hopefully will continue happening.

Just wanted to say this is positive and it is appreciated.
Respect for doing this. Thanks Chris, GGG and PoE Community organizing this.
"
Anngrat wrote:

Do you really want to force casuals/semi-casuals out of your game?

This is the second manifest where Chris speaks openly, yes!
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 12, 2021, 8:02:22 AM
This has to be the best way to communicate with the community/fanbase.

As this podcast once again shows, we are all humans. We have our faults, noone is perfect. Same goes for the things we produce, like POE. I have to agree with about 90% of everything said in this podcast. If I don't agree with only about 10%, then (for me) thats still an amazing game you all made.

I will watch every single one of this kind of interviews.
Interesting, exciting, funny and above all, honest!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
"
AskeQQ wrote:
Really annoying to see how Chris Wilson stubbornly is pushing his failed ideas. 3.15 is dead after 2 weeks, people rejected those ideas, but somehow he seems to not see this.

Or pretends to.
"
Reallabel wrote:

I will watch every single one of this kind of interviews.
Interesting, exciting, funny and above all, honest!

Say it was sarcasm..
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 12, 2021, 8:07:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info